The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small FYI.

I found Lumiere paint on clearance at a Jo-Ann's out here in SoCal. It was $2.26 a bottle!! (I bought some, couldn't resist!!!)

I don't know if it was a fluke or what. Just thought I would share!

I recently strassed my Brian Atwood's with Heliotrope. It's the purple color.

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg

Im falling in love with ur work! May I ask what color crystals did u use?

Since we're on the topic of strassing clutches, I strassed two clutches recently. First a gray satin Dolce & Gabbana clutch that I painted light pearlescent pink, and strassed in Crystal AB. Also, a black Miu Miu clutch with gold hardware, that I painted completely gold and strassed in Jonquil AB (to match my Jonquil AB Lady Peeps). Anyway, the purpose of me posting these is to show that you don't have to strass a clutch with all one size (think Judith Leiber). I used all 6 sizes that I would typically use on a pair of shoes, and I actually like this look better. I plan to strass more clutches in the future now that I know that the end result is exactly what I envisioned.

*Both of these took about 40 hours to complete. The D&G was much bigger than the Miu Miu, and it was a soft clutch so it was harder to handle than the Miu Mui (which was a hard box clutch).
DG2.jpg

DG3.jpg

miumiu.jpg

miumiu3.jpg

sideways2.jpg
comparison3.jpg
comparison2.jpg

absolutely breathtaking !! They are so beautiful ... I hope you have a lot of possibilities to use them ... I love the D&G :love: ....

I did a sunglass-case colored purple and strassed in Preciosa Crystals AB ... I tryed to lay a pattern and I do love mine too :biggrin: ... it really sparkles but I seem not to be able to photograph it, don´t know what I´m doing wrong ... maybe someone has an idea to that.

Attachments

• webIMG_0123.jpg
    webIMG_0123.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 416
absolutely breathtaking !! They are so beautiful ... I hope you have a lot of possibilities to use them ... I love the D&G :love: ....

I did a sunglass-case colored purple and strassed in Preciosa Crystals AB ... I tryed to lay a pattern and I do love mine too :biggrin: ... it really sparkles but I seem not to be able to photograph it, don´t know what I´m doing wrong ... maybe someone has an idea to that.

i love the pattern!!!

Oooohhhhh, that IS pretty! I know strassing takes patience, but I DEFINITELY don't have the patience to do something like that. Unless it was penciled in, or traceable in some way, I would certainly screw it up. That is not my forte. lol :P

But you did an amazing job!:biggrin:

No, the surface will be super smooth, no "angles". LOL Just paint within the lines. Not over the heel counter/heel etc in one stroke. Take each section at a time and you will have a smooth canvas.

I personally prefer volcano over a magenta/purple mix base. Like a bright purple. That gives off the best result, IMO, but we all like different things.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Oakenfoldgodess - I have another question here about dye on satin.. it seems Tarrago works on satin? How about transforming dark brown or even black satin into lighter color, say gold/silver etc? Or is there any other product can work better on this? :biggrin: thanks!

bougainvillier said:
Hi Oakenfoldgodess - I have another question here about dye on satin.. it seems Tarrago works on satin? How about transforming dark brown or even black satin into lighter color, say gold/silver etc? Or is there any other product can work better on this? :biggrin: thanks!

I think tarrago is ok. Just ok. I think it's very thin and much more work than Lumiere, or other similarr brands. To take dark to light I recommend Lumiere. You'll need a couple coats but lumierevworks really well on satin. Hth

Wow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.