Saint Laurent Sac De Jour Souple

Does anyone’s SDJ’s double handles seem to droop? I recently acquired a preloved piece in the size baby and the front handle seems to fall forward
I have had mine (also baby size) since 2017 and it is my most used bag, as I love the color and the style. I haven’t noticed any drooping of the handles and my bag gets lots of use. That being said, I am really careful with it and never toss it around. I carry it crossbody and by the handles.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: papertiger
I have had mine (also baby size) since 2017 and it is my most used bag, as I love the color and the style. I haven’t noticed any drooping of the handles and my bag gets lots of use. That being said, I am really careful with it and never toss it around. I carry it crossbody and by the handles.
Your bag is gorgeous! I recently got the preloved piece for a steal! But clearly understood why it was priced the way it was upon arrival. I think I’ll just go the new from boutique route seeing how great it looks when properly taken care of. The handles are cracking and misshapen.

Attachments

• 72014550603__856D25F4-E269-4891-9E12-14053CD90655.jpeg
    72014550603__856D25F4-E269-4891-9E12-14053CD90655.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Wow
This sounds like a good plan! My bag is in great condition and no cracking on the handles and it also doesn’t slouch at all. I have to say it has held up beautifully and I would buy the same bag again! I absolutely love it! Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.

• Insightful
This sounds like a good plan! My bag is in great condition and no cracking on the handles and it also doesn’t slouch at all. I have to say it has held up beautifully and I would buy the same bag again! I absolutely love it! Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.
Thank you! I returned this piece and will just save up towards a new one in boutique. I do see that this seasons SDJ souple comes with metal feet.

Can anyone confirm when the SDJ souple started coming with metal feet? I was in the boutique yesterday and the SA said he thought the souple started coming with metal feet studs a few years ago, but this thread suggests it was earlier this year. I much prefer them to the original leather feet. I'm asking because I may go the preloved route.

Also can anyone else comment on the quality and how the glazing holds up in general? A little nervous after seeing a post here where the glazing on the handles was cracking after one month of use.

I have to say though, I am loving this bag after having tried it on in the boutique!

Can anyone confirm when the SDJ souple started coming with metal feet? I was in the boutique yesterday and the SA said he thought the souple started coming with metal feet studs a few years ago, but this thread suggests it was earlier this year. I much prefer them to the original leather feet. I'm asking because I may go the preloved route.

Also can anyone else comment on the quality and how the glazing holds up in general? A little nervous after seeing a post here where the glazing on the handles was cracking after one month of use.

I have to say though, I am loving this bag after having tried it on in the boutique!
I purchased my baby SDJ supple grained leather in 2021 from the boutique and it has leather feet. This is one of my more used bags and it has held up very well. I haven’t babied it and haven’t had any issues with glazing on the handle or anywhere else on the bag. I recently purchased the YSL Lou camera bag in different leather and it was scratched after the first wear. I would recommend the SDJ supple grained leather.

I purchased my baby SDJ supple grained leather in 2021 from the boutique and it has leather feet. This is one of my more used bags and it has held up very well. I haven’t babied it and haven’t had any issues with glazing on the handle or anywhere else on the bag. I recently purchased the YSL Lou camera bag in different leather and it was scratched after the first wear. I would recommend the SDJ supple grained leather.
Thank you for the reply, Panlove! That helps 👍

I believe they came out with the metal feel in the last year. To be honest, I prefer the leather feet, as I don’t have to worry about it scratching anything, especially when putting it in my car. I’ve had my souple baby size since 2017 and it is my most used bag. It’s in red. The glazing and the bag still looks brand new. That being said, I do take care of my bags. Stuffed and covered if I’m not using it and I don’t use it in the rain. Love the bag. Hope you get it and enjoy it. The feet would not be deal breaker for me either way! There is a picture of mine a few posts up from this.

Reactions: Farkvam
I believe they came out with the metal feel in the last year. To be honest, I prefer the leather feet, as I don’t have to worry about it scratching anything, especially when putting it in my car. I’ve had my souple baby size since 2017 and it is my most used bag. It’s in red. The glazing and the bag still looks brand new. That being said, I do take care of my bags. Stuffed and covered if I’m not using it and I don’t use it in the rain. Love the bag. Hope you get it and enjoy it. The feet would not be deal breaker for me either way! There is a picture of mine a few posts up from this.
It's a beautiful bag you have there, Luvnlife! Thanks for the input on the leather feet, as well.