Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

I’m from Australia and haven’t heard either, though it may be because I also have no dedicated SA as I prefer to buy online. I have 2 SCs, cobalt & cherry from 2012 and 2013, respectively who are both pristine. There’s no way that I’d give them up for a refund. I will keep using them on rotation & enjoy them until they start showing whatever defects they are meant to have. If and when that time comes, I’ll just chuck it up to wear & tear.

thanks guys. So good to have it clarified. Its just frustrating when even the sales associates don't know this. How should I go about clarifying it? Should I ask to speak to their manager and look it up? Sometimes I just feel like they never believe the customer and I feel like a fool asking these things.

Truthful I've had issues with glazing with my 2015 PM. I had it re-glazed, but I was never happy with the stitching. Which he looked at thought was defective, then said its ok. Anyways, It just doesnt sit right to have a bag that's on a recall, and I'm not sure if I would rather put the money towards another item. But anyways, what do you guys recommend I do seeing as none of the CA in australia know anything about it?

Most people here it seems have been contacted by the CS @jejunity and are in the UK. It may not be a world wide issue considering that the bags are made at different locations. If it reaches Australia, I am sure you will be contacted if your bag is on the list.

Was it all bags? I have a Speedy b 25 from those years.
Funny you should ask, I have an epi neverfull which was purchased that year which experienced melting glazing, I took mine into store for repair 2.5years later and they replaced the handles for free. Maybe there was a problem with the batches of glazing thus more bags being affected than stated...

Reactions: lvchanellvr
Funny you should ask, I have an epi neverfull which was purchased that year which experienced melting glazing, I took mine into store for repair 2.5years later and they replaced the handles for free. Maybe there was a problem with the batches of glazing thus more bags being affected than stated...

I wonder if there’s a list out there of bags we should be checking

I wonder if there’s a list out there of bags we should be checking
It would be helpful as each TPF member receives the call or email from LV to post which bag they own that are being asked to be brought into the store for store credit or replacement. I called CS and they would not provide the information. I have a number of bags brought during this period but have not received a call as of yet. They said they are working through the list and each client will receive a call first and if they can't be reached wlll be notified by email.

It would be helpful as each TPF member receives the call or email from LV to post which bag they own that are being asked to be brought into the store for store credit or replacement. I called CS and they would not provide the information. I have a number of bags brought during this period but have not received a call as of yet. They said they are working through the list and each client will receive a call first and if they can't be reached wlll be notified by email.

I guess we should all check our bags (date codes especially) to see if we need to bring them in. Many of mine are pre-loved so I wouldn’t even be getting a call. And as someone posted earlier, the “window” of replacement/return/free repair might close soon.

I haven’t noticed any melting issues yet but I always rotate my bags so it will take longer for it to happen. I’d rather do the “pre- emptive strike”.

Has anyone noticed there seems to be a very large amount of them for sale on Fashionphile? I didn’t expect to see so many when I was browsing their site since people seem so desperate to get them.

I’ve noticed that too when I was actually looking for a monogram one. I guess there’s still many of them because they’re above retail? Especially a new one I’m eyeing is almost $600.

Lol, I think there's so many PM's available from re-sellers and entrepreneurs because they're greedy and think they can get way over RRP! Just because LV keeps them in such short supply doesn't mean most buyers are willing to pay 50% over the top. I would have loved a Reverse Mono PM and have been on LV's "am I aren't I"wait list since May. I wasn't aware of any issues with PM's but reading this thread has made me think how risky it is to buy privately without a receipt.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about though, surely IF you have any problems with a bag take it back to LV (I have a really bad faulty lock on my Empreinte leather PM which I haven't had a chance to take into store but I'll get around to it eventually

Last edited:
I went in last night and they gave me store credit for my Pochette Métis at the 1890 price mine was preloved so I didn’t have the receipt but I had paid for it to be reglazed in 2017. The glaze was peeling and the store manager found a small crack in the same corner as the glazing issue. I ended up getting it in the marine rouge empreinte. They advise me once it starts with the small cracks there is nothing that can be done.