The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally completed my first DIY strass project!!! I'm in love and cannot wait to wear them out! :love eyes:

Presenting my You You 100mm painted a oyster/champagnish color. (You can see the toe area for the color) and strassed in Greige Swarovski crystals.

Used 5ss,9ss,12ss,16ss and 20ss crystals. Probably went through about 40 gross in crystals total (about 5,500 crystals).

Of course as with most the camera just does not capture the sparkle. The crystals look flat and dull in the pics, but they have a nice shine and brilliance to them.

Oops, sorry about 2 being upside down. Not sure how to fix. :-s

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 415
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 418
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 414
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 409
I finally completed my first DIY strass project!!! I'm in love and cannot wait to wear them out! :love eyes:

Presenting my You You 100mm painted a oyster/champagnish color. (You can see the toe area for the color) and strassed in Greige Swarovski crystals.

Used 5ss,9ss,12ss,16ss and 20ss crystals. Probably went through about 40 gross in crystals total (about 5,500 crystals).

Of course as with most the camera just does not capture the sparkle. The crystals look flat and dull in the pics, but they have a nice shine and brilliance to them.

they look awesome!!
btw, 40gross?! :shocked: oh geez.. i ordered crystals and now im thinking "im gonna need a lot more!" lol

crodrigue said:
I am planning on strassing a louboutin clutch I have - its similar to yours with the hard case and gold around the opening. how many crystals did you use? I am planning on using 6 sizes also

I have no idea. I buy in 10 gross packets and use these two colors often so it's just a big mixture of all the sizes.

Gorgeous!! I love them! Yeah, I'm not at all surprised by 40 gross. I think I used 7000+ crystals in total for my LP slings.

Thanks. Granted, I did use a lot more 5ss than anything else because I wanted that double outline look that I've seen on the true CL strass. Out of the 40 gross, I think about 25 gross where in 5ss only.

oh wow.. I'll definitely be ordering more crystals.. LOL. Im not strassing Cls since it's gonna be my first pair and I didn't want to risk ruining a pair of CLs so I found a pair of steve madden shoes I no longer wear. :smile:

Absolutely.. I even moved from Ga to Pa and they stayed on through the move..
welcome to PA!!! are u near Philly?

oh wow.. I'll definitely be ordering more crystals.. LOL. Im not strassing Cls since it's gonna be my first pair and I didn't want to risk ruining a pair of CLs so I found a pair of steve madden shoes I no longer wear. :smile:

welcome to PA!!! are u near Philly?
Im on the other side in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.