Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomsmom said:
A tad off topic but not really, I have little to no desire to shop "retail". Just needed to announce that among " my people " lol

Oh I know!!! Ive been shopping retail this week because my movers lost my clothes and so they're giving me $150 in living expenses a day until they're found... And I have so much trouble spending it! It feels wrong! But I might as well use it ;)

chowlover2 said:
Don't feel bad Doll, enjoy! You can do alot with $150 aday!

Haha so true! I got my first ever pair of "retail" true religions in the cut and style I like best. Dark wash, white stitching, boot cut. I'd never have bought them for myself, but they're really special. They were on sale at Off Fifth, but after you spend $6 on a Gucci suit, even $100 jeans is crazy though!!

A Lucy sweatshirt
Striped LS shirt
Bike shirt
Kinda boring. I love anything Lucy, if it fits and I am always happy to find stuff to ride in

Attachments

• DSCN7145.jpg
    DSCN7145.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSCN7146.jpg
    DSCN7146.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCN7147.jpg
    DSCN7147.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 393
So many amazing finds, everyone! I was 30 pages behind; so much to catch up on and see.

I was actually pretty lucky today!!!!
Then I went to another thrift which is on the very expensive side and found a piazza sempione blouse! It was $39, not so cheap, but I had been searching for this exact blouse with ruffles for ages! I'm in love!!!!!
Great Piazza Sempione blouse! Isn't the quality amazing? Worth every penny.

Today I went to my favorite vintage/resale shop and scored a pair of Tods that fit like a dream and vintage Dior cross body bag. The shop authenticates merchandise before putting it out. Best part...? The Tods were 35 an the bag was 30, but I sold them some old clothes so they were both free!!!!!!

LOVE the Tod's shoes!

My trip today:
Paloma Picasso bag for 4.99, I recognized the gold X already far away, never knew about this brand before, thank you ladies!
7474580332_ce3d769aa7.jpg
What a great Paloma Picasso bag. The silhouette reminds me of the Mark Cross Madison satchel Barney's carries now.

I have done very few transactions with people abroad. I always look at Vintage Chanel bags, and I just skip it if it is in a foreign country, even if it was the bag of my dreams. I just try to avoid that hassle. I did do a transaction with someone in Australia (although I have my account set up for US only), because she pleaded with me about the bag I was selling, that she had been looking for forever. That was a perfect transaction. I guess it depends on the Country.

Wouldn't it depend on the individual?

my little vintage finds:
A cool fringed vintage Mr. Emperor scarf (ME signature) $2.40
img0156uo.jpg

By jessi319 at 2012-07-07
img0157sw.jpg

By jessi319 at 2012-07-07

What gorgeous colors!

I have some great things to show you all soon!!

But here's my favorite: Vintage (mid to late 80s) Oliver People's Eyevan sunglasses!!!

e89597e2.jpg

SO cool!

Oh I know!!! Ive been shopping retail this week because my movers lost my clothes and so they're giving me $150 in living expenses a day until they're found... And I have so much trouble spending it! It feels wrong! But I might as well use it ;)

Wait a minute . . . the movers lost YOUR clothes!?!?
Please tell us when/if they find and return them to you. You've created an incredible wardrobe with truly exceptional finds. If anyone could rebuild a wardrobe quickly, wherever she is, it's you. . . but some of those pieces would be so hard to never see again.
Hope it's been a good move for you, lost clothing aside!

Yesterday I did find these shoes at my local flea market, made in Italy and new. I paid 1 euro. Dh doesn't like them at all... he says they are VERY VERY 90s! LOL

What do you think? They're so comfy!

immagine008dst.jpg

immagine011nr.jpg

Versace Jeans Couture is a more youthful line. The main line is typically labelled with just Versace or Gianni Versace.

The highest end is Versace Couture (with retail at up to $10-20,000). Second would be Versace collection (with the Gianni Versace or Versace tags) or Atelier Versace for the gowns and such. Then Versace Jeans Couture, aimed at a younger audience, then Versace sport. But you really can't go wrong with any Versace!!!!

Thank you. :hugs::winkiss:

nillacobain said:
Yesterday I did find these shoes at my local flea market, made in Italy and new. I paid 1 euro. Dh doesn't like them at all... he says they are VERY VERY 90s! LOL

What do you think? They're so comfy!

I think these look great! From what I can see...not too long at all!

Valentine.....you are so brave! I would be a MESS if my clothes were lost! Too many irreplaceable items!! Enjoy that $$$$ in the meantime. NM Last Call is having a HUGE sale. The other day many things were an extra 50% off the lowest price....even the already heavily discounted. I got a great pair of pale pink Jbrand jeans for $40 and a pair of Pedro Garcia heels that i have been wanting on sale from $490 to $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.