Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Yes they are recalling some bags. My Sorority Sister and her friend got the call. They are contacting owners of bags that were purchased during a certain time. It’s not all bags.

Nathalie123 likes this.
  2. They are making their rounds. My friend’s bag sis not have any issues but they told her she could get a new one of store credit. Her choice. So this is NOT a rumor. It is true.

pjhm, Nathalie123 and MiBu like this.
  3. I don‘t have a dedicated SA. I just got a call from general customer care and they named the bags they want me to bring in. I never had a complain about them and I was very surprised LV contacted me. I think they are checking their records based on models and call the buyer to inform them. Never heard of anything like that before too but it’s real.

4. In my case only other leather bags (SC, Lockit, Essentiel).

lvchanellvr likes this.
  5. But if you have no issue with your bag, do you still take it in?

6. I have a 2018 PM and all I know is you’ll
    have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands in order for me to give it up, defects or not

MeepMeep67, Chiichan, Bumbles and 9 others like this.
  7. Most probably yes...Now I get a refund. If a problem occurs in a year or two I will surely not get anything....

lapdog19, baghagg and GTOFan like this.
  8. How does this work if your Pochette Metis was not originally purchase from LV?

The only metis that I own with issues was purchased secondhand.
    But I love it to pieces it’s the original version
    It does have some glazing issues though

Are we able to bring it in still? I’m just curious

katgoldatx likes this.
  9. Oh ok thanks. I have the receipt and everything.

fabuleux likes this.
  10. I was just called by my store. It’s issues with the 2013-15 bags. They basically said they are “melting” and other issues and I was told to bring them in, even if in perfect condition, and choose something else. My bags affected are the Cindy Sherman, louboutin, ala Moana tote, and a noefull. I’m so sad.

redkitty and MiBu like this.
  11. #56 Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    I would only turn my bag in if I were told that this was a one-time shot and that LV would not offer a resolution to any known issues further down the line. Other than that, my PM is going no where. I got mine in 2015 and have had no issues. Actually took it to Vegas twice this year in 100+ degree weather and it's still going strong.

12. Has anyone noticed there seems to be a very large amount of them for sale on Fashionphile? I didn’t expect to see so many when I was browsing their site since people seem so desperate to get them.

13. Was it all bags? I have a Speedy b 25 from those years.

lvchanellvr likes this.
  14. I’ve noticed that too when I was actually looking for a monogram one. I guess there’s still many of them because they’re above retail? Especially a new one I’m eyeing is almost $600.

15. I don't know. This is such a controversial bag. It's the only LV bag that has had me wavering about owning it for the longest time. Glazing issues, the whole feminine, yet masculine design, the unavailability, the markup in the secondary market, now this sort of replacement/ refund policy,...etc.

I don't know. I want to OWN one, but now I'm not sure I want to HAVE one. Am also afraid of owning a handbag that will be "phased" out, or thinned out in production.

MBMA likes this.