Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

Hi everyone,
so I've been following this topic lately regarding a louis vuitton pochette metis recall. There's been mixed responses... and I'm not sure what to believe. I live in australia, and I just tried calling the customer hotline and they said they had no idea what I was talking about. How do I move on from there? Do I ask them to double check with the manager?

So far it seems a lot of it is from US, so I just wanted clarification from anyone who knows more about it. Also if there's any fellow australians that have brought this up with their SA and know much about it?

Just wanting some clarity regarding this if anyone can shed some light?

Yes they are recalling some bags. My Sorority Sister and her friend got the call. They are contacting owners of bags that were purchased during a certain time. It’s not all bags.

Reactions: Nathalie123
Don't go by what you see posted on youtube. Each youtuber are trying to beat the next one in spreading these rumors. In my opinion many are just reaching just so they can have content on their channel.

For crying out loud the potential issues with this bag have been documented for YEARS. I purchased my PM in 2015 knowing what problems may potentially be down the road and so far no issues. I will not be calling customer service or my SA to ask about an issue that hasn't even happened yet. Do your research. If the risk isn't worth it to you then just select a different bag.

Not directed towards you OP, but to everyone who is interested in this bag. I swear it seems if folks know the "defects" and purchase the bag anyways. Then when they receive the bag they go over it with a magnifying glass the entire time they own the bag and then complain about something or other just to have something to complain about.

They are making their rounds. My friend’s bag sis not have any issues but they told her she could get a new one of store credit. Her choice. So this is NOT a rumor. It is true.

I don‘t have a dedicated SA. I just got a call from general customer care and they named the bags they want me to bring in. I never had a complain about them and I was very surprised LV contacted me. I think they are checking their records based on models and call the buyer to inform them. Never heard of anything like that before too but it’s real.

How does this work if your Pochette Metis was not originally purchase from LV?

The only metis that I own with issues was purchased secondhand.
But I love it to pieces it’s the original version
It does have some glazing issues though

Are we able to bring it in still? I’m just curious

Reactions: katgoldatx
I was just called by my store. It’s issues with the 2013-15 bags. They basically said they are “melting” and other issues and I was told to bring them in, even if in perfect condition, and choose something else. My bags affected are the Cindy Sherman, louboutin, ala Moana tote, and a noefull. I’m so sad.

Reactions: redkitty and MiBu
But if you have no issue with your bag, do you still take it in?

I would only turn my bag in if I were told that this was a one-time shot and that LV would not offer a resolution to any known issues further down the line. Other than that, my PM is going no where. I got mine in 2015 and have had no issues. Actually took it to Vegas twice this year in 100+ degree weather and it's still going strong.

Last edited:
I was just called by my store. It’s issues with the 2013-15 bags. They basically said they are “melting” and other issues and I was told to bring them in, even if in perfect condition, and choose something else. My bags affected are the Cindy Sherman, louboutin, ala Moana tote, and a noefull. I’m so sad.

Was it all bags? I have a Speedy b 25 from those years.

Reactions: lvchanellvr
Has anyone noticed there seems to be a very large amount of them for sale on Fashionphile? I didn’t expect to see so many when I was browsing their site since people seem so desperate to get them.

I’ve noticed that too when I was actually looking for a monogram one. I guess there’s still many of them because they’re above retail? Especially a new one I’m eyeing is almost $600.

I don't know. This is such a controversial bag. It's the only LV bag that has had me wavering about owning it for the longest time. Glazing issues, the whole feminine, yet masculine design, the unavailability, the markup in the secondary market, now this sort of replacement/ refund policy,...etc.

I don't know. I want to OWN one, but now I'm not sure I want to HAVE one. Am also afraid of owning a handbag that will be "phased" out, or thinned out in production.

Reactions: MBMA