Rose gold hardware hermes bag

So an Instagramer posted today (hautecohonnet) that rose gold tarnishes and that Hermes is aware of this problem and she had two bags which both tarnished quickly and could not be fixed by Hermes other than to replace the hardware. She said the artisan said it’s because of the copper mixture. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I’m curious if her experience is the norm or one off occurrence.

So an Instagramer posted today (hautecohonnet) that rose gold tarnishes and that Hermes is aware of this problem and she had two bags which both tarnished quickly and could not be fixed by Hermes other than to replace the hardware. She said the artisan said it’s because of the copper mixture. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I’m curious if her experience is the norm or one off occurrence.
Thank you! I wanted to ask the same question. I have a c18 in rghw that I haven’t used yet and wanted to know more on the tarnishing as well

Reactions: Luvhcv and randeeh

Thank you! I wanted to ask the same question. I have a c18 in rghw that I haven’t used yet and wanted to know more on the tarnishing as well
Perhaps @MYH can chime in given that she commented on that post? Also paging @Israeli_Flava who has two Constance with rghw. :wondering:

My guess is it also depends on how much one uses the bag/belt/fashion jewelry? :thinking: (aside from one's climate of course)

Reactions: Luvhcv and randeeh
Perhaps @MYH can chime in given that she commented on that post? Also paging @Israeli_Flava who has two Constance with rghw. :wondering:

My guess is it also depends on how much one uses the bag/belt/fashion jewelry? :thinking: (aside from one's climate of course)

I have a C24 trench w/ rghw which has some tarnishing on the bottom edge. I’ve only used it less than 5 times. I also have a B30 GT rghw but haven’t used it yet and haven’t inspected it for tarnishing.

Reactions: Luvhcv
I have a C24 trench w/ rghw which has some tarnishing on the bottom edge. I’ve only used it less than 5 times. I also have a B30 GT rghw but haven’t used it yet and haven’t inspected it for tarnishing.
Can I ask if you live in a humid area or kept the stickers on? The tarnishing has me worried because according to the craftsman the Instagram girl spoke with in Paris it’s not something you can polish away using a polishing cloth or fixed by Hermes other than replacing.

I have a mini c with RGHW. I have had it since end of 2017/beginning of 2018(?) (can’t remember exactly) No tarnishes. This is probably my most used H bag. It’s been in both dry and VERY humid environments. It is stored in a climate controlled closet though (not sure if that matters or not)

Really hoping it is a one off thing.

Reactions: Possum and Luvhcv
Can I ask if you live in a humid area or kept the stickers on? The tarnishing has me worried because according to the craftsman the Instagram girl spoke with in Paris it’s not something you can polish away using a polishing cloth or fixed by Hermes other than replacing.

I live in So. Cal., not usually humid . The part that tarnished is the part that they don’t put stickers on (the perimeter edge of H). I will ask my SA about getting it replaced.