Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also picked up 2 very dirty suede Coach items, a salmon soho flap for $15 and a small blue wristlet for $1.50. I am going to wash them and hopfully clean them up without ruining them.

There are more pics at the Coach Authentication Thread (links below). So all in all I am pretty pleased with my $28.50 investments, but I need to get to work on my rehab projects!

Coach Salmon Suede Soho Flap:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-694619-794.html#post22250137

Coach baby blue suede MFF wristlet:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-694619-794.html#post22250169

Attachments

• SalmonSuedeSohoFlap001.jpg
    SalmonSuedeSohoFlap001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 465
  • BlueSuedeWristletCoach002.jpg
    BlueSuedeWristletCoach002.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 461
image-1658868614.jpg

$5 vintage coach bag. Usually they mark these at $20 but I got lucky today

image-2887578246.jpg

Hand rolled silk YSL scarf. Has a small stain that I know will come off and a tiny unnoticeable hole $4.
The girl that was ringing this up said "you always find the best scarves". This is a sad and happy feeling when an employee not only knows that I shop there way too often but also knows that I do find great scarves lol

Attachments

• image-2282779986.jpg
    image-2282779986.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 435
  • image-2919865224.jpg
    image-2919865224.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 432
View attachment 1775188

View attachment 1775191

Hand rolled silk YSL scarf. Has a small stain that I know will come off and a tiny unnoticeable hole $4.
The girl that was ringing this up said "you always find the best scarves". This is a sad and happy feeling when an employee not only knows that I shop there way too often but also knows that I do find great scarves lol

dont worry HAHA it happens to me all the time :biggrin:

HI! Found this See by CHLOE summer dress in yellow, perfect and lovely! £6! :biggrin:

IMG_2232-1.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg
Simply LOVE this dress, it is so summery and delicious.
My local Savers Thrift store was having a 50% off sale on Monday. I almost didn't go because I figured that "all the good stuff would be gone" by the time I got there after work, but I was wrong!

I only had time to check out the handbags but I ended up buying five "rehab projects"! And I put back several other nice bags/wallets at cheap prices including: Perlina, Hobo International, Coach, D&B, and Kate Spade!

My total cost for all 5 items was just $28.50! I actually spent $29.50 because I also grabbed a 5-pound free weight for $1 on my way out. I figured that I am going to have to "go into training" to develop the stamina needed for all the rehab "projects" I have piled up!

This is the first bag. it's a red, pebbled-leather hobo from Fyre for $4. I had never heard of Fyre before but the bag is incredibly well-made with thick leather, heavy hardware, and a very soft lining of flannel or suedecloth. It was made in Italy and the leather patch inside says that the company has been making fine leather goods since 1832!

I did some research when I got home and learned that Fyre is best known for their quality leather boots. Does anyone know anything about Fyre bags or have any advice for cleaning and conditioning?

The bag is intact but dirty inside and out. I hope that I can clean her up because she really is a cutie! I will post some pics of my other "buys" in subsequent messages.

The next bag is a pink Hobo International clutch for $3.50. It is in good shape and just needs a little cleaning and conditioning!
Love your bag haul. Especially the Frye. I have heard about them but don't own one. Looks so well made. I used to have a coral clutch that looked just like your Hobo. It was a cheap PU knock off so I donated it once I got a taste for the real stuff :smile:
Good lock with the projects, I have a few sitting around myself :smile:

View attachment 1775188

View attachment 1775191

Nice finds. I think that is a Coach Willis Bag so $5 is a fabulous price!

View attachment 1775188

View attachment 1775191

Magda don't feel bad. I went to GW yesterday and one of the sales clerk introduced me to the manager as family. lol She sold me a $30 vintage Coach for $9. She's officially :lol:my sister from another mother.... I love your new Coach and YSL scarf, it's so colorful.

magdalinka said:

You made out like a bandit with the Coach bag!

I also picked up 2 very dirty suede Coach items, a salmon soho flap for $15 and a small blue wristlet for $1.50. I am going to wash them and hopfully clean them up without ruining them.

There are more pics at the Coach Authentication Thread (links below). So all in all I am pretty pleased with my $28.50 investments, but I need to get to work on my rehab projects!

Coach Salmon Suede Soho Flap:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-694619-794.html#post22250137
Coach baby blue suede MFF wristlet:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-694619-794.html#post22250169

O .... love them!

I found reading on the coach rehab thread amazing!

View attachment 1775188

Ha! Five dollar coach bag WIN!

The scarf! I could die! Get out of town!

My local Savers Thrift store was having a 50% off sale on Monday. I almost didn't go because I figured that "all the good stuff would be gone" by the time I got there after work, but I was wrong!

I only had time to check out the handbags but I ended up buying five "rehab projects"! And I put back several other nice bags/wallets at cheap prices including: Perlina, Hobo International, Coach, D&B, and Kate Spade!

My total cost for all 5 items was just $28.50! I actually spent $29.50 because I also grabbed a 5-pound free weight for $1 on my way out. I figured that I am going to have to "go into training" to develop the stamina needed for all the rehab "projects" I have piled up!

This is the first bag. it's a red, pebbled-leather hobo from Fyre for $4. I had never heard of Fyre before but the bag is incredibly well-made with thick leather, heavy hardware, and a very soft lining of flannel or suedecloth. It was made in Italy and the leather patch inside says that the company has been making fine leather goods since 1832!

I did some research when I got home and learned that Fyre is best known for their quality leather boots. Does anyone know anything about Fyre bags or have any advice for cleaning and conditioning?

The bag is intact but dirty inside and out. I hope that I can clean her up because she really is a cutie! I will post some pics of my other "buys" in subsequent messages.

Oh I am sure she will clean right up!

HI! Found this See by CHLOE summer dress in yellow, perfect and lovely! £6! :biggrin:

I could die! Just amazing! the color The Color! Did you see the color!?

Here's more pics of the tan Koret bag. It looks like it has a front flap pocket and it does have a slip pocket behind that pocket; but when you unsnap the flap you find a surprise!

Inside is an anchored organizer with pockets for "passport papers" "tickets" and "money". I just fell for this bag because it is so "ladylike" and unusual!

I have a ladylike koret bag too! I love them!

OMG! So Jealous! ;) I love Frye stuff, I have a pair of boots that I've had since the 80's that need some rehabbing because they're a cream color, and 3 or 4 pair of boots that I've had around 10 years or so that I wear the heck out of . One has been resoled because I wore them so much, but they still LOOK new. They are incredible quality.

I've admired the bags but haven't gotten one yet, sometimes they're too "hobnailed" and "bikerish" for me but they seem to be nice quality and great leather. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky and get a deal. ;)

katev said:

I had a pair ofFrye boots, would take care of Sam as Coach.

omg this is weird. I just discovered Frye bags last week and literally have just put some on my watch list from the bay....LOL. GREAT BAGS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.