~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

I returned the 17C caviar boy with GHW. The caviar is so dry and dull, very very matte, which I don't like. I also saw the 17P caviar boy. It's very very very shiny. My SA said that it's made of lambskin with caviar finish. I don't like this shiny caviar either, cause it feels and looks like plastic to me. I prefer the caviar leather of classic flap bag.

Hi,

Just wondering what's the previous collection of Black Caviar Boy RHW called? Is it a soft sheen or hard matte caviar? As I believe no black caviar boy rhw this season.

I've noticed that on some bags, including the brand new ones in the store, have a crooked CC embossing on the lock. Is this normal? I was looking at a chevron boy in store, and it gave me pause as to whether not I should purchase it in case it's a defect.

Has anyone seen the new season all black caviar boy below? Black caviar with black hardware? What are your thoughts? Like it or not?
View attachment 3615488
I actually gasped when I first saw a pic of this bag! Such a beautiful looking boy! But the last thing I need is ANOTHER black bag in my collection. LOL Also, a couple of my concerns are the issues some owner's of 17P caviar are having with chipping (not sure if this would have the same issues) and issues with the black hardware chipping. I may kick myself for passing on it if these turn out not to be valid concerns though.

Reactions: lindamirella
What do you mean by caviar leather chipping? Prone to scratches and wear?
If the black hardware is prone to chipping, that's too bad! Cause from the look of the picture, it is so stunning!

I actually gasped when I first saw a pic of this bag! Such a beautiful looking boy! But the last thing I need is ANOTHER black bag in my collection. LOL Also, a couple of my concerns are the issues some owner's of 17P caviar are having with chipping (not sure if this would have the same issues) and issues with the black hardware chipping. I may kick myself for passing on it if these turn out not to be valid concerns though.

Has anyone seen the new season all black caviar boy below? Black caviar with black hardware? What are your thoughts? Like it or not?
View attachment 3615488

Isn't it gorgeous?? When I saw pics earlier today I was thinking Wow that's a beauty. When I first started shopping for chanel I almost bought the So black chevron and was advised against it by a friend because hers had chipping on the black hardware. I don't know if this will have the same issue, but I don't see how it could not. I hope to hear positive reviews that this isn't the case though because this is truly a beautiful bag :smile: