~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Question...is there a difference between "Boy" and "Le Boy"? I always think of LE as "limited edition" but when I see it used here, I don't feel like that's what's meant. I don't see "Le Boy" anywhere on Chanel's site. What am I missing? Thank you!

nope, it‘s the same. „le“ means just „the“ in french
Thank you, I figured it was that simple, but I've never seen Chanel itself use "Le Boy" so I couldn't figure out if I was missing something. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

May I ask another question while we're all here? :smile: I'm confused about sizes. I see that Chanel currently has a Small Boy, a Boy, and a Large Boy on the website. But on the secondhand market, I see references to Small, Old Medium, New Medium, and Large. The New Mediums for sale, say on Fashionphile, have the same measurements as the Large Boy that's currently on the Chanel site. Has the sizing changed within the last few years?

Thank you, I figured it was that simple, but I've never seen Chanel itself use "Le Boy" so I couldn't figure out if I was missing something. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

May I ask another question while we're all here? :smile: I'm confused about sizes. I see that Chanel currently has a Small Boy, a Boy, and a Large Boy on the website. But on the secondhand market, I see references to Small, Old Medium, New Medium, and Large. The New Mediums for sale, say on Fashionphile, have the same measurements as the Large Boy that's currently on the Chanel site. Has the sizing changed within the last few years?
they actually did change the name of the sizes; but I don’t remember when ;)
a couple of years ago…… sorry - no help!
I wish you happy easter!

• Wow
Reactions: Caspin22
Question...is there a difference between "Boy" and "Le Boy"? I always think of LE as "limited edition" but when I see it used here, I don't feel like that's what's meant. I don't see "Le Boy" anywhere on Chanel's site. What am I missing? Thank you!
I never get why some insist in saying Le Boy. It’s like in NFL when the football players say The University of —-. 😂

Reactions: Caspin22
Hi! Help me decide which small boy in blue! I’m thinking of selling my blue old medium Boy in lamb skin because it’s a bit big on me and getting one of these instead.

I thought about black but I already have a classic black medium flap.

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: ButchChanel
Hi! Help me decide which small boy in blue! I’m thinking of selling my blue old medium Boy in lamb skin because it’s a bit big on me and getting one of these instead.

I like the chevron blue better. But have you seen and tried out a small in person. They are very small for everyday, great size for special occasion.

I have not, but the old medium is just too bulky for me (I’m 5’0”). I’ve been using my lululemon everywhere belt bag so I figured it’ll be similar to that.
It’s about the size of that. I get what you are saying about the bulk, I am 5’2” and the small boy looks very cute on. But I can only carry LV cles and phone, maybe shove an aviator sunglasses, plastic frames would not fit.

Both of them are absolutely gorgeous! I think I personally might prefer chevron one just a tad more just because I already have a few classic quilt flap bags in my collection. You honestly cannot go wrong with either one of those.