Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

Hi Bootsandbags! Your collection sounds lovely! Just wondering how you might compare the Celine micro luggage to the sac de jour? I appreciate you don’t yet have the SDJ but as someone who is weighing up the option of Celine Luggage vs SDJ, I’d love your opinion please! Thanks so much
the Celine seemed heavier to me and I find myself putting it down if I'm just standing around since it doesn't have a shoulder strap. I ended up going with a Loewe zipper bag as my black everyday bag (I have a Valentino wallet with the rock studs and you could see the studs protrude through the souple leather which I didn't like) but am still eyeing a SDJ . They have a cute dark navy croc embossed baby and there's a croc embossed black tulip color available for preorder that's just different enough from black that I could talk myself into it!

May I just chime in here although the question is to Bootsandbags. I have two micro luggage bags and really wanted the SDJ. What I did was choose the baby size and in a powder pink colour so it’s totally different from the luggage bags. The style is much the same but they feel different and of course the SDJ has the long strap. I wouldn’t be able to choose which I like better though :lol:

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing!

Reactions: 9371260
Hi Bootsandbags! Your collection sounds lovely! Just wondering how you might compare the Celine micro luggage to the sac de jour? I appreciate you don’t yet have the SDJ but as someone who is weighing up the option of Celine Luggage vs SDJ, I’d love your opinion please! Thanks so much

I know this question was directed elsewhere, but wanted to add that I have the Céline mini luggage in grainy leather and find it to be much heavier than my medium sdj souple in grained leather, in case that is a factor under consideration. I find the Céline to be dressier than the SDJ and although they are both black I feel the styles are completely distinct, with each being beautifully crafted. You can't go wrong as far as the beauty of either bag is concerned. If I had to choose I'd probably pick the Céline since I feel it is more distinctive in its own right.

I have the grained souple leather in baby and love it. I’ve had it since July and it is my daily bag. The shape is perfect and still looks just like the day I purchased it. I can’t compare the weight, as I only own the supple. I can tell you the souple is easier to get items in and out of than the classic, as I did look at the classic. More importantly for me is the placement of the shoulder/crossbody strap. I primarily use this bag as a crossbody and I like the strap coming from the sides of the bag as opposed to opposite ends of the handle, as in the classic. The bag swings a bit when walking with the strap like this. Just my opinion. Both bags are beautiful and you won’t be disappointed in either. I do not find the bag heavy at all. The leather on the souple is very luxurious. I am really loving mine and would make the same purchase again. Good luck with what you decide.

Thank you. :smile: That was really helpful.

Reactions: Luvnlife
Hi everyone, I'm a man and thinking of getting my first Saint Laurent bag (the North/South sac de jour hold all in navy blue). Does anyone have any views on this? I'm a little concerned about the quality issues that I have seen on some other threads. The other bag that has caught my eye is the Prada saffiano leather tote in baltic blue. The Prada is a good looking bag and probably more durable than the Saint Laurent but the capacity isn't really big enough for me so I'm strongly leaning towards the YSL North/South. Am planning on going to Harrods at the weekend to make the big purchase... I have posted pics below, I would welcome views...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 19.59.49.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 19.59.49.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 19.59.32.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 19.59.32.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,248
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a man and thinking of getting my first Saint Laurent bag (the North/South sac de jour hold all in navy blue). Does anyone have any views on this? I'm a little concerned about the quality issues that I have seen on some other threads. The other bag that has caught my eye is the Prada saffiano leather tote in baltic blue. The Prada is a good looking bag and probably more durable than the Saint Laurent but the capacity isn't really big enough for me so I'm strongly leaning towards the YSL North/South. Am planning on going to Harrods at the weekend to make the big purchase... I have posted pics below, I would welcome views...

I always believe that people are more likely to post negative reviews than positive and this can possibly make SL appear to have quality issues above and beyond the norm. I have the baby SDJ and the quality is absolutely excellent. The bag itself is stylish too. I really like the one you have chosen. Good luck deciding [emoji4]

Reactions: DavidFincher

I love the SDJ souple leather. Great quality. This style looks beautiful. Good luck with your decision. My vote goes to SDJ.

I love the souple SDJ! I have one and the quality is outstanding. It's truly an effortless and timeless style. Love the blue one that you are considering. In my opinion, it is far and away superior in style, detail and quality compared to the Prada.

I love the souple SDJ! I have one and the quality is outstanding. It's truly an effortless and timeless style. Love the blue one that you are considering. In my opinion, it is far and away superior in style, detail and quality compared to the Prada.
Thank you BigCherry, Luvnlife and canyongirl, much appreciated! It looks like the ysl sdj is the clear winner!

New bag purchased today! I’m a formal guy and Monday-Thursday I wear a suit and carry a black briefcase or damier graphite LV for the gym. The sdj is for casual Friday and weekends. Can’t wait for Friday to come around so I can use it!

Bought it at Harrods in London, the shopping bag was still traditional Saint Laurent. IMG_1518975597.688591.jpg

Dust bag IMG_1518975625.851583.jpg

And here it is, the men’s sac de jour north/south in navy blue souple IMG_1518975684.021208.jpg IMG_1518975704.303642.jpg

Lock and keyIMG_1518975736.005685.jpg

Bag interior IMG_1518975783.722209.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1518975506.950328.jpg
    IMG_1518975506.950328.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:
New bag purchased today! I’m a formal guy and Monday-Thursday carry a black briefcase or damier graphite LV for the gym. The sdj is for casual Friday and weekends.

Bought it at Harrods in London, the shopping bag was still traditional Saint Laurent. View attachment 3972673

Dust bag View attachment 3972674

And here it is, the men’s sac de hour north/south in navy blue souple View attachment 3972675 View attachment 3972678

Lock and keyView attachment 3972681

Bag interior View attachment 3972682
New bag purchased today! I’m a formal guy and Monday-Thursday carry a black briefcase or damier graphite LV for the gym. The sdj is for casual Friday and weekends.

Bought it at Harrods in London, the shopping bag was still traditional Saint Laurent. View attachment 3972673

And here it is, the men’s sac de hour north/south in navy blue souple View attachment 3972675 View attachment 3972678

Such a beautiful bag!! Congratulations on your acquisition!

New bag purchased today! I’m a formal guy and Monday-Thursday I wear a suit and carry a black briefcase or damier graphite LV for the gym. The sdj is for casual Friday and weekends. Can’t wait for Friday to come around so I can use it!

:congrats:

So excited for you and I’m sure we all can’t wait for Friday too. Maybe some mod pics?? :ghi5: