What do H fans think of LV?

I love LV. It was my first love when I started going into designer brands. I will use my LV when i know that i won't be babying my bags. They are super durable . I have stopped buying LV bags. But I will continue to buy small leather goods like key pouch and card holders due to their ability to withstand abuse. As for Chanel, I am still using the chanel wallet, but most likely I won't continue buying chanel purses. I might consider their shoes tho

To the OP: Buy what your heart desires! If it fits your needs, is practical enough, easy to handle, in your price budget...etc. then you have the answer right here!
Now if you have to ask my opinion of LV - I love it still and you can't go wrong with it! I've jumped around with other brands, but never really cared for them. I own Hermes products and will proudly wear LV at the same time. I honestly don't care what others think of me or what brands I carry on my leisure days. What others think of you depends on your attitude and behaviour, not what you wear. However I am conscious of what I carry to work - there's a place and time that's appropriate for certain things and some luxury products are not conservative enough for my work environment. And this includes Hermes, LV, Chanel, or any premier designer brand.

I love Hermes for its understated look. No loud logos, no big monograms (only exception being the constance) - just pure handmade, luxurious, top notch quality that I absolutely adore and value. LV never really drew my attention because I was uncomfortable with with loud prints, so I only stayed with epi leather. But my epi Alma bag's quality wasn't great and I exchanged it for something totally unexpected! I find myself loving the contrast between a smooth black leather and monogram canvas with the gold hardware. A modern twist to the vintage LV luggage trunks.
Anyway, H or non-H, you have to love it regardless and wear it with pride! There's no wrong or right! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1500301687135158844619.jpg
    1500301687135158844619.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 930
So what do H fans think of the LV x Supreme line? I just heard about this a few weeks ago. Reading about the lines/hype/hysteria of the pop up stores (and now the cancelled North America release) reminds me of the current lines/chaos/situation at FSH. Good PR stunt, I suppose...but the LV x Supreme product line isn't that appealing to me. Maybe I just don't understand what's so special about Supreme. Thoughts?

The Supreme Line LV is entertaining to me. That's about it. I do not buy much LV anyway. Only pieces that appeal to me or are practical. I do admire the creativity of some of the collections and the history of the line. LV compliments my Hermes (no way I'm wearing my box bags or other precious leathers in the rain!).

Reactions: CEC.LV4eva
I love Hermes for its understated look. No loud logos, no big monograms (only exception being the constance) - just pure handmade, luxurious, top notch quality that I absolutely adore and value. LV never really drew my attention because I was uncomfortable with with loud prints, so I only stayed with epi leather. But my epi Alma bag's quality wasn't great and I exchanged it for something totally unexpected! I find myself loving the contrast between a smooth black leather and monogram canvas with the gold hardware. A modern twist to the vintage LV luggage trunks.
Anyway, H or non-H, you have to love it regardless and wear it with pride! There's no wrong or right! :biggrin:
Agreed and love your bag!

Reactions: mi.kay

I agree with this too. I think I've veered away from LV because of loud logos. When I used to work, i would carry multiple designers....Mulberry, Chloe, LV, etc. My speedy was one of my first (and cheapest) designer bags, and it's ironic it would get the most comments at work. I see the LV monogram everywhere. I'm attracted to H bags because of how subtle they are. I live in an area where my Birkin does not get recognized and it's great. My Twillys get more comments and I'd like to keep it that way.

If you love the monogram, rock it! I tried to love it like I once had, but I can't anymore. I touted with the idea of getting a neverfull out of necessity but have never pulled the trigger. If I ever do, it will be the Epi version and not the monogram.

Ages ago I was a very active member in the LV forum but time passed, life changed and I am now the very lucky and thankful owner of some beautiful Hermes bags. I treasure these (bags) very much. Despite the fact that LV is now a different company and most bags these days are not singing to me I am still loving the look of a classic speedy or even the new model (for me, belonging to the age group for which a strap on a speedy was unimaginable). With patina against the backdrop of a classic outfit for me it radiates a certain savoir-vivre: Being stylish opposed to fashionable and being a lover of good quality over quantity, enjoying something good through the years without always hunting for something else. This goes (for me at last) nicely with Hermes and so it is no contradiction that I will most likely (re-) buy that said monogram speedy for the situations in life where it is more appropriate or practical to carry.

Yeah, I agree I went to the Hermès boutique twice and search the Internet and this forum. And honestly, I really only like the evelyene GM, which I bought that day with the lv capucines, and of course my dream bag the birkin. I am not into the accessories now or scarves, we'll at least not now. Thanks, for your cool input.