Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next item is a vintage Koret tan "pocketbook" that costs $4.50. It is made of calfskin with satin lining and the same bag (in genuine aligator!) is currently up for auction on ebay for $990! I tad over-priced IMO, but it was cool to see that it was the same bag. I've posted the auction link below (NMA).

It is in great shape and immaculate inside and out, and doesn't even smell old and musty! On the outside it needs cleaning, conditioning and some polish for the hardware. I think it will rehab well.

Inside there is a little black pouch for a mirror but the mirror is missing. It also has a 3-section, kisslock pouch inside along with a zipper compartment and 2 slip pockets.

The coolest thing about this bag is that it has a surprise! Here are some pics and I will post pics of the "surprise" with the next message.

Alligator version of this bag on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300626239153?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I do soooo love Koret bags!!! gorgeous! you should post it in the vintage finds thread too!!

...Love your bag haul. Especially the Frye. I have heard about them but don't own one. Looks so well made. I used to have a coral clutch that looked just like your Hobo. It was a cheap PU knock off so I donated it once I got a taste for the real stuff :smile:

Good lock with the projects, I have a few sitting around myself :smile:

Thanks! It's true, once you carry quality bags you don't want to carry anything else. Good luck with your rehab projects too!

OMG! So Jealous! ;) I love Frye stuff, I have a pair of boots that I've had since the 80's that need some rehabbing because they're a cream color, and 3 or 4 pair of boots that I've had around 10 years or so that I wear the heck out of . One has been resoled because I wore them so much, but they still LOOK new. They are incredible quality.

I've admired the bags but haven't gotten one yet, sometimes they're too "hobnailed" and "bikerish" for me but they seem to be nice quality and great leather. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky and get a deal. ;)

Thanks! I can't believe the thickness of the Fyre bag's leather. Even though I had never heard the name before I could see that it was great quality.

Last edited:
Thanks! I can't believe the thickness of the Fyre bag's leather. Even though I had never heard the name before I could see that it was great quality.

Do you know how the name is pronounced? "Fie ray" or "Fie ree" or "Fie ree A"?

If your bag says Fyre, it's a fake. ;)

If it's Frye, it's just like what you do with chicken.

I worked in retail in many places that sold the boots, but never anywhere I could get my employee discount on the bags. I too have been eyeing a few on eBay.

omg this is weird. I just discovered Frye bags last week and literally have just put some on my watch list from the bay....LOL. GREAT BAGS!!!!

That's too funny! If this one is a representative example then they are very nice bags! I wonder why they haven't gotten much attention?

Hobo int'l has done well for me on the bay......I love their wallets!

This is my first Hobo purchase. They also had a very nice (almost pristine) Hobo drawstring bag in black - but I put it back because I don't have anything similar to the pink clutch.

I do soooo love Koret bags!!! gorgeous! you should post it in the vintage finds thread too!!

I will, thanks!

If your bag says Fyre, it's a fake. ;)

If it's Frye, it's just like what you do with chicken.

I worked in retail in many places that sold the boots, but never anywhere I could get my employee discount on the bags. I too have been eyeing a few on eBay.

Oh gee, I got confused, it's "Frye" thanks! :shame:

Love love frye boots. I have engineer, slouch, some heels etc. Last forever, go great with jeans, dresses, leggings ... I'm already looking forward to Fall !! Lol.

Never tried their bags but I always keep my eye out for their boots when I'm thrifting.

I was actually pretty lucky today!!!!
Found a mark bouwer glamit dress at goodwill. I was just donating things( cleaning out the closet) lol! And I decided to go and take a look! When I asked the price the guy said 6.99!! I said great then he said its 50% off!! Wow even better!!!

image-416813191.png

image-4060582794.png

Then I went to another thrift which is on the very expensive side and found a piazza sempione blouse! It was $39, not so cheap, but I had been searching for this exact blouse with ruffles for ages! I'm in love!!!!!

PS;": the belt is new too and second hand purchased from a reputable seller of the bay!

image-1264841107.png

image-2718362561.png

Status
Not open for further replies.