Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a woman do a BIN on a New Marc Jacobs Blake bag, then asked me questions after she bought it. Sent it to her, she left positive FB, then decided it was too small and didn't want it. Rather than just sell it, she started a case in the resolution center, made up all sorts of lies, said it was thrashed (it was brand new)on and on and on. She also got on tPF and made up a big story about what had happened and what should she do....It was a nightmare. I finally let her send it back and made her eat the postage both ways(which was around $50). Then sold it for more... eBay can be a nightmare.:mad:

JEEZE that's ridiculous. Yeah ebay is nightmare my sister took control with the problem we are having at the moment and the person is being so abusive it was getting her very upset so much so she is deleting her account once its resolved and my mum is thinking of getting rid of hers. But its odd the fact that the three big problems we have encountered since being on ebay have all been with someone abroad

In case of moths.

In Southern California we get really bad wool moths. It had been dry cleaned already. So a clean item can be put in a ziplock bag and frozen for 3 days to kill every last moth or moth egg. Plus silverfish die in the freezer. After the deep freeze I will store them in the ziplock bags in my Lane cedar chest.

It will kill anything.
I work at a area rug cleaning plant and we see a lot of wool rugs that have active moth larva eating the fibers. For small items the best way to eliminate moth eggs and larva is to: -put item in a plastic bag and squeeze out as much air as possible and tie securely
-make sure freezer is at 32 degrees F or 0 degrees C
-put item in freezer for 7 days
-take item out of freezer DO NOT OPEN BAG. Let item warm up to room temperature for 1-2 days
-put item back in freezer for 7 days
-take item out of freezer and bag get item professionally cleaned

NEVER STORE clothes in PLASTIC BAGS. Plastic bags hold in moisture and can cause yellowing, odours, mold, and/or fibers to rot.
Cedar chests, cedar chips and lavender work in an air tight environment, but until the oils dry up and only as a REPELLENT!
The best deterrent for moths is clean, dust free wool items. Even if you only used a wool sweater once clean it before storing.
For more info on moth life cycle and how to prevent them check out www.luvarug.com, click on Moth Prevention under the area rug maintenance tab.

JEEZE that's ridiculous. Yeah ebay is nightmare my sister took control with the problem we are having at the moment and the person is being so abusive it was getting her very upset so much so she is deleting her account once its resolved and my mum is thinking of getting rid of hers. But its odd the fact that the three big problems we have encountered since being on ebay have all been with someone abroad
I have done very few transactions with people abroad. I always look at Vintage Chanel bags, and I just skip it if it is in a foreign country, even if it was the bag of my dreams. I just try to avoid that hassle. I did do a transaction with someone in Australia (although I have my account set up for US only), because she pleaded with me about the bag I was selling, that she had been looking for forever. That was a perfect transaction. I guess it depends on the Country.

Last edited:
Wacky totally 80s urban outfittersy, American apparely shirt. $1.99

Citizens of Humanity Ingrid. $9.99 marked down to $4.99

Antik Denim. $2.99

Grand prize... I.Magnin Persian lamb trimmed suit (came with a pencil skirt). $9.99

And for fun: cactus shot glass. $0.69

Add to that the 30% off everything sale today and we have a bankbreaking $17.27!!

Attachments

• image-3973457895.jpg
    image-3973457895.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 413
  • image-1297903319.jpg
    image-1297903319.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 399
  • image-2415861897.jpg
    image-2415861897.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 408
  • image-2439682385.jpg
    image-2439682385.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 405
  • image-2436996506.jpg
    image-2436996506.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 406
Love the antik! Those are one brand I have yet to find in my size :smile:

They're my first pair! They're 2-3 sizes larger than most of my jeans. I might actually be more of a 26 than a 25 as of late but these are definitely low rise and when I have low rise jeans I generally have to size up to avoid sausage syndrome. My Paiges are all 26 and still fit me at 130 pounds just a smidge tighter than 125 and I generally say that's the most consistent brand sizing for me.
I remember when Antiks were big I always liked the pockets and I always love pretty butt pockets! The only denim I bought then was Gap though.

Tomorrow me and the cactus shotglass are gonna get acquainted... time to welcome mr. shotglass home!

I only sell in the U.S. I do not give refunds. Choose wisely and look closely at the pictures. Direct all questions before purchase. Everything is pre-owned, if new I will inform you.

Wacky totally 80s urban outfittersy, American apparely shirt. $1.99

Citizens of Humanity Ingrid. $9.99 marked down to $4.99

Antik Denim. $2.99

Grand prize... I.Magnin Persian lamb trimmed suit (came with a pencil skirt). $9.99

And for fun: cactus shot glass. $0.69

Add to that the 30% off everything sale today and we have a bankbreaking $17.27!!

I loveeeee the grand prize item ColdSteel! Just beautiful! I hope you did a Victory Dance! I love Antik!

Would join you in the installation process of said Cactus Shot Glass! Hoping you are serving tequila!

Best part is that the grand prize was RIGHT ON THE END OF THE RACK! Like it was waiting right there for me! My mom is in love with it. I'll have to reposition and tack the fur down again but other than that it's fantastic.

Me and cactus are going to have some tequila and cake vodka! Happy birthday America!

Awh, I think that prom dress is lovely as is! $.20...I wish things were priced that low here :wacko:.

Yeah the thrift store sales days are well worth standing in the lines like Captain Ding Dong in my opinion. I was standing there on Sunday in a crowd of about 13 people waiting for the store to open.

I mean I got 35 items for $7 and 8 items for $1 each! that's Cray! It's close to Bag sale prices. Let me loose in a thrift with a bag!

Happy 4th of July my American friends. I wish I was celebrating with you all. I am normally in the US on the 4th but not this year :sad:. I did however find a vintage Versace denim shirt so that is like the 4th celebrations for me :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.