Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

New bag purchased today! I’m a formal guy and Monday-Thursday I wear a suit and carry a black briefcase or damier graphite LV for the gym. The sdj is for casual Friday and weekends. Can’t wait for Friday to come around so I can use it!

Bought it at Harrods in London, the shopping bag was still traditional Saint Laurent. View attachment 3972673

Dust bag View attachment 3972674

And here it is, the men’s sac de jour north/south in navy blue souple View attachment 3972675 View attachment 3972678

Lock and keyView attachment 3972681

Bag interior View attachment 3972682

It is a beauty. Enjoy using it!!!!

Reactions: DavidFincher
Do any of you have a guide for how to understand this bags’ serial numbers? For example mine starts with DMR. Does some aspect of the code correspond to the year it was manufactured? Thanks!1

I just bought a nano sac de jour but I am having difficulty fixing the shoulder strap. Anybody facing the same problem as the leather loop seems very tight for the strap to go through...

Attachments

• IMG_3264.JPG
    IMG_3264.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 915
My new Sac De Jou Souple came today but I am disappointed by how warped the leather is!
I know it is a softer leather but I am surprised that it is already looking bumpy - it does not show up as much in the photos but there are definitely bumps when I run my hand across the whole bag - the leather is not flat. I do not think this is how it is supposed to look like, especially brand new.

Another disappointing issue was with the shoulder strap - I had to adjust the strap to make it shorter (from the default middle hole) - and you can see how the hole has now enlarged completely.

It really looks like the bag has been used to carry some heavy things - I wonder if it is a return?
Did any of your souple bags arrive brand new but in this condition?

1bbed71d-5a99-44ce-b24e-33acce687da6.jpg e6e8aa99-e524-4c15-998c-b960843d1dbd.jpg