Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I have previously shared my story from my last trip to paris, but would like to comment on the KTG & CTG availability. I was in paris for 10 days and visited the store almost everyday, i ended up asking for KTG as i was not able to get an appointment, for few days it was always the same female SA and same answer no stock until feb. Two days before i left i went to store and saw the same SA and another male older SA, i waited until the previous SA was busy and approached the male and asked him for KTG. His answer was very clear if i have something in stock it will be either croc or ostrich and he pointed to the prices on display and said you can check the price and see if you can afford them and if so which one. lol i swear this was so offending and funny and the same time, I'm not sure how he judged me or on what, but who cares i really just ignored him and said i want the ostrich if its available. I ended up getting a black ostrich KTG, I wear its every single day and dont regret getting it. Just keep in mind that they always have stock for everything it just depends on the SA if they want to offer it to you or not.

I didn't have such a nice experience in Paris either yesterday. I tried all week, but was not able to score a leather appointment or any of the shoes I was interested in. I tried asking about the leather appointment anyway, which I understand was a long shot, but I feel like only at the George V store were they warm / polite in saying no. In general, I don't like shopping at FSH so much as I feel SAs often seem uninterested / too busy to help you and don't even bother checking for stock. There are some nice ones of course, but just one rude encounter kind of ruins the experience for me :sad:

Sorry not sure if this question would be better places in the Herbag chat, but I think it makes more sense here:

Would I have to have a leather appointment to get a Herbag in Paris or is this possible without one?
Hello @justdennis84,

As a general rule, I believe you will need to have a leather appointment to purchase a Herbag or any leather goods in either of the 3 branches in Paris.

However, you might be able to get the Herbag at CDG if they do have stock, or if you approach the leather desk hostess and inform them that you’re just interested in the Herbag and see if they would be willing to slot you in for a leather appointment to purchase your Herbag.

I Hope you get the Herbag that you are interested in and do keep our community updated!!

Hello @justdennis84,

As a general rule, I believe you will need to have a leather appointment to purchase a Herbag or any leather goods in either of the 3 branches in Paris.

However, you might be able to get the Herbag at CDG if they do have stock, or if you approach the leather desk hostess and inform them that you’re just interested in the Herbag and see if they would be willing to slot you in for a leather appointment to purchase your Herbag.

I Hope you get the Herbag that you are interested in and do keep our community updated!!
Thank you for your advise. I’ll keep you posted :smile:

Sorry not sure if this question would be better places in the Herbag chat, but I think it makes more sense here:

Would I have to have a leather appointment to get a Herbag in Paris or is this possible without one?
I went to FSH last November after no luck on getting leather appointment. I walked into the check-in desk and told them I was looking for Herbag. Waited for 15-20 minutes but they were able to give me an ‘appointment’ on the spot for herbag. Wishing you good luck!

Makes me wonder if I should have just supported my usual SA at the home store to clock my prespend instead of buying in Paris (albeit at a cheaper price
Agree that it is best to stick to one’s home store rather than luck or lottery.

ETa: while there can be cost savings in Paris, I absolutely will not wait to purchase an item there if I can get it immediately in my home store. There is no guarantee that what you are able to buy at home will be available on one’s next trip.

At least when I was there (first week of May), I asked for Chypre sandals at all 3 locations and was told they were out of stock. I didn't even see any display chypres on the floor. However, I was able to find a pair at the CDG airport hermes so don't forget to check there too. ;)
Thank you for this info! If anyone has been able to get a pair of Chypre sandals recently in Paris I’d be really interested to hear as I am flying on Friday..

Reactions: chromemilou
Came to Paris to celebrate my birthday with no intention to get near any H stores. I already have the bags I wanted and shouldn’t be looking for more.

Turns out I couldn’t help myself and as soon as I arrived I started trying the online appointments, with no success, of course.

Saturday afternoon I decided to go to FSH to browse, since they always have things I can’t find at my home store. No rush at all from my side because I didn’t want the H experience to hijack my celebration.

Right in the entrance I saw a very elegant gentleman: “Hi there! I’m in Paris to celebrate my birthday and couldn’t get a leather appointment online”. He says: “come with me, I’ll see what I can do”. He takes me to the leather appointment desk and the lady in charge tells me that she would find someone to help me in 30 min to an hour. Only then I gave her my passport and I immediately got the text message confirming the appointment.

I walked around for about 40 min and could only purchase a couple of enamel bracelets, since all departments were packed with people and no one available to assist. After that I got another message saying the SA was waiting for me.

I could see the SA was overwhelmed. It felt difficult to connect. He asked what I was looking for and I was quite specific: K25 or B25, light blue or light pink preferably with gold hardware. Maybe something neutral with rose gold.

He went for about 20 minutes and came back with 2 boxes. “I’m sorry we don’t have any B/K left today. We didn’t have shipments and the store has been busy all day.” This is a statement I have never believed and was the first time I’ve had it at FSH. Of course they have bags, maybe not enough to sell to me. He showed me a mini Bolide in celeste and a mini Jypsiere in mauve pale. “Sorry, not really what I had in mind.” He said he could probably find something on Tuesday but I explained I was leaving Monday.

He then asked if there was another model he could look for me. I didn’t want a Constance, so I never asked for it. I said: “bring me a baby blue or a light pink mini Evie and I will be happy”.

He came back with 2 boxes again. A Picotin Mauve Sylvestre, PHW, and a mini Evie Bleu pale, PHW. Both were gorgeous and I was torn.

“Maybe you have this mini Evie with gold hardware?” He opened his phone and literally read out loud to me all options of mini Evie they had. He did have the same with GHW. I got both Picotin and mini Evie and was fairly happy.

I just want to add that despite the fact that I was lucky enough to get the appointment on the spot and to be offered bags I liked, I’ve never felt so “not belonging” and I saw disappointed faces all over the place. Maybe we should really keep our purchases locally and try our best to connect to our own SAs.

In the last 2 months that I’ve been to FSH for a casual walk around, I’ve personally seen about 5-6 K28s been brought out for leather appointments or to pair with shopping. They ranged from Black, Blue, Purple etc GHW and one person was even offered 2 to choose 1.

Given that FSH is so not discreet in their appointments, everyone is just spying and looking around. I was there lurking as well just to see what was going on. I noticed many disappointments as well where people on desks around the floor were only offered Herbag or Garden Party. Saw an Ostrich Picotin come out and was rejected.

Overheard that several of these customers tell their story that they were in parts of Europe, booked appointments and flew in just for a hopeful chance.

FSH SAs are generally rude and poker faced. They definitely judge you and prepare like 1000 canned responses.

I would very much disagree with your assessment of FSH SAs. I have always found them to be pleasant and helpful, over the last 40 years of visiting yearly. Recently (a couple of years ago), even without an appointment, I was able to get a lovely Evie TPM just by asking. My focus is typically scarves/shawls, so that is what I like to spend time selecting. Asking about the Evie was part of a lovely conversation, and I was not surprised she responded in kind. I am only interested in under the radar bags, so that may have been helpful. I think FSH SA's are just so happy to be able to engage when BKC are not part of the discussion!

think FSH SA's are just so happy to be able to engage when BKC are not part of the discussion!
Agree :smile: FSH is my second boutique (Home boutique is NY), and I am fortunate enough to have obtained bags from both.

I would say that SAs generally, at FSH, NY, and elsewhere, are tired of hearing requests for BKC a million times a day. Various SAs have also told me how unpleasant customers can get if they cannot get a QB of their choice. In fact, an SA can spend hours helping a client, only to have the entire sale go down the drain if they are not authorized to offer a bag. I don’t approve of an SA being rude, but I do understand that an emphatic no, there are none available, can be taken amiss. I’ve also heard of customers screaming, wailing, and crying at SAs, and I have witnessed some of this myself, so a poker face is perhaps considered essential daily armor.

Even if you get a leather appt at FSH, you can ask for a BKC, but you aren’t entitled to one. Clients who are offered more than one BKC are either long-standing clients who have pre-scheduled appts; VIPs or high net worth clients; or, lucky at lottery. While there are bags in the back, there are not enough to meet demand. And, that is corporate policy, and not up to the individual SA, who is simply the bearer of bad news. I honestly don’t think that spending extreme amounts will get the average person what she wants either. FSH SAs have sales goals but do not work on commission as it is understood in the US.

If you feel like your trip to Paris was wasted without a BKC offer, I strongly suggest you cultivate your local SA. For most people, this is a faster, more certain route to a coveted bag. I personally would not purchase any item no matter how desirable from an SA that was rude or unwelcoming. It would ruin the experience of the item for me. JMO of course.

ETA: I am not a VIP, but I do understand that VIPs will get offers that not open to me. Hermes is a business, and treating VIPs extremely well is very good for the bottom line.

Last edited:
Thank you for this info! If anyone has been able to get a pair of Chypre sandals recently in Paris I’d be really interested to hear as I am flying on Friday..
I got a pair at FSH on Wednesday in vert jade- so it is possible! The SAs take you away from the shoe section to show you the sandals away from the crowd of people. Also…I literally just flew back home today from CDG. They have beige leather Chypres and the shearling versions too! Unfortunately, the leather ones weren’t available in my size….