Rumour re: Louis Vuitton Recall?

I love the bag, especially the GM size, but have only used it once/twice. Fair enough, thanks for the suggestion. Might as well just get the store credit and buy something else.
You stated they offered to give you a store credit for the amount you paid when you bought it. Of course they are not going to give you a newer bigger bag at the same cost. and I am sure the bag was not defective when purchased as you stated or why didn’t you say something then or why did you buy it???? I would take the credit and be happy.

Reactions: sprezzatura_nyc
Dear all, I am happy to see this message thread here in this forum as I am also in the same predicament. I purchased the RARE discontinued Capucines GM bag in 2014 and have never used it really. To my shock, all the edge glazing melted with the glazing marks even EVIDENT imprinted on the dust bag when I checked on it this year. I brought the bag to LV this year hoping, just like you, for them to fix the edge glazing. To my BIGGEST disappointment, they said that they could not repair it and offer to give me a store credit of the last purchase price in 2014. Or if I wanted to they would replace it with the MM but pay for the price difference of $2,500 extra (they mentioned that the price increased because of inflation, DUH, what about me, the price I paid for a defective and damaged product! I was completely shocked with this, besides being a smaller sized MM bag, they were even asking me to pay! I have been an LV customer for 30 years and this type of customer service is simply disgusting. I argued, WHY? You sell me a damaged bag which has given you bad publicity and this is what you offer me? Given that there was a worldwide recall of the Capucines produced in 2013 and 2014 which I unfortunately missed, this is the WORST service ever. This really puts a bad taste for LV and I do hope that lot's of people read our BAD experience of the poor quality workmanship of LV and their horrible customer support. I am still contemplating whether to just get a store credit or bring it to a bag clinic say in London. Customer service at Walmart would be better than this! Any feedback and thoughts would be kindly appreciated :smile:
My sister in law had a Melie that had glazing issues. I think that's a known issue with that bag. Long story short, they repaired it and it happened again. She took it to the boutique and was offered a store credit for the full price she paid, even though she used the bag for almost 6 years. I thought that was excellent customer service. She ended up paying the difference for an empreinte Neverfull and loves it. Take the credit and get something you love.

My sister in law had a Melie that had glazing issues. I think that's a known issue with that bag. Long story short, they repaired it and it happened again. She took it to the boutique and was offered a store credit for the full price she paid, even though she used the bag for almost 6 years. I thought that was excellent customer service. She ended up paying the difference for an empreinte Neverfull and loves it. Take the credit and get something you love.
I got a store credit for my Ikat NF that has glazing issues and rarely used it. I didn’t even notice it until they mentioned the recall. I turned in an empreinte speedy for a store credit and it didn’t even have issues, I think they were giving store credit for empreinte Items even if there weren’t issues yet. I believe that LV has excellent customer service like you said. You also need to go in with realistic expectations..

Reactions: sprezzatura_nyc
thank you kindly, will probably just take the credit.

thanks much, will do. Just needed some reinforcements here :smile:

Reactions: Loriad
I got a store credit for my Ikat NF that has glazing issues and rarely used it. I didn’t even notice it until they mentioned the recall. I turned in an empreinte speedy for a store credit and it didn’t even have issues, I think they were giving store credit for empreinte Items even if there weren’t issues yet. I believe that LV has excellent customer service like you said. You also need to go in with realistic expectations..
Omg i would have loved a store credit for my montaigne that had glazing issues they repaired. I would have bought something new as i only used it 4 times and it warped in my closet. The repair ended up taking 5 months

Last edited: