Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Dropped off my pochette felicie in monogram to have the base replaced since they no longer reglaze the edges and was quoted $390. I received a quote in May for $270. The repairs are going up! It has sentimental value so wanted to return it to its former glory.
Update: after 6 months, my Felicie is still not ready. The excuse I got was that they were waiting for a part. The bag is add to cart online so I wonder what "part" they are awaiting

I just got my PA back and I am here to share the results. I am beyond impressed with Louis Vuitton service!! They have made me a fan again!
The total out of pocket cost for me was $60!! I just sent it in with a ziplockbag. This is how I got it back!!
They replace the zipper and d-ring. The entire top area. They also sent it back wrapped impeccably and with a new dust bag and box. The lovely note is just so wonderful! I would like to remind everyone again I bought this pochette in 1992.(made in USA) With the repair, the bag looks 100% new. They even fixed the cracks holding the d-ring

View attachment 5398214

View attachment 5398215

View attachment 5398216

View attachment 5398220
I’m new to this forum and I just received my repaired PA today. However im not as lucky as you were cuz i paid $395 for the zipper and strap replacement but the purse came back to me with few cracks on the canvas side that hold the D ring which I didnt see when I took picture to submit a repair request. Also they didnt even polished the D ring and they didnt ask me if I want to pay to get the D ring replacement. Now my purse looks ridiculous with the new vachetta leather strap and tab and shiny zipper but the D was discoloration and have rust plus new extra cracking. Anyone have issue like me and what should I do in this case. I’m very upset with my first repair experience☹️

8FFA6DA8-B9AB-4FAE-9467-87722103C1C5.jpeg

I’m new to this forum and I just received my repaired PA today. However im not as lucky as you were cuz i paid $395 for the zipper and strap replacement but the purse came back to me with few cracks on the canvas side that hold the D ring which I didnt see when I took picture to submit a repair request. Also they didnt even polished the D ring and they didnt ask me if I want to pay to get the D ring replacement. Now my purse looks ridiculous with the new vachetta leather strap and tab and shiny zipper but the D was discoloration and have rust plus new extra cracking. Anyone have issue like me and what should I do in this case. I’m very upset with my first repair experience☹️

View attachment 5766438
That D-ring can only be replaced if the completely disassemble the whole bag. And since the coating came off, it cannot be polished back to gold.
But, that crack is unacceptable. If it didn't have that before, they must replace the entire bag for you.

View attachment 5766438
The bag is very well used, can tell from the totally worn off gold tone color D ring, typically when this style bag is well worn, the canvas end will have damages cracks like what it is shown in the picture, I don't think it was caused by repair, mostly likely it was there before sent in you may not notice until you look at it throughly after repair.

This D ring is not made from solid brass so can't be polished to retore gold tone color like other bags's hardware which if were made from solid brass, however you do have option to replace the D ring.

The bag is very well used, can tell from the totally worn off gold tone color D ring, typically when this style bag is well worn, the canvas end will have damages cracks like what it is shown in the picture, I don't think it was caused by repair, mostly likely it was there before sent in you may not notice until you look at it throughly after repair.

This D ring is not made from solid brass so can't be polished to retore gold tone color like other bags's hardware which if were made from solid brass, however you do have option to replace the D ring.
I understand that the D ring is worn off due to use but I got this new model brand new in 2017 while my mini pochette was much older and being used much more have no issue at all. Honestly if I know there was cracks I wouldnt spend that much money to fix it. I did send LV all pictures of the bag when I submit the request. Plus LV repair policy stated that they dont repair bag with crack canvas. Im really upset because they didnt even asked me if i want to replace the D ring but the strap when my old strap wasnt too bad. Or if they notice that my bag was cracked they should have told me and refused the repair. Asking if anyone having issue like me because I dont know what to do ‍♀️

Reactions: BagAddiction712
That D-ring can only be replaced if the completely disassemble the whole bag. And since the coating came off, it cannot be polished back to gold.
But, that crack is unacceptable. If it didn't have that before, they must replace the entire bag for you.
Thank you for your reply. This is my first repair and I regret that I submit the request online instead of making an appointment with the expert at LV boutique. I do not have pictures of the bag when I submitted the request and I couldnt find it on LV care service either but im pretty sure I did send them the picture from the side of the bag and near the D ring. Should I submit another repair request regarding the issue or call them?

Thank you for your reply. This is my first repair and I regret that I submit the request online instead of making an appointment with the expert at LV boutique. I do not have pictures of the bag when I submitted the request and I couldnt find it on LV care service either but im pretty sure I did send them the picture from the side of the bag and near the D ring. Should I submit another repair request regarding the issue or call them?
If you attached, then they must have those pictures. Nothing ever gets deleted from any server, ever. I hope they won't try some bullsh*t excuse, but if so, please don't give up an insist on checking the pics you sent them. To really delete them, it would need a way bigger effort from their IT than what a small repair costs them. The only acceptable resolution is a brand new product in my opinion.
Of course, first try to ask them kindly, that usually pays off. But if they keep on refusing, then it's OK to be a little "I want to speak to the manager" :smile:

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
If you attached, then they must have those pictures. Nothing ever gets deleted from any server, ever. I hope they won't try some bullsh*t excuse, but if so, please don't give up an insist on checking the pics you sent them. To really delete them, it would need a way bigger effort from their IT than what a small repair costs them. The only acceptable resolution is a brand new product in my opinion.
Of course, first try to ask them kindly, that usually pays off. But if they keep on refusing, then it's OK to be a little "I want to speak to the manager" :smile:
Thank you so much. The LV boutique is 1.5hr away from where I live so I would call them first to talk about the issue. If they can replace the cracking part that would be great, I wont ask for more and willing to pay to get the D ring replaced too. A brand new one is unnecessary tbh. I will keep you all update about my case

It does not matter how many years people have owned their bags, the wear and tear on a bag depends on lots of facts such as the style of bag, how often does it been worn, how heavy the items put into the bag etc, I have bags bought preowned 15 years plus old, the previous owner never worn them I also had bags bought preowned the previously sellers bought brand new and owned less than a year yet there are obvious damages cracks etc.

I myself have bought bags brand new from store been used for over 5 years carefully still look brand new not a hint of rubbing in bags, I also have bags bought from store never worn sitting on the shelves for several years. as I said before how many years a person owns a bag does not determine how worn the bag would be.

Staffs in store sometimes do take items already had cracks, sometimes they don't, it's not a black & white decision.

Reactions: ktd22 and BULL
It does not matter how many years people have owned their bags, the wear and tear on a bag depends on lots of facts such as the style of bag, how often does it been worn, how heavy the items put into the bag etc, I have bags bought preowned 15 years plus old, the previous owner never worn them I also had bags bought preowned the previously sellers bought brand new and owned less than a year yet there are obvious damages cracks etc.

I myself have bought bags brand new from store been used for over 5 years carefully still look brand new not a hint of rubbing in bags, I also have bags bought from store never worn sitting on the shelves for several years. as I said before how many years a person owns a bag does not determine how worn the bag would be.

Staffs in store sometimes do take items already had cracks, sometimes they don't, it's not a black & white decision.
Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience. I think you are right, I just sent them an email about the issue yesterday and im waiting for their response. Hopefully they will check the picture i submitted before the repair to see if the crack was already there or not. The worse case scenario is they refuse to assist but hope that my experience will help other ppl that want to get their purse repair aware about the price for repair and carefully check their purse before sending it out. I read the post here and learned that not all the atelier willing to put their time and effort into repairing our purse. I will keep you guys update

Reactions: BagAddiction712
Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience. I think you are right, I just sent them an email about the issue yesterday and im waiting for their response. Hopefully they will check the picture i submitted before the repair to see if the crack was already there or not. The worse case scenario is they refuse to assist but hope that my experience will help other ppl that want to get their purse repair aware about the price for repair and carefully check their purse before sending it out. I read the post here and learned that not all the atelier willing to put their time and effort into repairing our purse. I will keep you guys update
Hopefully you will get a good result, lots of times (I suspect) LV may do something nice if the customer has been a regular customer or has a good relationship with the SA etc

Reactions: dallen8316
Hopefully you will get a good result, lots of times (I suspect) LV may do something nice if the customer has been a regular customer or has a good relationship with the SA etc
So here is the update for my pochette. After I contact LV about the issue they send me the label to send the purse back to LV atelier for inspection and this morning(a week since they received the purse) an expert called me and said that they will offer to replace the whole side canvas that got the crack for free but imply that after the replacement there might be slight different on the canvas color compare to the original and I accepted the offer. They told me that the repair might take about 12weeks and I will sure post the picture of the purse once I receive it.
Ps: Thank you all for your responses and Im glad that they offer the repair for free this time as Im not a regular customer and I do not have an SA either. I just occasionally bought some of their products online due to the travel distance.

I think it would be really helpful if we could compile a somewhat general list of repair cost (ranges) as a reference for the forum :yes:- I spent about 1.5 hours searching the whole forum (with no answer)!

Does anyone know the repair costs for an agenda - the botton ring part came off the cover!:wtf:

TIA!

Toodles~
Hi new here. Hello. My Name is Dee. I purchased an LV Hudson Monogram Messenger bag (th1047) about 4-5 years ago. The bag was in rough shape as all the piping was exposed Sent it to LV and they replaced all the piping and the bag looks brand new. Cost me $275. So I believe yours should be a lot less. Hope this helps. Happy Mothers Day.