The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go. They were pale pink suede with a ribbon trim. The suede was just TOO dirty to salvage. I was buying paint for my CL project and though, hmm, glitter paint, it's $3, these shoes are already trashed, why not?

I haven't worn then yet, but I do like them! The bows were $4 (for both) at Hobby Lobby.

I like the paint. I think I did 6 or 7 coats? And the glitter doesn't flake off. I have several pairs of glitter Miu Miu, and the glitter flakes off. :sad:
^wow...they're fantastic! glitter paint? I may have to try that.

Since we're on the topic of strassing clutches, I strassed two clutches recently. First a gray satin Dolce & Gabbana clutch that I painted light pearlescent pink, and strassed in Crystal AB. Also, a black Miu Miu clutch with gold hardware, that I painted completely gold and strassed in Jonquil AB (to match my Jonquil AB Lady Peeps). Anyway, the purpose of me posting these is to show that you don't have to strass a clutch with all one size (think Judith Leiber). I used all 6 sizes that I would typically use on a pair of shoes, and I actually like this look better. I plan to strass more clutches in the future now that I know that the end result is exactly what I envisioned.

*Both of these took about 40 hours to complete. The D&G was much bigger than the Miu Miu, and it was a soft clutch so it was harder to handle than the Miu Mui (which was a hard box clutch).
^STUNNING!!!!! so much better looking than what I've seen in RTW.

oakenfoldgodess said:
since we're on the topic of strassing clutches, i strassed two clutches recently. First a gray satin dolce & gabbana clutch that i painted light pearlescent pink, and strassed in crystal ab. Also, a black miu miu clutch with gold hardware, that i painted completely gold and strassed in jonquil ab (to match my jonquil ab lady peeps). Anyway, the purpose of me posting these is to show that you don't have to strass a clutch with all one size (think judith leiber). I used all 6 sizes that i would typically use on a pair of shoes, and i actually like this look better. I plan to strass more clutches in the future now that i know that the end result is exactly what i envisioned.

*both of these took about 40 hours to complete. The d&g was much bigger than the miu miu, and it was a soft clutch so it was harder to handle than the miu mui (which was a hard box clutch).

gorgeous!!!

Hi ! Sorry in advance it this question have been already asked but could you advice me the best color base of an AB(Aurore Boreal) crystal projet? I am considering dying my kid leather shoes with Lumiere paint so what color would you advice me? Thank you in advance!:flowers:

Hi ! Sorry in advance it this question have been already asked but could you advice me the best color base of an AB(Aurore Boreal) crystal projet? I am considering dying my kid leather shoes with Lumiere paint so what color would you advice me? Thank you in advance!:flowers:
Hi, there are so many AB colors - I guess you want to strass crystal ab ? If so, you have so many options. Like ivory, champagne, cream ... and in addition all colors the stone shows like softpink etc. If you strass tight i will only show between stones and at the edges, if you like to space your chrystals out you enhance the color of the stone you like the most ... but I would always keep it in a light and softed color. And a great tip from oakenfoldgodess is: Mix colors like gold or silver with champagne or cream an a little pink to find your perfect match. I think this is great and I´m going to try that too. Hope that helps a little.

Hi, there are so many AB colors - I guess you want to strass crystal ab ? If so, you have so many options. Like ivory, champagne, cream ... and in addition all colors the stone shows like softpink etc. If you strass tight i will only show between stones and at the edges, if you like to space your chrystals out you enhance the color of the stone you like the most ... but I would always keep it in a light and softed color. And a great tip from oakenfoldgodess is: Mix colors like gold or silver with champagne or cream an a little pink to find your perfect match. I think this is great and I´m going to try that too. Hope that helps a little.

Yes It is the AB(aurore boreale) and thank you so much for your informative and fast response!:smooch:

I finally have my 2nd pair to contribute!!!

May I present...

My creation of a spiked VP :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN2700.JPG
    DSCN2700.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCN2701.JPG
    DSCN2701.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN2702.JPG
    DSCN2702.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 415
  • DSCN2703.JPG
    DSCN2703.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCN2704.JPG
    DSCN2704.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 414
Since we're on the topic of strassing clutches, I strassed two clutches recently. First a gray satin Dolce & Gabbana clutch that I painted light pearlescent pink, and strassed in Crystal AB. Also, a black Miu Miu clutch with gold hardware, that I painted completely gold and strassed in Jonquil AB (to match my Jonquil AB Lady Peeps). Anyway, the purpose of me posting these is to show that you don't have to strass a clutch with all one size (think Judith Leiber). I used all 6 sizes that I would typically use on a pair of shoes, and I actually like this look better. I plan to strass more clutches in the future now that I know that the end result is exactly what I envisioned.

*Both of these took about 40 hours to complete. The D&G was much bigger than the Miu Miu, and it was a soft clutch so it was harder to handle than the Miu Mui (which was a hard box clutch).
DG2.jpg

DG3.jpg

miumiu.jpg

miumiu3.jpg

sideways2.jpg
comparison3.jpg
comparison2.jpg

I am planning on strassing a louboutin clutch I have - its similar to yours with the hard case and gold around the opening. how many crystals did you use? I am planning on using 6 sizes also

I just had to throw in my two cents on the changing dark satin. In my experience it is basically impossible. If you search the web it seems to be the general consensus as well. The black will absorb the paint even after repeated coats and never look remotely close to the color you are trying to achieve. I learned my lesson with a pair of yoyo zeppas and tried Meltonians, Lumiere, Tarrago, puffy paint and screenprinting ink (all designed to cover a dark base). Sorry to chime in but I didn't want you to risk ruining your shoes.

Hi Oakenfoldgodess - I have another question here about dye on satin.. it seems Tarrago works on satin? How about transforming dark brown or even black satin into lighter color, say gold/silver etc? Or is there any other product can work better on this? :biggrin: thanks!

DG2.jpg

DG3.jpg

miumiu.jpg

miumiu3.jpg

sideways2.jpg
comparison3.jpg
comparison2.jpg

Seriously, my jaw dropped to the floor--and it's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.