Spend threshold for B/K/C

Agree with @Bdbunny regarding the CTG. One of the SAs at Sevres suggested that I come earlier in the day as my chances would be higher in terms of availability. It's not a guarantee of a delivery but couldn't hurt to try - and I did end up walking away with one.
I also recall that neither Sevres nor George V require an appointment for it, but FSH does.
Thank you very much. Please excuse me, I'm undergoing cancer treatment and my mind is sometimes very foggy and dizzy. I might be in the store for the opening. And you're suggesting that I should first make my purchases and establish a connection with an SA, right? Then maybe request an appointment or directly ask for the bag and SLG I want, which may not have a waiting list?

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't seem to find the info. How long after one receives a QB does the pre-spend begin for the next QB? And, the limit for QB'a per calender year is 2, correct? One every 6 months? TIA.
I am in the US. Your prespend resets after you pay for qb - from my readings here. The limit on qb is 2 per year (there are always exceptions for vip, vvip, SO coming in snd H making exception if you already had 2 qb that year). I have been offered a quota bag one or two weeks after a qb purchase. I know this is contrary to the prespend suggestions, which is why I don’t believe there are set rules.

There are some guidelines but no hard or fast rules. From my experience if you are a regular customer, prespend doesn’t control an offer but instead offers are made to regular customers, who consistently purchase items, relationship with SA, your qb preferences (if it comes in), and if you haven’t been offered a qb in a while and/or have not accepted a non qb for some time). Best of luck. 🍀

I am in the US. Your prespend resets after you pay for qb - from my readings here. The limit on qb is 2 per year (there are always exceptions for vip, vvip, SO coming in snd H making exception if you already had 2 qb that year). I have been offered a quota bag one or two weeks after a qb purchase. I know this is contrary to the prespend suggestions, which is why I don’t believe there are set rules.

There are some guidelines but no hard or fast rules. From my experience if you are a regular customer, prespend doesn’t control an offer but instead offers are made to regular customers, who consistently purchase items, relationship with SA, your qb preferences (if it comes in), and if you haven’t been offered a qb in a while and/or have not accepted a non qb for some time). Best of luck. 🍀
Thank you so much for your input. Very helpful and informative ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Mrs.Hermess
Thank you very much. Please excuse me, I'm undergoing cancer treatment and my mind is sometimes very foggy and dizzy. I might be in the store for the opening. And you're suggesting that I should first make my purchases and establish a connection with an SA, right? Then maybe request an appointment or directly ask for the bag and SLG I want, which may not have a waiting list?
Apologies - didn't mean to make it confusing.
I honestly don't know if prespend is actually necessary but in my experience, I asked about the CTG before I made any purchases at that location. I visited the Sevres location twice:

1st time: I went to look at the space (it's really beautiful) and to mainly check out the cafe and bookstore they had there. I did head downstairs to where the appointment desk was and asked about the CTG and was advised to try tomorrow and earlier in the day. They confirmed that I didn't need an appointment. (My impression is that if they were to get any deliveries for items, it'd be earlier in the day rather than later.)

2nd time: At the desk they assigned me an SA and I indicated to him that I wanted a CTG, specifically. Fortunately, they had one left (or so they told me) and it was in one of my color preferences. I did end up purchasing some other items afterwards - but I did not get any sense of pressure from the SA that I needed to.

So at least for the CTG - I really don't think there's a need to purchase ahead of time/connect with an SA; if they have it, they will show it to you. I would just ask directly at the desk.
At George V they actually showed me 3-4 options (including one Kelly To Go), and I just walked up to the SLG section (no appointment needed).
There is no waiting list for the SLGs.

I hope that helps! And I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer treatment; I know that it can be extremely difficult and exhausting. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers, and much luck while in Paris. :hugs:

Apologies - didn't mean to make it confusing.
I honestly don't know if prespend is actually necessary but in my experience, I asked about the CTG before I made any purchases at that location. I visited the Sevres location twice:

1st time: I went to look at the space (it's really beautiful) and to mainly check out the cafe and bookstore they had there. I did head downstairs to where the appointment desk was and asked about the CTG and was advised to try tomorrow and earlier in the day. They confirmed that I didn't need an appointment. (My impression is that if they were to get any deliveries for items, it'd be earlier in the day rather than later.)

2nd time: At the desk they assigned me an SA and I indicated to him that I wanted a CTG, specifically. Fortunately, they had one left (or so they told me) and it was in one of my color preferences. I did end up purchasing some other items afterwards - but I did not get any sense of pressure from the SA that I needed to.

So at least for the CTG - I really don't think there's a need to purchase ahead of time/connect with an SA; if they have it, they will show it to you. I would just ask directly at the desk.
At George V they actually showed me 3-4 options (including one Kelly To Go), and I just walked up to the SLG section (no appointment needed).
There is no waiting list for the SLGs.

I hope that helps! And I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer treatment; I know that it can be extremely difficult and exhausting. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers, and much luck while in Paris. :hugs:
my first Hermes rejection in history also took place at Sevres. :biggrin: The store is incredibly beautiful, and I especially love its cafe.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I'm very happy to hear that no queue or appointment is needed for CTG. :love:

Reactions: xceleritas
Thank you all for helping me to figure this out. I am in PA. I do think I need to slow down to be realistic. RTW is very tempted but one can't get too many for one season! Be patient and only get items we really love is the key to keep on this journey happily.
After two more months waiting and some more spending, I just got a B25 for Mother’s Day!

Last edited:

Out of curiosity: Nowadays, does pre-spend reset at the home store after a QB at FSH? I've seen contrasting information on different threads...

Out of curiosity: Nowadays, does pre-spend reset at the home store after a QB at FSH? I've seen contrasting information on different threads...
I do not know the answer to that. I am confident much more knowledgeable members will chime in.
From my personal experience when I purchased at FSH, I do not think I reset as I was offered a qb at my local store a month or so after my purchase (but as I do not keep track I don’t know if it’s bc I spent a lot during the time or not)
I may have posted this somewhere already, but once you add a “regular” client prespend is not really relevant. If you are a regular, offers will come irrespective of spending ratio.

I don’t know the answer but if the home store and FSH are not communicating with each other and the profiles aren’t linked, how could the prespend reset?
Hbr, I read somewhere that originally profiles weren’t linked globally, then that there was a plan to link them, but the current status of that linking isn’t clear.

I do not know the answer to that. I am confident much more knowledgeable members will chime in.
From my personal experience when I purchased at FSH, I do not think I reset as I was offered a qb at my local store a month or so after my purchase (but as I do not keep track I don’t know if it’s bc I spent a lot during the time or not)
I may have posted this somewhere already, but once you add a “regular” client prespend is not really relevant. If you are a regular, offers will come irrespective of spending ratio.
Mrs. Hermess, absolutely 💯 on thr “regular” client point… VIPs tend to get much more leeway!

• Love
Reactions: Mrs.Hermess and hbr
Ostrich QB question. I started shopping at a new boutique last year. Before that only minimal online purchases on my account. Wonderful SA and after about 6 months with a 2:1 prespend with shoes, home, men’s, and a few pieces of fashion jewelry, I was offered and accepted a B30 Togo in gold/ghw. I’m in no rush for my second QB, however, I am a planner/saver. I’d like to get an orange ostrich Birkin next. Do the ostrich Birkins typically require a higher prespend/longer wait time? I’m not going to mention it to my SA until the end of the year. For reference, I am not a high spender but I am in the store 2x/month and typically spend about $2,500/month. The store director and manager know me by name, as well as many of the other SAs. Thank you for any input! I tried to find info on this forum but didn’t see much about ostrich skins that is recent.

Reactions: OnlyModa
Ostrich QB question. I started shopping at a new boutique last year. Before that only minimal online purchases on my account. Wonderful SA and after about 6 months with a 2:1 prespend with shoes, home, men’s, and a few pieces of fashion jewelry, I was offered and accepted a B30 Togo in gold/ghw. I’m in no rush for my second QB, however, I am a planner/saver. I’d like to get an orange ostrich Birkin next. Do the ostrich Birkins typically require a higher prespend/longer wait time? I’m not going to mention it to my SA until the end of the year. For reference, I am not a high spender but I am in the store 2x/month and typically spend about $2,500/month. The store director and manager know me by name, as well as many of the other SAs. Thank you for any input! I tried to find info on this forum but didn’t see much about ostrich skins that is recent.
Orange ostrich should be extremely easy to get, competition wise. The item actually existing is going to be your real source of difficulty here, a difficulty that spending more won’t help you with. Make sure your SA knows you are interested and if an Orange ostrich is available, surely you’ll be offered…but I think you’ll be in for a long wait just waiting for one to come into stock as I haven’t seen any Orange ostrich anything in years. Might even be worth getting this on the secondary market as it’s value could be retail or lower.