Rose gold hardware hermes bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #181 Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Exactly my situation but with yellow gold!

I found this online and thought I'd share:

"If you’re wondering, “does gold plated jewelry tarnish?” the answer is yes, it does! Gold plated jewelry items will definitely tarnish over time, though solid gold items will not tarnish at all. Gold plated items have a base metal underneath the gold plate, like copper or silver, which makes the jewelry piece stronger and less likely to bend, though these jewelry metals tarnish. In a gold plated jewelry item, the metal beneath the gold plate will eventually come to the surface and become discolored, so it will need to be polished frequently to keep its shine. The reason that gold plated jewelry tarnishes is because the molecules of the base metals eventually transfer into the thin layer of gold, causing the gold layer to break down."

So now the question is, what is the base metal hermes uses? Also, is it different base metals for rghw and ghw?

rania1981 and hannahsophia like this.
  2. My B30 RGHW has not tarnished at all. I got it for Christmas and use it regularly. :smile:

renet and Yoshi1296 like this.
  3. Is permabrass rose gold? Or they're different coloured hardware?

TIA :heart:

4. Permabrass is Light Gold, so different from the Rose Gold option.

h<302 likes this.
  5. Ladies- I saw that there’s a few craie slg released with rghw. What do you think are the chances that they’ll make a craie kelly with rghw? I’m torn between trying to wait it out or just buying a kelly from a reseller. A craie sellier kelly is my HG bag, and if it can come with rghw, I might just die of happiness haha.

6. Perfect and beautiful

Leileka likes this.
  7. There are a ton of SLG being released with RGHW. Unfortunately that is not an indication of us knowing what bags will have it. So far we have seen Beton (same color family as Craie, but Beton is current) released with RGHW in Birkin and Constance but I have not seen Craie. No K's so far have RGHW.... no news that RGHW will be an option for B or K SO's in the future either. It remains an Hermes mystery =)

8. sigh, it’ll have to stay a dream for now :smile: thanks for the valuable input nonetheless!

9. A reseller (jhac40) just posted a craie b30 with rghw and it’s GORGEOUS

Attached Files:

10. they won't make Kelly in RGHW in the near future, at least no for SS20, so i won't bet on it any time soon.

xiaoxiao and Meta like this.
  11. How are you liking the bag? I just got offered this bag today!! I'm going to take a look at it this weekend but would love to hear your thoughts on the versatilty of the color and the RGHW!!

chocochipjunkie and renet like this.
  12. Here’s mine after a few months of carrying it daily in the hot humid south. No tarnish whatsoever ❤️ 48B915A9-434D-41E2-A363-65E2AC51DE5B.jpeg

BalLVLover, Mali_, 18eve and 14 others like this.
  13. beautiful!!!

14. Does rghw only come in only few particular colors of birkin? Like noir, trench, blue nuit?

15. mine is Beton with RGHW