Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had colleague who always bragged at work how she buys her clothes etc. only in high end stores and would never ever enter the second hand store. ...but I always met her there every Saturday morning when I was making my weekly tour and she always pretended not to know me. :biggrin:

Snorting in laughter :roflmfao: how did you not give a big wave and hi!!

Here's photo of said dress :smile:

View attachment 1790277

Gorgeous!

It really IS about the Joy. Absolutely!

There's a thrift tag that goes around on You Tube. Andone of the questions is,"What do you think of people who think thrifting is gross?"

Usually people say,"More for Me!"

But I agree on the "I never understood why people have pride in spending too much on disposible things like clothes that cost pennies to make."

I don't understand. I also agree that I LOVE High End also. I want to move into the Chanel Robertson Boutique ...

I like it all! But to me the thrifting is aventure and treasure and pride in saving money! It's recycling and keeping green. Some people are phobic of The Dead People (not to be confused with The Grateful Dead) ... but I feel like... we're all pretty much going to be super dead one day. And I would hope my "stuff" can find a newer happy home instead of landing in a land fill.

Oh my gosh it's the total joy!! I completely agree with you Lazlo! My BFF keeps saying she wants to go Thrifting with me, I do give her things on occasion but I'm not sure she's really going to like the hunt, the thrill of the find, kwim?

Three dresses ... $7 total... small thrift store. This is the thrift store where they reclaimed Mom's Cart when she wandered away from it and they efficiently restocked everything she had in there, including her own jacket and bag. Yes. Luckily I refused to put the Longchamps Pliage Tote in her cart ... I was holding it when she screamed ... "Where's my cart!?"

Ha! I was in the dressing room and .. it's so Classic Mom ... what can we do? We gotta laugh ...

Anyhow no hard feelings cause they have great prices and cool stuff!

versus067.jpg

A terrible picture of an all silk polka dotted dress ...
versus066.jpg

with a wide colorful belt, this will be grand! It has a ton of seaming which you cannot see here ...

versus069.jpg

Look at the pointy round buttons! It was $2

versus071.jpg

Another all silk dress ... Pink and orange yes please! I love this silk knit...

versus072.jpg

From Australia! This is a lovely brand ... $3 ... Did I mention that the dresses at Goodwill are up to $8.49 in our stores? Except for the F21 new with tags that they mark with double black tags for $29.99 ... don't laugh! Stop laughing! May I interest you in an Old Navy Dress for $34.99? Fake Coach> No? You say No!?

versus073.jpg

This dress has drawstring openings ... I could do with a velvet ribbon belt yes yes I could

dragon070.jpg

$2 Ella Moss dress!
dragon069.jpg

They said Ella Moss was comfortable ... but this is ridiculous! Seriously. So snuggly!

Dress ... for Success!
Those are the sweetest dresses, but my favorite is the "Honor Amongst Thieves" dress

My favorite thing to do was drag my ex into crossroads while he complained loudly that everything was unsanitary and unwashed and gross and how he was surprised I never got an infection of any kind (uh... I am just wearing the clothes buddy)... Until he found a pair of true religions in his size. I think there was a lot of animosity growing between us for years at that point. :roflmfao:

Crossroads isn't actually all used items. A Well known high end company I used to work for would sell their slightly damaged items to crossroads.

feudingfaeries said:
Crossroads isn't actually all used items. A Well known high end company I used to work for would sell their slightly damaged items to crossroads.

Oh, I know. I've bought both the used and new there. I've known people who would only buy new items there... Like really? There's all this good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.