Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Thank you for your advise. It’s actually not particularly dry but it’s dark and uneven.
My only concern using a conditioner is to make it even darker
I have all these Collonil products, do you think one of these can help without darkening the handle?

View attachment 5751046
I use the leather gel but I think the best bet is to even out the handle to the other things. Do you prefer the brand new look of vachetta? I like a aged look so this wouldn't bother me as long as I could condition and even out the other parts of the bag. I don't use wipes on my bags like others recommend but I do use collonil on all leather items. I hope that you can find a easier method then replacing the handle.

I used the 99% pure Huggies that everyone is happy about
My handle was like new, with a very light even patina. I've had it for a while but I used it only 5 times gently. In the picture it doesn't look as bad as it actually is. I like my bags to be in pristine condition and now I don't really like the way it turned out. It's so much darker that the other vacchetta parts and not even at all.
I called LV customer service but they told me I should bring the bag to the nearest boutique. Unfortunately I won't be able to go before next week.
I don't know if I'm crazy to have it replaced. I wonder how much they charge for the handle.

View attachment 5750878
Any liquid / oil applied on vachetta leather will make it darker. I would not have it repaired, the cost of repair and time took out of use may not be worth for the resale value of the bag right now.

I use the leather gel but I think the best bet is to even out the handle to the other things. Do you prefer the brand new look of vachetta? I like a aged look so this wouldn't bother me as long as I could condition and even out the other parts of the bag. I don't use wipes on my bags like others recommend but I do use collonil on all leather items. I hope that you can find a easier method then replacing the handle.
I like the vacchetta to be either light or medium. I'm not too keen on the very dark look but if it comes slowly and evenly it's fine for me.
In my case it was a shock. From new to looking like a ten year old bag in 5 minutes. I really can't understand how everybody seems to use the Huggies baby wipes to even a stained vacchetta, when for me it stained and darkened an even and light one
Tomorrow I'll try to even out the handle.

Any liquid / oil applied on vachetta leather will make it darker, I would not have it repaired, the cost of repair may not be worth of the resale value of the bag.
You are right. I learned it the hard way. I still don't understand how there are a number of youtube videos where they use baby wipes on a new vacchetta and, after it dries, it's light and even.

You are right. I learned it the hard way. I still don't understand how there are a number of youtube videos where they use baby wipes on a new vacchetta and, after it dries, it's light and even.

I read and watched those type of videos too for years but I still don't dare to do that to any of my new bags, look, if my bags are brand new, why do I take risk of damaging them? in my very early years had LV bags, I read posts suggested use milk to clean off pen marks on vachetta leather, I did, and it made the problem worse, much worse. From then on, I don't "listen" to those advices unless it's a very used bag.

Hi everyone, I just got my montsouris mm back from LV... and thinking about send it back.

1. Not sure of what the name of this piece is but it secures the belt. It's in the wrong place....
2. This one is minimum but there is yellow string peeking out between the seams.
3. The glazing looks to be chipped or already coming off...

Sigh...
What would you do?

20230329_130951.jpg

20230329_131654.jpg

20230329_131002.jpg

20230329_131011.jpg

Hi everyone, I just got my montsouris mm back from LV... and thinking about send it back.

1. Not sure of what the name of this piece is but it secures the belt. It's in the wrong place....
2. This one is minimum but there is yellow string peeking out between the seams.

Sigh...
What would you do?

View attachment 5752024

View attachment 5752025

View attachment 5752026

View attachment 5752027
I could convince myself no to be mad about the 2nd and 3rd one, but the 1st is just funny. And there is no way for you to just move it from there. I'd send it back. And while they're at it, also they could at least take care of the 3rd one, since a 0 mile bag should not be like this.

I have no idea how it became like this… but while clearing my things out in the cosmetic pouch, I found a broken thread in the stitching.
5F24E67D-5F74-49E0-A6D9-FB8D885667A4.jpeg
I also had a broken thread in one of my strap.. should I just continue using or send it for repair?

917CAECE-22DC-49C5-8D66-DC263F31F91A.jpeg

I could convince myself no to be mad about the 2nd and 3rd one, but the 1st is just funny. And there is no way for you to just move it from there. I'd send it back. And while they're at it, also they could at least take care of the 3rd one, since a 0 mile bag should not be like this.
Thanks for your input. I agree with you. I really can't get over the 1st one. If I could take it out and switch it I so would. I was speechless when I noticed this..

Hopefully this will be a quick fix.

Sigh...
What would you do?

View attachment 5752024

View attachment 5752025

View attachment 5752026

View attachment 5752027
Sorry for your experience.... Do you mind sharing how much they charged you for the vachetta replacement? Thanks.

Sure! They quoted me back last October for 1140. It's been going up every few months.
Everything is going up, my local groceroy store has this super popular fried chicken, 10 years ago started like $5, then in the last two years has been up price like every few months, last week I bought 1, guess how much? over $17!! Groceries prices has been doubled from a few years ago, restaurants charges much more; even places order coffee etc asks you for tips; freaking thing goes up while resale market goes down and government ask for more tax and monitoring everyone for income over $600, normal people can't breathe any more.

Those repairs are so costy, I hope LV will help you to solve the issue.

Last edited:
Everything is going up, my local groceroy store has this super popular fried chicken, 10 years ago started like $5, then in the last two years has been up price like every few months, last week I bought 1, guess how much? over $17!! Groceries prices has been doubled from a few years ago, restaurants charges much more; even places order coffee etc asks you for tips; freaking thing goes up while resale market goes down and government ask for more tax and monitoring everyone for income over $600, normal people can't breathe any more.

Everything is going up while our wages stagnate for the worse of these times. I bought less. Actually I stop buying luxury after buying the Speedy. LOL

Thanks, I emailed them back and sent in pictures. I also called their repair service number. They'll get back to me within 48 hours. Let's see what they say.

I'm officially priced out of LV. With all the increased in prices it's way out of my budget range. I'll cherish the ones I currently own.

Yeah, it's crazy how the cost of living/inflation/food prices has increased prices. This may very well be an unpopular opinion but I don't agree with increasing the minimum wage... it's a domino affect. Increase wages are increases in expenses for businesses. In the end, it's an increase in product cost overall. It all trickles down back to the consumer. It's better to give new skills or trainings to workers to get a better job with higher wages. Okay rant over.