The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
curved tweezers and the little magic tray. I'm debating on the wax stick.
I was practicing with regular tweezers. 5ss stones flying everywhere!! LOL. Falling In the peep toe crack. Good thing I have until July. As the bride said 150 days but who's counting......

R the syringes necessary for glue?

I use a wax stick. When the end gets a bit blunt i just rub it around the edges on a piece of paper so it's pointy enough to pick up the smaller crystals.

I use the wide end of an orange stick and smear small areas of glue on and work from that. This is so much quicker than using a syringe or toothpick. You can't really notice the glue marks because it dries clear unless you're holding the shoe to your nose. :smile:

hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :smile: the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well :rolleyes:

hope you enjoy :smile:

Awwwwwww I love these pics. You did a great job on the shoes too

hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :smile: the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well :rolleyes:

Congrats on your nuptials!! You CLs turned out amazing, as did the photos.

One more bc I just could NOT help myself. Lolololol
^I'm glad you can't help yourself because I can't get enough of that clutch!!! :heart:

^your photos are beautiful! looks like your dress was gorgeous & your rings are so lovely. hope you had a wonderful day.

Gorgeous! Great work VA!

They turned out beautifully! It's good to see you posting again-- congrats on your marriage!!

Gorgeous!!

img7959.JPG

Hello ladies, I need help and opinion from you wonderful ladies here.

I have observe the threads here and deciding to go ahead and strass my very prive which I hardly worn (wore it once!), my husband bought the pair thinking I would love it but I actually prefered the patent compared to the leather,hence I hardly them out!

After done a few research, I am thinking to get crystal katana tool to help my strassing job, I am a very clumsy person and worried about using tweezer! you know what I mean..:biggrin: I found the demo in youtube and I think it will make strassing job easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9XOn-7_FmHs

My questions is :

1. I am wondering what crystals colour would look nice with the nude leather?

2. May I know which crystals element should I get? 2028 or 2058? Im a bit confused with the difference.

3. I am thinking to get 5 different size of the crystal, do you ladies think its enough to cover the shoe?
ss5 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss7 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss9 - pack of 1440 x 1
ss 12 - pack of 100 x 5
ss 16 - pack of 100 x 4

Thanks ladies!!

Last edited:
img7959.JPG

Hello ladies, I need help and opinion from you wonderful ladies here.

I have observe the threads here and deciding to go ahead and strass my very prive which I hardly worn (wore it once!), my husband bought the pair thinking I would love it but I actually prefered the patent compared to the leather,hence I hardly them out!

After done a few research, I am thinking to get crystal katana tool to help my strassing job, I am a very clumsy person and worried about using tweezer! you know what I mean..:biggrin: I found the demo in youtube and I think it will make strassing job easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9XOn-7_FmHs

My questions is :

1. I am wondering what crystals colour would look nice with the nude leather?

2. May I know which crystals element should I get? 2028 or 2058? Im a bit confused with the difference.

3. I am thinking to get 5 different size of the crystal, do you ladies think its enough to cover the shoe?
ss5 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss7 - pack of 1440 x 2
ss9 - pack of 1440 x 1
ss 12 - pack of 100 x 5
ss 16 - pack of 100 x 4

Thanks ladies!!
Not sure why the photo is not showing.. its Very Prive in Nude leather

Status
Not open for further replies.