Wash your Coach in Washing Machine?

I would not do that...

I bought a bag on Ebay and it was in awefull condition so I had washed it inside and out with a mild dishwishing soap and let it air dry. But the bag was so bad I had no other choice..

My fav Dillards SA told me that she has at least 2 customers that do that, to say the least I almost had a heartattack on the spot! She said that it does not seem to harm the bag, but she like I would never put a bag in the washer, not if you really like it anyway. {or even like it a little}
*but my Mum In Law had once washed my Scribble MiniSkinny without me knowing, it came out great, but after she told me what she did, I left the room, came back and asked her not to again. I know she thought that she was helping, but my heart almost gave out that day. I miss her.

I know this thread is old and no one has posted anything recently regarding putting a Coach purse in the washing machine, but I wanted to add my 2 cents :smile:
Well, tonight, after reading the threads about it, I decided it was worth a shot. Absolutely NOTHING was working to clean my pink striped soho that was purchased about 4-5 years ago. I figured what the heck, I'm not going to use it if it's dirty so it was worth a try. I have tried everything to clean it.....Coach cleaner, baby wipes, wash cloth and gentle soap, etc., etc. and NOTHING worked! The white and pink stripes were filthy from normal wear and tear. I sprayed the whole purse with Shout stain fighter and scrubbed the dirty areas with my nails. I basically bathed the whole purse in Shout! I filled the washing machine up with cold/luke warm water and used Tide detergent. Either this bag was getting clean or getting pitched! I was a bit nervous......I washed it on a gentle cycle twice, yes, twice in a row! It came out beautiful! I am awaiting for it to dry, it is hanging and I stuffed a few kitchen towels in it so it keeps its shape. I blew a warm hair-dryer on it for a bit and now I'm letting it air-dry. Tomorrow I will remove the towels so the inside will dry out. The leather is pretty wet, it will probably take a few days to dry out, but it sure was worth it! It is sparkling clean!! YAY!

OMG!!! I absolutely CRINGED when I read this thread! Nice bags in the washing machine...NO NO NO! I wouldn't put any of my bags, Coach or otherwise, anywhere near my washing machine.

I know this thread is old and no one has posted anything recently regarding putting a Coach purse in the washing machine, but I wanted to add my 2 cents :smile:
Well, tonight, after reading the threads about it, I decided it was worth a shot. Absolutely NOTHING was working to clean my pink striped soho that was purchased about 4-5 years ago. I figured what the heck, I'm not going to use it if it's dirty so it was worth a try. I have tried everything to clean it.....Coach cleaner, baby wipes, wash cloth and gentle soap, etc., etc. and NOTHING worked! The white and pink stripes were filthy from normal wear and tear. I sprayed the whole purse with Shout stain fighter and scrubbed the dirty areas with my nails. I basically bathed the whole purse in Shout! I filled the washing machine up with cold/luke warm water and used Tide detergent. Either this bag was getting clean or getting pitched! I was a bit nervous......I washed it on a gentle cycle twice, yes, twice in a row! It came out beautiful! I am awaiting for it to dry, it is hanging and I stuffed a few kitchen towels in it so it keeps its shape. I blew a warm hair-dryer on it for a bit and now I'm letting it air-dry. Tomorrow I will remove the towels so the inside will dry out. The leather is pretty wet, it will probably take a few days to dry out, but it sure was worth it! It is sparkling clean!! YAY!

Good job, Kellyb! You had nothing to lose, right? I figure if it's so dirty you're not carrying it, then throw it in. Who cares? Fabric gets wet...leather gets wet...then it dries and you might just have a bag that you can get a few more years from. Congrats on taking the "plunge" (pun totally intended)!! :biggrin:

I have put no-name, cheap nylon or cotton bags in the washing machine (they were so dirty I was ready to throw them away anyway if they got damaged) and they came out fine. A Coach would have to be pretty far gone before I'd have the courage to try washing it though!

There are some recent threads discussing putting thrift store purses in the washing machine. I personally have thrown 3 ( Coach less than $6 each) in the washing machine - one all leather, one suede and one siggy fabric with leather trim. All came out fine . :smile:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/old-bags-got-face-lifts-604656.html
I would not do it as routine but as a last resort sure why not.

Last edited:

awesome story!! post before(if you have them)/after photos when your bag is dry!

I actually just washed a fabric Coach bag in the washer today, then tossed it in the dryer, came out AMAZING, it looks brand new!

I'm deciding on whether or not to throw my ocelot wristlet in too. I use it as a makeup bag, and the inside is filthy with eyeliner marks and stuff. But I'm worried about the 'glitter' coming off of it

BEFORE the washing machine experience for this Hampton's tote:
(Bought on ebay...not my dirt...gross!)
IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg