Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

Hello SDJ experts, would anybody be able to tell me what shades of brown the SDJ came in? I have seen some lush cognac browns (darker/reddish and camel shade, but not sure if the darker is actually a very dark brown but just appears a lovely reddish rusty brown color in the photos), and I am not sure what the shades were/are called... anybody? No brown shades (apart from taupe) appear to be online atm, and I would anyway prefer the older structured version in medium or whatever the largest size with the shoulder strap is... it would help if I knew what YSL called their colors... :biggrin:
TIA!

I was at the Paris store yesterday and tried both the updated 2017 version (souple), and the classic version. I was surprised the souple is heavier than the classic version (unlined)! Anyone has problems with the weight? I'm looking at the small sac de jour as an everyday work bag.

The classic is definitely lighter, which is another reason I got it. The supple is so nice & soft, but I'm also using it as an every day work bag. So I was concerned I would wear it out faster or scratch it up more.

Hello SDJ experts, would anybody be able to tell me what shades of brown the SDJ came in? I have seen some lush cognac browns (darker/reddish and camel shade, but not sure if the darker is actually a very dark brown but just appears a lovely reddish rusty brown color in the photos), and I am not sure what the shades were/are called... anybody? No brown shades (apart from taupe) appear to be online atm, and I would anyway prefer the older structured version in medium or whatever the largest size with the shoulder strap is... it would help if I knew what YSL called their colors... :biggrin:
TIA!

Describing colors is subjective so instead of going there here are some photos of the brown variance in different lights. I'm hoping these might help.

This is the taupe brown (I assume you saw this on YSL website):
SDL2.png

Versus the cognac brown you mentioned in natural light with no filter. You can see about color codes in my last post from last page:
SDL.png
154922.jpg
Hope these help. These bag are really awesome in term of usage in whatever color you decide to get! I think I got more than 5 random compliments since I got my cognac SDJ, and I have just been using it for a week ;)

Describing colors is subjective so instead of going there here are some photos of the brown variance in different lights. I'm hoping these might help.

View attachment 3931686

Versus the cognac brown you mentioned in natural light with no filter. You can see about color codes in my last post from last page:
View attachment 3931691
View attachment 3931693
Hope these help. These bag are really awesome in term of usage in whatever color you decide to get! I think I got more than 5 random compliments since I got my cognac SDJ, and I have just been using it for a week ;)
The cognac is stunning! This one is definitely on my list. :smile:

View attachment 3931686
View attachment 3931691
View attachment 3931693

Yhanks so much! That cognac looks sooooo lovely...!

I was planning on buying the small black sdj today (my first) but then I saw dark taupe available for pre-order on the ysl site. I have a lighter taupe Céline micro luggage as my ‘day bag’ and a lv tournelle for work and was looking for a classic structured-ish black bag. Now I’m wondering if I should get dark taupe instead. Has anyone seen dark taupe in person?

Been eyeing the SDJ for the longest time and recently discovered that they have the Souple version.
Was thinking of getting the Black Grained Leather / Croc Embossed Leather for the Baby Size.
I've read that the Souple has better quality than the Classic, but am worried that the Souple may get too soft in the future.. I'm not one to baby my bags.. Having a hard time deciding!
Also, can anyone compare the weight? I prefer something light!

I have the grained souple leather in baby and love it. I’ve had it since July and it is my daily bag. The shape is perfect and still looks just like the day I purchased it. I can’t compare the weight, as I only own the supple. I can tell you the souple is easier to get items in and out of than the classic, as I did look at the classic. More importantly for me is the placement of the shoulder/crossbody strap. I primarily use this bag as a crossbody and I like the strap coming from the sides of the bag as opposed to opposite ends of the handle, as in the classic. The bag swings a bit when walking with the strap like this. Just my opinion. Both bags are beautiful and you won’t be disappointed in either. I do not find the bag heavy at all. The leather on the souple is very luxurious. I am really loving mine and would make the same purchase again. Good luck with what you decide.

I was planning on buying the small black sdj today (my first) but then I saw dark taupe available for pre-order on the ysl site. I have a lighter taupe Céline micro luggage as my ‘day bag’ and a lv tournelle for work and was looking for a classic structured-ish black bag. Now I’m wondering if I should get dark taupe instead. Has anyone seen dark taupe in person?

Hi Bootsandbags! Your collection sounds lovely! Just wondering how you might compare the Celine micro luggage to the sac de jour? I appreciate you don’t yet have the SDJ but as someone who is weighing up the option of Celine Luggage vs SDJ, I’d love your opinion please! Thanks so much

Hi Bootsandbags! Your collection sounds lovely! Just wondering how you might compare the Celine micro luggage to the sac de jour? I appreciate you don’t yet have the SDJ but as someone who is weighing up the option of Celine Luggage vs SDJ, I’d love your opinion please! Thanks so much

May I just chime in here although the question is to Bootsandbags. I have two micro luggage bags and really wanted the SDJ. What I did was choose the baby size and in a powder pink colour so it’s totally different from the luggage bags. The style is much the same but they feel different and of course the SDJ has the long strap. I wouldn’t be able to choose which I like better though :lol: