The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bougainvillier said:
10ss is not too big. I used 7ss and 9ss mainly. Some 12ss. 5ss is too small for outlining IMO

Thanks!!! Ill try the 10ss, Not much bigger than a 9ss.
I bought 20,16,12,10,7,5ss. Of course no 9ss. Lets see what happens. I was just placing them on the shoe. They r slippery little suckers!!! Waiting on my tools to come in........ So I can begin.

I'm nervous I don't want to mess this up.

Back to shoes, yes? :P

Just wanted to share a couple pics of a pair of Armadillo Brides I strassed in Volcano Swarovski rhinestones. I chose to use Volcano on these because I felt that the gold in the rhinestones would tie in well with the heel, sides and toe.

img7249r.jpg

img7281x.jpg
this IS Princess - Heaven ... I love them :smile:

Oh dear I just read through. There is no need for you to apologize hun. I was quite confused by mrl as well of accusing you of anything? She seems to be messing you and Loubiewoubie up? I am sure she didn't mean anything harmful. Indeed I feel Loubiewoubie is very rude and aggressive in the way she asks questions here in this thread. Ladies here are more than helpful but you need to be patient till someone knows the answer to visit the thread and answer you. Again nothing you did was wrong. In fact, it was something I would say to Loubiewoubie
Thank you :smile:

Thanks!!! Ill try the 10ss, Not much bigger than a 9ss.
I bought 20,16,12,10,7,5ss. Of course no 9ss. Lets see what happens. I was just placing them on the shoe. They r slippery little suckers!!! Waiting on my tools to come in........ So I can begin.

I'm nervous I don't want to mess this up.

Well 9ss or 10ss. Same thing :smile: I use the same sizes except 10ss to 9ss. What tools you getting?

You will be fine. Hope it's gonna be fun for you. Let us know if you have more questions

bougainvillier said:
Well 9ss or 10ss. Same thing :smile: I use the same sizes except 10ss to 9ss. What tools you getting?

You will be fine. Hope it's gonna be fun for you. Let us know if you have more questions

curved tweezers and the little magic tray. I'm debating on the wax stick.
I was practicing with regular tweezers. 5ss stones flying everywhere!! LOL. Falling In the peep toe crack. Good thing I have until July. As the bride said 150 days but who's counting......

R the syringes necessary for glue?

curved tweezers and the little magic tray. I'm debating on the wax stick.
I was practicing with regular tweezers. 5ss stones flying everywhere!! LOL. Falling In the peep toe crack. Good thing I have until July. As the bride said 150 days but who's counting......

R the syringes necessary for glue?

I am probably not the one to comment since I didn't use the syringes... But I don't think it's necessary since people use a little brush or even toothpick

bougainvillier said:
I am probably not the one to comment since I didn't use the syringes... But I don't think it's necessary since people use a little brush or even toothpick

My thinking. I just don't see how this is easier if its been done without n I hear the glue drys out so what's the point. Thank u for the reassurance. I remember a nail kit is a good item to buy but that was the 1st DIY if Im correct. Thank u!!!
I'm not done asking questions. I know once it time to start placing the rhinestones. I will have soooooo many more. Thank u so much for making me feel less anxiety about this. Even my DH looked at the 5ss an said that will take u forever u aren't scared. Thanks!!! I know once I start I will b fine. It's just that first few. Or the first shoe. I'm so HAPPY U GIRLS R HERE!!!! Xoxoxo

My thinking. I just don't see how this is easier if its been done without n I hear the glue drys out so what's the point. Thank u for the reassurance. I remember a nail kit is a good item to buy but that was the 1st DIY if Im correct. Thank u!!!
I'm not done asking questions. I know once it time to start placing the rhinestones. I will have soooooo many more. Thank u so much for making me feel less anxiety about this. Even my DH looked at the 5ss an said that will take u forever u aren't scared. Thanks!!! I know once I start I will b fine. It's just that first few. Or the first shoe. I'm so HAPPY U GIRLS R HERE!!!! Xoxoxo

No problem at all. I'm not all that experienced in strassing. Done 3 pairs so far. I was scared to death for the first and ladies here are just huge help. It was after all a fun experience and my dh said he is so proud of me seeing my result product. It'll worth it and you will be fine. Just post when you have doubt. Girls here are the best

hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :smile: the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well :rolleyes:

hope you enjoy :smile:

Attachments

• 12536_690629211892_172409754_n.jpg
    12536_690629211892_172409754_n.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 575
  • 315723_690629351612_993559603_n.jpg
    315723_690629351612_993559603_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 570
  • 421620_406215442796390_1052140551_n.jpg
    421620_406215442796390_1052140551_n.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 580
  • 374444_690637754772_1152035119_n.jpg
    374444_690637754772_1152035119_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 574
hi ladies, i just wanted to share four professional images of my wedding shoes that i strassed myself :smile: the shoes in the first image were my "back ups" -- they were half a size bigger and i switched to them for the reception for comfort reasons. it would have been better to listen to my instincts to order my customs in the size i thought rather than listening to the sales rep at the store, but oh well :rolleyes:

hope you enjoy :smile:

Sooooo beautiful! :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.