Spend threshold for B/K/C

I brought up my next QB as I was buying my last QB. It just depends on how the conversation flows and your vibe with your SA.
I said some thing along the lines of: enough of crazy colors for me (the bag was bright), I want them mousiest gray next time.
We laughed about it and the SA has repeated it since that she remembers my request.
We then proceeded to have a very long conversation about what bags arrive to my home store and how they are allocated. It was the first time my SA was frank about it
Same here :smile:

Reactions: OnlyModa
Question: Does pre-spend vary by leather and color?

Here's some details: As a minimalist and a male client, I only want 1 Birkin bag. I was debating between B35 versus B40 over time, and ended up with B35 in terms of size. I am very, very flexible in terms of color and leather as long as it is (1) palladium hardware and (2) not etoupe or vert de gris since I have Kelly bags in these colors. I explicitly told my SA that I am very flexible with leather types (e.g., epsom, togo, or the likes) and colors (i.e., black or any neutral colors, except: etoupe or any of green or blue fields).

Surprisingly, my SA is very specific about my next bag to be: Black Box Birkin 35 w/ palladium hardware. I am now curious if pre-spend differs by leather (i.e., should I expect to spend more if it is Box and not togo/epsom, etc.?) and color. Does anyone know this?

Another question (raised as I write this up): If my SA is so specific about the next bag, does this imply that my bag will be a podium order given the size that is not highly sought after? Or, does it just mean that I may have to wait a bit longer than usual (since it is that specific)?

Thanks in advance!

• Wow
Reactions: NancyTee
Question: Does pre-spend vary by leather and color?

Here's some details: As a minimalist and a male client, I only want 1 Birkin bag. I was debating between B35 versus B40 over time, and ended up with B35 in terms of size. I am very, very flexible in terms of color and leather as long as it is (1) palladium hardware and (2) not etoupe or vert de gris since I have Kelly bags in these colors. I explicitly told my SA that I am very flexible with leather types (e.g., epsom, togo, or the likes) and colors (i.e., black or any neutral colors, except: etoupe or any of green or blue fields).

Surprisingly, my SA is very specific about my next bag to be: Black Box Birkin 35 w/ palladium hardware. I am now curious if pre-spend differs by leather (i.e., should I expect to spend more if it is Box and not togo/epsom, etc.?) and color. Does anyone know this?

Another question (raised as I write this up): If my SA is so specific about the next bag, does this imply that my bag will be a podium order given the size that is not highly sought after? Or, does it just mean that I may have to wait a bit longer than usual (since it is that specific)?

Thanks in advance!
Its very strange that your SA is so specific about this item. I wonder if its because that is a very difficult bag to sell and she knows she has an allotment for one coming up? I really can't think of any other reason why an SA would pigeon hole THAT exact combination to a client who is telling her they are widely open on specs. Did you ever mention a preference for box leather??

Its very strange that your SA is so specific about this item. I wonder if its because that is a very difficult bag to sell and she knows she has an allotment for one coming up? I really can't think of any other reason why an SA would pigeon hole THAT exact combination to a client who is telling her they are widely open on specs. Did you ever mention a preference for box leather??
Thank you for your insight. That's why I was surprised a bit; the general advice here was not to be "too specific," but have some flexibility about the specs. But, my SA was so specific... lol

And, the answer is no, I have not even thought of the box leather in particular. (I didn't even know this leather very well until she mentioned it in March. [I am most familiar with togo, epsom, and swift until then....] I then learned lots of pros and cons about the Box leather...)

My SA has invited me to a Herbag event happening at my store. I'm currently working towards a QB. I'd say I'm at 15k prespend not considering SLGs. Will participating (and buying) in the event set me back? My store is pretty competitive so I'm not sure if I should get a Herbag now and lose my prespend.
Get the Herbag if you want it. They get extra credit for getting clients to participate in these selling events so it’s actually a win win.

I got a C18 offer with a little under 5k prespend. Going to pick it up soon and am very excited , it’s epsom. I previously was offered a c24 and declined . Will my pre spend reset after this purchase ? Should I decline it and spend more in hopes of a B or K? I feel like my prespend was pretty low according to my internet research lol and am grateful

I got a C18 offer with a little under 5k prespend. Going to pick it up soon and am very excited , it’s epsom. I previously was offered a c24 and declined . Will my pre spend reset after this purchase ? Should I decline it and spend more in hopes of a B or K? I feel like my prespend was pretty low according to my internet research lol and am grateful
If you’ve already accepted and want the bag you should not decline it at this point. Yes, it is likely to reset your prespend, especially if it was low to begin with. IMO this bag was offered because they knew you would not be competitive for a quota bag any time soon but want to keep you shopping with them (and SAs get commission on Constances so they’re still getting a benefit). We’ve also sometimes seen first offers at low spends that then get drawn out for the next offer to “average out” the prespend over both bags. It could be what’s happening here, only time will tell.

Last edited:
If you’ve already accepted and want the bag you should not decline it at this point. Yes, it is likely to reset your prespend, especially if it was low to begin with. IMO this bag was offered because they knew you would not be competitive for a quota bag any time soon but want to keep you shopping with them (and SAs get commission on Constances so they’re still getting a benefit). We’ve also sometimes seen first offers at low spends that then get drawn out for the next offer to “average out” the prespend over both bags. It could be what’s happening here, only time will tell.
Thank you ! I accepted and am over the moon !

Does anyone know if purchases I made the same day as my bag offer count towards prespend for the next bag ? Or will it be counted for the c18? My SA rang up a pair of shoes with the bag, and the other item she rang up separately since it had to be ordered. Just trying to do some prespend math!

Hi everyone! I would love some advice,
My old sales associate retired last year in September. I was then assigned a new sa. I have been working with him exclusively since then. During this time , I told him I would love a croc pouchette or a b25 lizard or b25 ostrich.

With my previous sales associate, what I have spent so far would have procured two normal leather quota bags or a bag and a special order. don’t harass him at all for bags, finally today after 8 months we were passing by and my husband said let’s go in and say hi.

We go in and he asks if I was interested in anything, they didn’t have my size so I said I’ll text him a few rtw items later.

I asked him if we could go over my wishlist, he said he has a k28 in Togo leather and a birkin 25 ostrich - I was mind blown as i have mentioned repeatedly I want a croc pouchette or exotic birkin or Kelly and have spent accordingly in my opinion.

I can’t believe I have spent what I have and he has never even offered me a bag….he thinks I want a regular leather and I’m thinking I’m about to be offered a croc bag finally.

My husband then says we leave for summer in 3 weeks and a new bag would be perfect.
We leave making a wishlist of croc pouchette , Kelly 25 and b25 croc /alligator.

He told us before we leave we will have a bag. I’m so mad at myself for not mentioning a bag more often, but I never had to before…with this new sa, I’m sure I’ve mentioned my wishlist more than a few times.

Do I go in and keep buying and then mention my wishlist?
Do I just communicate via text? I’m so confused at our mixed communication

• Sad
Reactions: highend
Thank you ! I accepted and am over the moon !

Does anyone know if purchases I made the same day as my bag offer count towards prespend for the next bag ? Or will it be counted for the c18? My SA rang up a pair of shoes with the bag, and the other item she rang up separately since it had to be ordered. Just trying to do some prespend math!
From what others have posted previously, anything purchased after q
A quota bag has been rung up (separate transaction) would could toward new prespend. C18 is not a quota bag in the location that I shop at, so the order in which items were rang should not matter and all would count toward prespend.

• Insightful
Reactions: DivyaOP and highend