Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my local charity shop today and found 6 pairs of Ferragamo shoes the only sad thing was they were priced between £19.99 and £24.99 each I took a picture of the four nicest pairs I did come home tho with about 20 cross stitch patterns got them all for about £2

What a sight! Those white ones are gorgeous...I did find those exact same ones before, but sadly not in my size. Actually, I`ve never found any ferragamos in my size, though they do pop up surprisingly often around here.

The next item is a vintage Koret tan "pocketbook" that costs $4.50. It is made of calfskin with satin lining and the same bag (in genuine aligator!) is currently up for auction on ebay for $990! I tad over-priced IMO, but it was cool to see that it was the same bag. I've posted the auction link below (NMA).

It is in great shape and immaculate inside and out, and doesn't even smell old and musty! On the outside it needs cleaning, conditioning and some polish for the hardware. I think it will rehab well.

Inside there is a little black pouch for a mirror but the mirror is missing. It also has a 3-section, kisslock pouch inside along with a zipper compartment and 2 slip pockets.

The coolest thing about this bag is that it has a surprise! Here are some pics and I will post pics of the "surprise" with the next message.

Alligator version of this bag on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300626239153?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

That koret bag is gorgeous!

View attachment 1775188

$5 vintage coach bag. Usually they mark these at $20 but I got lucky today

View attachment 1775191

Hand rolled silk YSL scarf. Has a small stain that I know will come off and a tiny unnoticeable hole $4.
The girl that was ringing this up said "you always find the best scarves". This is a sad and happy feeling when an employee not only knows that I shop there way too often but also knows that I do find great scarves lol

Great find on the coach bag! I never cared for the brand until I saw their vintage leathers...they`re such great quality!

The boots were the height of style in the early 80's. Cowboy boots were everywhere I think due to the popularity of Dallas on TV. :smile:

Love love frye boots. I have engineer, slouch, some heels etc. Last forever, go great with jeans, dresses, leggings ... I'm already looking forward to Fall !! Lol.

Never tried their bags but I always keep my eye out for their boots when I'm thrifting.

Thanks, I will have to look for their boots, too!

...That koret bag is gorgeous!

It is special, thanks!

The next bag is a pink Hobo International clutch for $3.50. It is in good shape and just needs a little cleaning and conditioning!
That's so cute!! And the Koret bag is amazingg!!!!
View attachment 1775188

$5 vintage coach bag. Usually they mark these at $20 but I got lucky today

View attachment 1775191

Hand rolled silk YSL scarf. Has a small stain that I know will come off and a tiny unnoticeable hole $4.
The girl that was ringing this up said "you always find the best scarves". This is a sad and happy feeling when an employee not only knows that I shop there way too often but also knows that I do find great scarves lol
$5 !?!? That's such a steal! I agree, you do find great scarves!

HI! Found this See by CHLOE summer dress in yellow, perfect and lovely! £6! :biggrin:

IMG_2232-1.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg
Very cute! Perfect for summer!

I tried to put on a good attitude about my little city and went back out thrifting tonight. It paid off, although maybe not Michigan caliber ;)

d249a39b.jpg

Givenchy blazer that is toooooo cute!!! $4. Based on the label, I'm guessing its 1960s-70s... And silk lined. So cute and cozy!

6c4ae35c.jpg

Roberto Botticelli heels, $2.98. I'd never heard of this designer, but they were Italian and sized as a 38, so I googled them. Cheapest pair on eBay is $55! They retail at $400ish I think.
Great find Nicole! Don't worry about finding great stuff because it certainly is going to find you!

norell008.jpg

These are massive and incredibly light! Like less than a feather.
norell012.jpg

They were $2. It's just so much fun to build a collection of costume jewelry just because it brings you joy ...

norell005.jpg

I like the color here ... $2.50

norell013.jpg

I may have seen this exact chain belt as a child. It's like ... I saw it and thought, "Hello Friend!"

norell015.jpg

It is also quite light and easy to wear. I like the color of gold here. Gold has so many different colors contained inside it. I pretty much love all the colors ... Gold is one of my favorites!

norell017.jpg

$4 Ferragamos ...
norell020.jpg

I like how conservative these are. And the color ... sorta taupe ...

norell022.jpg

Looking at these yesterday i had the prettiest ever day dream about how one day i would actually have many pairs of ferragamos all bought "On the thrift ..." Was such a pretty pretty moment ...

norell033.jpg

From the 99 cent only store.
norell036.jpg

CRAZY! You know how long I have looked for a camo green military jacket that is shaped like this?
norell030.jpg

I adore the boomerang shaped buttons and this thing is unworn I think! I mean it needs a steam but WOW. So exciting

norell037.jpg

Vintage Jacket ... $1 at the Sunday Morning Thrift Service!
norell041.jpg

The trim is very cool
norell043.jpg

So vintage ... Maybe ... 1950's?
The lady with the Duck nails actually took this. I saw it the previous week and I thought ... "WOW! I would love to have that!" But it was marked at $24.99. SO when Duck Nails' assistant put it back on the rack I snatched it up and had this sensation of "This is my Big Ticket Item from Today!" I always feel like I leave the thrift store with one really great item. For me. Of course I had great things for the Hubs also ...

norell044.jpg

Bracelet length sleeves and it is so beautifully made.
Lazlo, everyone has their "one big ticket item" and yours is beautiful!

Went to my local charity shop today and found 6 pairs of Ferragamo shoes the only sad thing was they were priced between £19.99 and £24.99 each I took a picture of the four nicest pairs I did come home tho with about 20 cross stitch patterns got them all for about £2
Ferragamo galore! Awesome!!!

Hi everyone so amazed at all the goodies you guys have been finding. I hadn't posted on here because I didn't realize how ginormous my phone uploads the pics and I was too lazy to go through my pc. Anyway, I did find some goodies and thought I would share them with you guys.

Picked this scarf from Harrods for $2

This Vera scarf also for $2

These Ann Taylor linen shorts with tags on for $2.95

Michael Stars bronze top for $2.95

Juicy Couture tank for $2

Isacc Mizrahi for Target top for $2

Blue lace top (tags were cut off) $2

United Colors of Benetton black parka for $5

Bob Mackie brown zebra silk top $2

I also found two Trina Turk tanks for $2, two Banana Republic blazers and an Ann Taylor blazer all for $4 ea. I just haven't taken pics of those yet :smile:
Great Benetton jacket! And your Vera scarf is beautiful, I just started looking at scarves and a Vera was the first one I picked up!

What!?!? *heads off to look now!!

I was actually pretty lucky today!!!!
Found a mark bouwer glamit dress at goodwill. I was just donating things( cleaning out the closet) lol! And I decided to go and take a look! When I asked the price the guy said 6.99!! I said great then he said its 50% off!! Wow even better!!!

View attachment 1775599

View attachment 1775601

Then I went to another thrift which is on the very expensive side and found a piazza sempione blouse! It was $39, not so cheap, but I had been searching for this exact blouse with ruffles for ages! I'm in love!!!!!

PS;": the belt is new too and second hand purchased from a reputable seller of the bay!

View attachment 1775600

View attachment 1775598
Love love love all your items! :loveeyes::cloud9::love:Btw if you don't mind me asking, who's your reputable seller for the belt. I am *kind of* looking for a Hermes belt too

mainguyen504 said:
Love love love all your items! :loveeyes::cloud9::love:Btw if you don't mind me asking, who's your reputable seller for the belt. I am *kind of* looking for a Hermes belt too

Hi mainguyen,
Sure I purchased from
Japandream7. Nowadays they don't authenticate Hermes belts at the accessories forum anymore but if you looked for archives hiss products are always authentic and he is regarded as a reputable seller in many cases by the authenticators. The shipping was fast too! 4 days from Japan! Wow!

Hi mainguyen,
Sure I purchased from
Japandream7. Nowadays they don't authenticate Hermes belts at the accessories forum anymore but if you looked for archives hiss products are always authentic and he is regarded as a reputable seller in many cases by the authenticators. The shipping was fast too! 4 days from Japan! Wow!
Thanks love! I was bummed when they didn't authenticate belts anymore and caroldiva hardly does belts either! I will def check him out. Thank you!!!

My local Savers Thrift store was having a 50% off sale on Monday. I almost didn't go because I figured that "all the good stuff would be gone" by the time I got there after work, but I was wrong!

I only had time to check out the handbags but I ended up buying five "rehab projects"! And I put back several other nice bags/wallets at cheap prices including: Perlina, Hobo International, Coach, D&B, and Kate Spade!

My total cost for all 5 items was just $28.50! I actually spent $29.50 because I also grabbed a 5-pound free weight for $1 on my way out. I figured that I am going to have to "go into training" to develop the stamina needed for all the rehab "projects" I have piled up!

This is the first bag. it's a red, pebbled-leather hobo from Fyre for $4. I had never heard of Fyre before but the bag is incredibly well-made with thick leather, heavy hardware, and a very soft lining of flannel or suedecloth. It was made in Italy and the leather patch inside says that the company has been making fine leather goods since 1832!

I did some research when I got home and learned that Fyre is best known for their quality leather boots. Does anyone know anything about Fyre bags or have any advice for cleaning and conditioning?

The bag is intact but dirty inside and out. I hope that I can clean her up because she really is a cutie! I will post some pics of my other "buys" in subsequent messages.

Hey, I saw your link to this over on rehab and included a link to Frye's website. (Must have not been reading all the words in your post!) You certainly did well, as usual, with a $4 purchase, as some of their current bags are in the $300's! Great finds, as usual.

Love both items!
Found a mark bouwer glamit dress at goodwill. I was just donating things( cleaning out the closet) lol! And I decided to go and take a look! When I asked the price the guy said 6.99!! I said great then he said its 50% off!! Wow even better!!!

View attachment 1775599

View attachment 1775601

Then I went to another thrift which is on the very expensive side and found a piazza sempione blouse! It was $39, not so cheap, but I had been searching for this exact blouse with ruffles for ages! I'm in love!!!!!

PS;": the belt is new too and second hand purchased from a reputable seller of the bay!

View attachment 1775600

View attachment 1775598

OutOftheCloset073.jpg

Bobbi Brown shimmer eyeshadow! Win!
OutOftheCloset075.jpg

OutOftheCloset076.jpg

From this ... I made ...
kabbalah001.jpg

This .... as a base ... ESP for the newest members of la collectzione de la nail polish orama
kabbalah039.jpg

kabbalah094.jpg

And Lynnderella Kabbalah Bracelet

Long Live Frankening for fun and entertainment!
OutOftheCloset057.jpg

100% Silk ... sillk lining even! Good god the comfort of pure silk! This is a brand new with tags Charlotte Dress that I paid $2 for.
OutOftheCloset056.jpg

OutOftheCloset054.jpg

OutOftheCloset060.jpg

Love the ruffled details at the neck

OutOftheCloset047.jpg

Confusing dress by Laundry. Also 100% silk. It's a Boob Tube dress!
OutOftheCloset048.jpg

The thing is there's no front to this dress. It's like ... "Here's my Hoo Haw!" So I figured I could wear it with one of my vintage slips that is less see thru ... don't know how that'll work. It could be great or ... just too insane ... we'll see
OutOftheCloset050.jpg

It was $2 ,,, I will take that $2 risk

OutOftheCloset042.jpg

Vintage Hawaii dress ... metal zipper
OutOftheCloset046.jpg

OutOftheCloset041.jpg

I am thinking ... 1950's maybe? A muu muu ... see my Hawaiian Friend? I can learn!

capa052.jpg

This is my newest friend ... his name is Laurence. The sweetest Sweet that ever sweeted!
capa053.jpg

His owner told me he took Laurence from some Cholos ... so ... thrifted Dog ...

What a yummy scarf! I can never have too many!
Thank you :smile:
Magda don't feel bad. I went to GW yesterday and one of the sales clerk introduced me to the manager as family. lol She sold me a $30 vintage Coach for $9. She's officially :lol:my sister from another mother.... I love your new Coach and YSL scarf, it's so colorful.
LOL, I know the feeling :smile: pics please??
You made out like a bandit with the Coach bag!

Ha! Five dollar coach bag WIN!

The scarf! I could die! Get out of town!
Thanks guys! Laz, that new thrifted friend of yours is adorable! You got a heart of gold. Love the Tahari & the nails. SPARKLY!
I have rehabbed a few Willis bags and they clean up very easily and look great! Here are a couple of threads that could help you to rehab you $5 find! Good luck!

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/two-70s-80s-made-nyc-bags-going-through-658823.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club-624452-8.html#post18465269
I will check this out, thank you :smile:

View attachment 1775599

View attachment 1775601

View attachment 1775600

View attachment 1775598
This outfit looks stunning! And congrats on the H belt, I am drooling. I am very happy you found a reputable seller, such a shame the fakes are getting so good that even the pros can not tell them apart.
What a sight! Those white ones are gorgeous...I did find those exact same ones before, but sadly not in my size. Actually, I`ve never found any ferragamos in my size, though they do pop up surprisingly often around here.

That koret bag is gorgeous!

Great find on the coach bag! I never cared for the brand until I saw their vintage leathers...they`re such great quality!
Same here, not a big fan of the newer ones, but I am feeling the vintage!
Anyone know when they started making them in China? There is no indication of where it's made?
That's so cute!! And the Koret bag is amazingg!!!!

$5 !?!? That's such a steal! I agree, you do find great scarves!

Very cute! Perfect for summer!

Great find Nicole! Don't worry about finding great stuff because it certainly is going to find you!

Lazlo, everyone has their "one big ticket item" and yours is beautiful!

Ferragamo galore! Awesome!!!

Great Benetton jacket! And your Vera scarf is beautiful, I just started looking at scarves and a Vera was the first one I picked up!

What!?!? *heads off to look now!!
:blush: thank you

Today I went to my favorite vintage/resale shop and scored a pair of Tods that fit like a dream and vintage Dior cross body bag. The shop authenticates merchandise before putting it out. Best part...? The Tods were 35 an the bag was 30, but I sold them some old clothes so they were both free!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-3252568734.jpg
    image-3252568734.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 400
  • image-3194662854.jpg
    image-3194662854.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 402
  • image-2698429727.jpg
    image-2698429727.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 404
  • image-2478283366.jpg
    image-2478283366.jpg