Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Don’t be down! (Though you never need an excuse to drink wine) You already got so lucky! It’s so, so rare that you and your cousin both got lottery appointments within 2-3 days of each other AND you got another leather appointment prior to winning THE LOTTERY! some people try for years and don’t get one. The Constance is a great bag and you are still walking away with one of your dream bags!! enjoy it and focus on the positives :smile:
Thanks @thebirkinqueen!
I told myself that although I didn’t managed to get a QB, getting the C18 is as awesome as it is because back in my home store, a Constance is considered a quota bag!
Also, to cheer others on, I got my first online lottery appointment on 12/5 which I couldn’t make it (I posted a question regarding this here earlier too) and they informed me that I could not reschedule. I tried my luck again ytd and was surprised I got the lottery appointment again, just 2 weeks after I got my first one!
To those who haven’t managed to get any, don’t give up!!

93F91AC3-5FB7-4182-9781-DF8D03FDD937.jpeg

Just an update for the H community here:
So I went back to the Sèvres store and looked for the same SA who told me to come back this afternoon and he offered me a C18 Gold Epsom Leather with GHW which is one my dream bag! Obviously I took it with NO hesitation!
Last evening, I received the text confirmation that I won the leather lottery appointment and was also offered the appointment at George V at 4.50pm.
Like what @NoKidsand3Handbags said, the SA asked for my wishlist, took it down earnestly and told me that she will go check her stock. After 10 minutes, she came back and said they had no B/K for today and they only had a garden party, a herbag, a Picotin 18 Daisy and a rouile (all of which were bags I did not like).
I left the store with disappointment as I was hoping I would get a QB but went off with none, BUT I guess I will say I was lucky to get offered a C18 in my dream specs!
I wouldn’t visit the George V store tho as thé SAs there aren’t as friendly or are willing to help as compared to the Sèvres store.
Alright, thanks guys for hearing my rant. Shall go order some wine to soothe my half broken soul.
Congrats on the C18, that’s amazing! The George V appointment experience was so disappointing. I might have to try for FSH next time or just hope my London wish gets fulfilled soon!

Reactions: chromemilou
Thanks @thebirkinqueen!
I told myself that although I didn’t managed to get a QB, getting the C18 is as awesome as it is because back in my home store, a Constance is considered a quota bag!
Also, to cheer others on, I got my first online lottery appointment on 12/5 which I couldn’t make it (I posted a question regarding this here earlier too) and they informed me that I could not reschedule. I tried my luck again ytd and was surprised I got the lottery appointment again, just 2 weeks after I got my first one!
To those who haven’t managed to get any, don’t give up!!

View attachment 5788892
Gorge!!! A Constance is a QB where I am too, so it’s still a huge win! Just because it’s not a QB in paris, doesn’t make it less special :heart:Think about how your spend can now go towards another qb you might have more input on back home. Better to get a bag that you actually wanted in a great combo vs maybe being offered a b or k that didn’t suit your preferences :smile:

Also you had incredible luck with the lottery! Between my DH and I, over several years, we have only ever gotten 1 appointment. Same with my friend and her DH - only 1 lottery appointment over 5 years and visiting paris twice a year.

Gorge!!! A Constance is a QB where I am too, so it’s still a huge win! Just because it’s not a QB in paris, doesn’t make it less special :heart:Think about how your spend can now go towards another qb you might have more input on back home. Better to get a bag that you actually wanted in a great combo vs maybe being offered a b or k that didn’t suit your preferences :smile:

Also you had incredible luck with the lottery! Between my DH and I, over several years, we have only ever gotten 1 appointment. Same with my friend and her DH - only 1 lottery appointment over 5 years and visiting paris twice a year.
You just made me feel a whole lot better!
My husband was just asking me if I would be happy if I was offered a B/K in dark green versus a C18 Gold and it is true that my heart wouldn’t sing if I were to get offered a B/K in the specs that I did not want.
On a brighter side, I have now my 3 holy grails of Hermes (B, K and C) and shall now work towards my next dream QB back in my home store!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever heard that most appointments and stock availability is in the beginning of the month at Hermes stores? I’m planning a trip and wondering what would be the best time to visit.
I tried to ask the George V SA this yesterday, but she wouldn’t give me a direct answer. All she told me was that August is the worst time to come. They shut down their factories for two weeks so there’s practically no stock. She said she doesn’t even have a Picotin to offer then usually.

I asked all 3 stores during my trip and they didn’t have any KTGs. On my actual birthday (last day in Paris), I was offered a KTG by a SA after seeing my passport. I guess they *might* have the stock, just that they are very selective on who to offer.
Seems increasingly difficult and I’m not sure if they require manager approval at George v and Sevres. Agreed that they are selective Re who gets one. Fsh should have more, especially if you’re open to exotics.

Was at FSH earlier today and enquired about the KTG and CTG and was told there were none.
However, they had the Constance slim but all in exotic leather (no normal leather apparently). A Croc Constance slim is currently €9700. I passed on it as the colors weren’t on the top of my list (they had bright yellow, orange, black, green and purple).
Asked for a rodeo and although the SA initially said they didn’t have any, she told me to wait and about 5 minutes later, brought me to a corner and offered me a PM rodeo (it was €550)!
Saw many many people asking for cancellations at both Sèvres and FSH and ALL were politely declined by the leather goods SA tending to the appointments.

Was at FSH earlier today and enquired about the KTG and CTG and was told there were none.
However, they had the Constance slim but all in exotic leather (no normal leather apparently). A Croc Constance slim is currently €9700. I passed on it as the colors weren’t on the top of my list (they had bright yellow, orange, black, green and purple).
Asked for a rodeo and although the SA initially said they didn’t have any, she told me to wait and about 5 minutes later, brought me to a corner and offered me a PM rodeo (it was €550)!
Saw many many people asking for cancellations at both Sèvres and FSH and ALL were politely declined by the leather goods SA tending to the appointments.

Congrats! Getting a Rodeo is actually pretty good already as many places don’t have that even!

It is also true that KTG and CTG is super hard to find and mostly need an SA to offer you after knowing you for awhile I guess. Just curious do you prefer CTG or KTG between the two? ☺️

Hi! Last time I was in Paris during my appointment I was able to get a Kelly 25. During the last minutes of the whole experience (I was one of the fortunate who had a great experience) the SA gave me her business card and said you can contact me here. Then I said your email is not here and she looked at it again and said oh this one doesn’t have my updated info. It has a “maroquinerie” under her name and the store number (she said I can leave a message there). She said to call her 2 weeks prior me going to Paris and she will find me the bag that I want or anything in other departments.
Since this is one of store’s numbers, should I call at the end of the day 1700 Paris time or before the store opens?