The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! :biggrin:

Ayobeckah, I tested the first marks to see how much leeway I'd have if I made a mistake - and nothing I could think of would remove the ink, so I haven't put a coating over the shoes. I think when Sharpie says 'permanent' they really mean it! :smile:

This is my first CL DIY!!

I bought a pair of Decolette Patent Pumps in a colour called 'camel jazz,' which turned out to be a really horrible colour on me (and frankly, most people I know!). The colour was unwearable but the shoe was exceptionally comfortable, so they wound up sitting around unworn for quite awhile. Finally, a few weeks ago, I decided to unleash my ballsy artist and attacked them with some red and black Sharpies. I know, total sacrilege, but these are now my absolute favourite shoes, so it all worked out!

Those are amazing!!! Incredibly creative what you did with a few simple sharpies...amazing! Congratulations on a wicked cool pair of CLs.

I started AND finished these Lady Lynch today. I am TIRED, but these and my pigalle clutch are literally two of my most prized masterpieces thus far. I am so proud of myself for the craftsmanship on these, and that I was able to finish the pair in one day AND be a mom. lol.

Originally nude, painted silver glitter and strassed in gold rim/clear Swarovski 2039 Crystals. IN LOVE!

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

WOW, very cool. I would never have a set of balls to do something like that. LOL. Kudos to you girl:cool::cool::cool:

I bought a pair of Decolette Patent Pumps in a colour called 'camel jazz,' which turned out to be a really horrible colour on me (and frankly, most people I know!). The colour was unwearable but the shoe was exceptionally comfortable, so they wound up sitting around unworn for quite awhile. Finally, a few weeks ago, I decided to unleash my ballsy artist and attacked them with some red and black Sharpies. I know, total sacrilege, but these are now my absolute favourite shoes, so it all worked out!

I started AND finished these Lady Lynch today. I am TIRED, but these and my pigalle clutch are literally two of my most prized masterpieces thus far. I am so proud of myself for the craftsmanship on these, and that I was able to finish the pair in one day AND be a mom. lol.

Originally nude, painted silver glitter and strassed in gold rim/clear Swarovski 2039 Crystals. IN LOVE!

They look amazing !

OMG! Just fantastic, they are so creative and unique!!!

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

I JUST DIED!!!! They look beyond amazing!!!! :faint:

Ladies, I have a question. Has anyone ever done clear Crystal Swarovski on an ivory base before? The pics I've seen so far are of clear Crystal on Silver base.

I think I've found my dream wedding dress, and it's a pale ivory shade. I'm worried that Crystal on Silver might have too much of a blue tone and was wondering if Crystal would work on an Opalescent White base.. to give it more of a creamy, silvery look..? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

One day?!? O-M-G!! You are amazing! The shoes are beyond beautiful!! Your work is phenomenal. :urock:

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

Wait. Hold the phone. ONE DAY?!?!? You're crazy. That is super impressive :smile:

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

Amazing!

DSC_0004_new.jpg

CSC_0011_new.jpg

DSC_0030_new.jpg

DSC_0032_new.jpg

DSC_0034_new.jpg

One day is crazy!!! I can't believe how much of an amazing job you've done. Also, I never liked ring strass but these look incredibleeeee :biggrin:

Oh. My. God!!!
These are wicked!
I actually agree with youssefm in that I've never really liked ring strass when msr. Louboutin did it (not sparkly enough, and just looks...off) but man are these stunning!!
I think it must be how close you place the crystals. I'm so impressed! They look amazing.
And one day? You are a super star!!

Also, I have a question, from a total newbie to a professional.. When you strass patent shoes, do you strip the patent to make the crystals hold better? I'm contemplating a DIY on patent Bianca's, but patent scares me..

Oh. My. God!!!
These are wicked!
I actually agree with youssefm in that I've never really liked ring strass when msr. Louboutin did it (not sparkly enough, and just looks...off) but man are these stunning!!
I think it must be how close you place the crystals. I'm so impressed! They look amazing.
And one day? You are a super star!!

Also, I have a question, from a total newbie to a professional.. When you strass patent shoes, do you strip the patent to make the crystals hold better? I'm contemplating a DIY on patent Bianca's, but patent scares me..

Thank you! If I'm painting them I always strip them. If not, it's not as risky. When you paint and don't strip, the paint comes off (and the crystals right along with it) in CHUNKS. With such an investment in both time and money, always strip patent if you're painting them. Hth

Thank you all so very, very much. Yes, these turned out spectacularly. And to be honest, both shoes were probably about a 7 hour project (glittering strassing etc). I still had time to shop, drop off/pick up the kiddo, cook and read bedtime stories tonight. Damn I'm tired now. Lol goodnight all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.