Rose gold hardware hermes bag

I have a SO constance elan with rose gold HW that I have experienced mild tarnish. The plastic was removed before I started to use it and it's stored in climate controlled environment. I used jewelry polish cloth and it was removed and it does come back. HTH!

Exactly my situation but with yellow gold!

I found this online and thought I'd share:

"If you’re wondering, “does gold plated jewelry tarnish?” the answer is yes, it does! Gold plated jewelry items will definitely tarnish over time, though solid gold items will not tarnish at all. Gold plated items have a base metal underneath the gold plate, like copper or silver, which makes the jewelry piece stronger and less likely to bend, though these jewelry metals tarnish. In a gold plated jewelry item, the metal beneath the gold plate will eventually come to the surface and become discolored, so it will need to be polished frequently to keep its shine. The reason that gold plated jewelry tarnishes is because the molecules of the base metals eventually transfer into the thin layer of gold, causing the gold layer to break down."

So now the question is, what is the base metal hermes uses? Also, is it different base metals for rghw and ghw?

Last edited:
Ladies- I saw that there’s a few craie slg released with rghw. What do you think are the chances that they’ll make a craie kelly with rghw? I’m torn between trying to wait it out or just buying a kelly from a reseller. A craie sellier kelly is my HG bag, and if it can come with rghw, I might just die of happiness haha.

Ladies- I saw that there’s a few craie slg released with rghw. What do you think are the chances that they’ll make a craie kelly with rghw? I’m torn between trying to wait it out or just buying a kelly from a reseller. A craie sellier kelly is my HG bag, and if it can come with rghw, I might just die of happiness haha.
There are a ton of SLG being released with RGHW. Unfortunately that is not an indication of us knowing what bags will have it. So far we have seen Beton (same color family as Craie, but Beton is current) released with RGHW in Birkin and Constance but I have not seen Craie. No K's so far have RGHW.... no news that RGHW will be an option for B or K SO's in the future either. It remains an Hermes mystery =)

There are a ton of SLG being released with RGHW. Unfortunately that is not an indication of us knowing what bags will have it. So far we have seen Beton (same color family as Craie, but Beton is current) released with RGHW in Birkin and Constance but I have not seen Craie. No K's so far have RGHW.... no news that RGHW will be an option for B or K SO's in the future either. It remains an Hermes mystery =)
sigh, it’ll have to stay a dream for now :smile: thanks for the valuable input nonetheless!

they won't make Kelly in RGHW in the near future, at least no for SS20, so i won't bet on it any time soon.

Reactions: xiaoxiao and Meta