Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
um once I posted pictures here of a Prada cosmetic bag, Miss Valentine said it was real and the Prada peeps didn't answer me for three days and then told me it was fake. With no reasoning behind it. So ... I don't know honey Bunny ... Grain of Salt maybe?

It looks AMAZING to me ...

Thanks Lazlo, Im thinking it's "real" But I'm no expert, lol

I have some great things to show you all soon!!

But here's my favorite: Vintage (mid to late 80s) Oliver People's Eyevan sunglasses!!!

e89597e2.jpg

omg I LOVE those!!

I did way too much shopping today. Hit my Sunday morning spot and then went to a garage sale on the way home ...

dragon091.jpg

Found these for $1
dragon092.jpg

Flynt style

dragon093.jpg

Slight problem ... the original seam is gone

dragon094.jpg

Doesn't look so ... good BUT ...

dragon062.jpg

Old Navy jeans I bought to make shorts from ... they were 20 cents ...
dragon068.jpg

but I also wanted them for the original seams at the bottom ... which I knew I could use on the 7FAM's ...

dragon095.jpg

dragon097.jpg

Using a zipper foot

dragon098.jpg

The bulk of the seams ... I wanted to kind of visually match

dragon101.jpg

And here they are ...

dragon100.jpg

Fixed up! .... Making these $1.20 7's! I really wasn't too sure I could do this but now that they have been washed and dried ... they look even better! I have had plenty of jeans hemmed up using the original seam but this is my first attempt doing it myself. Can't justify a $25 tailoring job on $1 jeans ...
thry017.jpg

More Roses!
thry113-1.jpg

Gonzo assisted me while sewing ... I had to toss him off once he decided fluttering his tail near a moving needle was "helpful" ...

We thank you for looking!

I have some great things to show you all soon!!

But here's my favorite: Vintage (mid to late 80s) Oliver People's Eyevan sunglasses!!!

Those are so incredibly cool! Love the shape!

Thanks Lazlo, Im thinking it's "real" But I'm no expert, lol

We've all touched and handled so many fakes while thrifting that I kinda have confidence in our ability to spot "real" ... I bet it's real ... one thing I know that is a good looking bag! I would still be dancing around if I were you!

:biggrin:
I found this little Tiffany box at Goodwill today and it was half off. I got it for $18!

That is adorable! And it matches your nails!

I made $374 on the bay today! Wooohooo!

Well done! Well done!

Those are so incredibly cool! Love the shape!

We've all touched and handled so many fakes while thrifting that I kinda have confidence in our ability to spot "real" ... I bet it's real ... one thing I know that is a good looking bag! I would still be dancing around if I were you!

:biggrin:

That is adorable! And it matches your nails!

Well done! Well done!

At the risk of sounding "needy". Thank you so much! It's been a rough time lately and I was thrilled to get out and thrift and then to find that bag...lol. I KNOW you all understand :smile:

I did way too much shopping today. Hit my Sunday morning spot and then went to a garage sale on the way home ...

dragon091.jpg

Found these for $1
dragon092.jpg

Flynt style

dragon093.jpg

dragon094.jpg

dragon062.jpg

dragon068.jpg

but I also wanted them for the original seams at the bottom ... which I knew I could use on the 7FAM's ...

dragon095.jpg

dragon097.jpg

Using a zipper foot

dragon098.jpg

dragon101.jpg

And here they are ...

dragon100.jpg

Fixed up! .... Making these $1.20 7's! I really wasn't too sure I could do this but now that they have been washed and dried ... they look even better! I have had plenty of jeans hemmed up using the original seam but this is my first attempt doing it myself. Can't justify a $25 tailoring job on $1 jeans ...
thry017.jpg

More Roses!
thry113-1.jpg

Gonzo assisted me while sewing ... I had to toss him off once he decided fluttering his tail near a moving needle was "helpful" ...

Love, love the jeans repair"! I'm mentally filing it for future use. My 14 yr old dd scored big time on high waisted 7 FAM that were too short for me, she has the coolest high waited shorts right now.....

Your cat kills me lol

dragon091.jpg

Found these for $1
dragon092.jpg

Flynt style

dragon093.jpg

dragon094.jpg

dragon062.jpg

dragon068.jpg

dragon095.jpg

dragon097.jpg

Using a zipper foot

dragon098.jpg

dragon101.jpg

And here they are ...

dragon100.jpg

thry017.jpg

More Roses!
thry113-1.jpg

The jeans look great! And Gonzo, what a cutie! When I was a kid my Grandmother would spend summer vacation with us at the beach. She had a Siamese Tinkerbell who I walked on a leash twice a day. We both loved it, Gonzo always makes me smile and think of him. :smile:

Wow, wow, wow!!!!

Merekat....the box is darling!!

Raven...good going!!

Lazlo...I cannot believe you made that work but they look great!

Tomsmom...I am so happy for you!

I stopped in BE today an got a pair of gorgeous chocolate brown Gucci skinny cords. They are really long and will be perfect with clogs or heels in the fall. I am so glad they do not hit at the ankle or scrunch up at the Ankle but glide right over for a perfect fit! All that for $25!!!!

What a cute Tiffany box! And those jeans lazlo! When I was reselling denim a lot I never thought to make frankenhems. I would roll up the cuffs and tack them down and sell them as crops.

lazlo8 said:

Found these for $1

Flynt style

Using a zipper foot

And here they are ...

More Roses!

Lazlo, you are INCREDIBLE! Great work!!!

Raven3766 said:
I made $374 on the bay today! Wooohooo!

Raven, that's awesome!!!! Is that all profit???

Raven3766 said:
Nice, love them!

Tomsmom said:
omg I LOVE those!!

chowlover2 said:
Love them!

Thanks guys!!! I just loved them! I got three pairs of oliver people's for $30 but these were by far the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.