Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Some repairs can still be free of charge if under warranty. It's best to just contact the LV store directly to see how much a repair may cost depending on the circumstances....

The leather top strip of my Petit Noe was replaced by LV under warranty. I had only had the Petit Noe for about 13 months when the leather strip cracked in several places. I brought the Petit Noe to my SA and she said the repair would be covered under warranty. I got the bag back after less than 4 weeks and LV had completely replaced the leather strip at the top of the bag. It's lighter of course than the rest of the vachetta leather on my Petit Noe, but actually, the rest of the leather is not that dark after only 13 months, so I think the new leather strip will catch up in color soon.

In January 2008 it cost $135 (plus tax) to replace the handles on my Epi Alma. The reason for the replacement was that the leather on the handles were peeling and since the bag was more than one year old, I was responsible for the cost of repair.

Sorry don't know the answer to your query.

Reactions: chandra920
It's best to just contact your SA at your local Louis Vuitton boutique. Since the damage and repairs can vary, there is no "set" price list for repairs( X with a broken zipper costs Y to repair) It just depends on the bag, age, if it's a SO, and if it's a LE. I would just take it in and ask. The worst they'll say is it'll cost A to repair, or they'll say it's covered under warranty. Which ring are you referring to? Could you post a picture? If it's the inside "3-Ring" thing, then it might have to be completely re-sewn(which can be expensive), If it's something small(like one of the snaps or rivets) they might just do it for free. It all depends.

But if you post a picture of the damage, I/We can give you a better assessment of what will happen.:smile:

Reactions: Mackswim
I recently purchased this off of Bonanzle....best offer of $150.00 and I could not help it. :graucho: I looked it over carefully when I received it today and it looks ok, but needs serious repair work. :smash: I've taken my Mono Speedy 30 to LV and had it repaired several years ago and it only ran about $80-$100 I think..so long I can't remember...anyhow. That came out like "brand spanking new"...and I only paid $200.00 for the Speedy from a good friend. :P

Well....I've taken some before photos of the bag and I am taking it to LV tomorrow (I have a LV Birth of Modern Luxury on hold..picking it up) so I'll kill two birds with one stone. Here are the before pics...and when she comes back in (Lord knows when that will be:shrugs:),,,,I will post the after pics.

Attachments

• Purse forum 255.jpg
    Purse forum 255.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,362
  • Purse forum 256.jpg
    Purse forum 256.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,356
  • Purse forum 257.jpg
    Purse forum 257.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4,248
  • Purse forum 258.jpg
    Purse forum 258.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,304
  • Purse forum 259.jpg
    Purse forum 259.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 4,340
Great buy, but I am not sure any LV will take it in for repair, they do have certain guidelines. How old is the bag? typically if the bag is older than 5+ years it is considered normal wear and tear and aging, not to be repaired. If the leather trim completely needs to be replaced they will suggest you just buy a new bag, they will not rip apart and repair an old bag, they do not consider that a repair. A repair is a detail that needs replaced like a tear in the leather piping or a handle defect etc. usually on a bag that is not highly used and worn out. From the pics of your bag, if might be wise to email pics to your SA at LV rather than risking the embarrassment of bringing it in and having them turn you away.

Great buy, but I am not sure any LV will take it in for repair, they do have certain guidelines. How old is the bag? typically if the bag is older than 5+ years it is considered normal wear and tear and aging, not to be repaired. If the leather trim completely needs to be replaced they will suggest you just buy a new bag, they will not rip apart and repair an old bag, they do not consider that a repair. A repair is a detail that needs replaced like a tear in the leather piping or a handle defect etc. usually on a bag that is not highly used and worn out. From the pics of your bag, if might be wise to email pics to your SA at LV rather than risking the embarrassment of bringing it in and having them turn you away.

The Speedy I had was in seriour repair also...the handles were almost dark and tearing. The piping was doing the same....it was over 10yrs old and it was repaired...I will let them look at it...and won't be embarrassed at all.

From my limited experience, no SA will comment on a bag without seeing it in real life. I took my LV to my local boutique - Manhattan PM - lets just say someone had deliberately pulled it open very very hard and broken the zip (the zip is very strong and there was no way it was "normal wear"). Anyway there was no problem, they took the bag, sent it to Paris (I am in the UK), and it came back looking new after the whole zip section had been taken off and replaced i.e a new zip rather than a repair. Cost about £60 i think. Of course they checked I was ok with the price before starting the repair (the bag was a mess so of course I said it was ok).