The One(ish) A Month Club

Chinese Warrior: Oh goodness! I'm tempted to keep accessories off of my "what counts" list... because then, I'd be doing awesome with the One(ish) a Month Club! :lolots: If I count all of my accessories, then I'm a total fail. Ack!!

kendal & Myrkur: Love your HL dresses!! Bright fun colors for summer!! :tup:

Evietiger: Wow! Your monthly summary amazes again!! Pics please!!!!!!

flower71: Love your chic casual style! :tup:

BagsNBaubles: How exciting! A vacation! And new Prada pumps in your future! And fun goodies! Yay!!

My hubby has been supporting me with the One(ish) a Month club... but he gave me an exception for April. So I'll fess up to two clutches! Woohoo!!!!!! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Here are my two clutches... :smile:

Pic: BV Satin Knot clutch (elephant) - Jimmy Choo Fiona sandal (gold) - Bird by Juicy Couture dress
BV Pairs - 2 - tpf.jpg

Pic: BV Clutch (gainsboro - oro) - Manolo Blahnik Storm (specchio gold)
BV Pairs - 4 - tpf.jpg

Okay, so I haven't visited this thread for a while, but I've definitely been keeping to the One A Month rule (more or less)! :biggrin: Last month, I "only" got a pair of suede Tory Burch booties and a classic T by Alexander Wang tank top, and for this month's buy, I snagged myself a reeeeeeally smooshy leather jacket at a sample sale. I'm so in love with it!! Especially since it retails at $1000, and I snapped it up for a mere $135. :graucho:

The jacket is from a brand called Denham, is beautifully constructed, and will be available with Denham's FW13 collection (based on what the sample sale people told me). :biggrin:

vmyf6p.jpg

2rgkkmw.jpg

Thank you! The pumps were my January purchase. :smile:

Sigh. I've been evaluating the whole one(ish) a month thing, too. It turns out that my weakness isn't clothes - it's shoes and bags.

On the one hand, it's great to belong to a group that supports quality over quantity and making careful shopping decisions. On the other hand, sometimes it's stressful when you're in the middle of making a decision about whether to buy something or not - weighing whether it's worth going over one item for the month - or whether letting it go is better.

I've discovered that I can live with 2 items a month, even though I'm always striving for zero. :P

Besides, I know I can do it. I need to stop rationalizing my exceptions and start from the beginning... appreciating what I already have. Easier said than done of course. But still, imho, it's worth it to stick with it. So... I'm going to keep trying!!

Love the gold pumps!

I'm afraid I may have to quit this club. The 1/month thing is not going well at all.

Last edited:

Pic: BV Satin Knot clutch (elephant) - Jimmy Choo Fiona sandal (gold) - Bird by Juicy Couture dress

Gorgeous!

Okay, so I haven't visited this thread for a while, but I've definitely been keeping to the One A Month rule (more or less)! :biggrin: Last month, I "only" got a pair of suede Tory Burch booties and a classic T by Alexander Wang tank top, and for this month's buy, I snagged myself a reeeeeeally smooshy leather jacket at a sample sale. I'm so in love with it!! Especially since it retails at $1000, and I snapped it up for a mere $135. :graucho:

The jacket is from a brand called Denham, is beautifully constructed, and will be available with Denham's FW13 collection (based on what the sample sale people told me). :biggrin:

Love the jacket & even better, what a bargain!

Love this on you, from the OOTD thread! Very cute !!! :tup:

vmyf6p.jpg

2rgkkmw.jpg

kendal & Myrkur: Love your HL dresses!! Bright fun colors for summer!! :tup:

:
Thank you! Just got it today (delayed a few days because I was a bonehead and shipped it to my old address) and I love it. It is also husband approved so i look forward to finally ripping off the crazy Herve Leger bum tag :smile:. It's definitely my sexiest dress, but I feel like I am following the club rules as (1) it fills a hole in my wardrobe and (2) I can afford it as I've drastically curbed my spending on impulse purchases.

I'm a little concerned that I've primarily bought dresses so far, so I'm refocusing my efforts in upcoming months towards accessories.

Thank you! The pumps were my January purchase. :smile:

Sigh. I've been evaluating the whole one(ish) a month thing, too. It turns out that my weakness isn't clothes - it's shoes and bags.

On the one hand, it's great to belong to a group that supports quality over quantity and making careful shopping decisions. On the other hand, sometimes it's stressful when you're in the middle of making a decision about whether to buy something or not - weighing whether it's worth going over one item for the month - or whether letting it go is better.

I've discovered that I can live with 2 items a month, even though I'm always striving for zero. :P

Besides, I know I can do it. I need to stop rationalizing my exceptions and start from the beginning... appreciating what I already have. Easier said than done of course. But still, imho, it's worth it to stick with it. So... I'm going to keep trying!!
You're my girl! I am also so glad I found this thread, it has helped me stay away from dangerous threads that have been very bad for my wallet.

It is also husband approved so i look forward to finally ripping off the crazy Herve Leger bum tag :smile:. It's definitely my sexiest dress, but I feel like I am following the club rules as (1) it fills a hole in my wardrobe and (2) I can afford it as I've drastically curbed my spending on impulse purchases.

I'm a little concerned that I've primarily bought dresses so far, so I'm refocusing my efforts in upcoming months towards accessories.
Love your HLeger super sexy dress. So right about accessorizing, great idea!

I'm afraid I may have to quit this club. The 1/month thing is not going well at all.
Jelly, I am not always at one a month but I just avoid impulse buying and this thread makes me think twice (or 3 times:P )before I hit the trigger. ..During the sales, that's going to be hard (but in France, it's in July so I still have a few months before rethinking my wishlist:biggrin:)

View attachment 2155523

View attachment 2155526
Those are awesome...esp the BV knot clutch, so chic! And I love your pairings:smile:

Thank you so much!!

Gorgeous!

Hehehe...

Awww...! THANK YOU! :hugs: Now you gon' make me blush. :blush:

Husband approved! Isn't that the best?! Although, I have yet to rip the bum tag from mine... Tell me how it goes, because I'm scared to do it. :P

Thank you! Just got it today (delayed a few days because I was a bonehead and shipped it to my old address) and I love it. It is also husband approved so i look forward to finally ripping off the crazy Herve Leger bum tag :smile:. It's definitely my sexiest dress, but I feel like I am following the club rules as (1) it fills a hole in my wardrobe and (2) I can afford it as I've drastically curbed my spending on impulse purchases.

Awww... :hugs: You made my day!! :ghi5:

And thank you very much for your compliment, too! :smile:

You're my girl! I am also so glad I found this thread, it has helped me stay away from dangerous threads that have been very bad for my wallet.

Those are awesome...esp the BV knot clutch, so chic! And I love your pairings:smile:

Yes I think I will try 5 lessons first, I found the oldest riding school in our country, the hall looks so beautiful. We used to have 5 horses of our own, but my dad eventually sold them, I never really rode on them when I was younger. My sister did though.

These are the CL I bought, I just don't know how to combine them, but I think very simple with just jeans and a white T because they already draw the attention and I don't like to overdo an outfit. They are more for nights out in summer.

loubi1.jpg

Great idea about booking the 5 lesson horseriding course to ease back into it. Can you post a link or photos for this great riding school? I may give it a go myself....;) btw great shoes, yes a simple outfit would look sublime...