Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Reading all the comments here i am excited to visit again in july but am realistic I may not get an appointment. For shoes is it as busy for men’s shoes?

For petit h in store is it the same selection as online?
DH didn’t think it was as busy in men’s shoes and RTW. I would go in the am weekday if possible.

Sevres, I think, has a lot more petite H
@QuelleFromage would know if she sees this tag.

I have been through all lately replies and I don t agree with most of them ...

- YES you can score QB and even more than 1 with "0 pre spend" and only the prior QB in your purchase history ...
- YES you can get 2 QBs with only few weeks/months apart
- YES you can be offered 2 QB during same appointment (but can buy only one and then other NQB)
- NO you dont have to be VIPs or High spend clients to get what you want ...
- YES they ALWAYS have stock, when they say "we dont have" it's "we dont have *for you*"
- NO you dont have to dress up or pretend to be ultra rich to get a QB
- NO you dont have to spend xxxxx in RTW to get a QB

With Hermes the only constant is : There is none haha.
If the SA you are assigned to : is in the mood, likes you, has still some QB to assign for the day : you will be lucky.

I have witness a very wide variety of stories, successful or unsuccessful and my conclusion is : there is absolutely nothing to highlight as a rule.
Only one thing : people that are not friendly and treat the SA quite bad, wont leave with the QB of their dream.

My personal experience with no pre send or very minimal at Paris (less than 1K) :

- Got Lucky 2x at walk in appts FSH and Sevres : no bags, not even a NQB
- Took me 100x attempts to get a Lottery one : Georges V, was offered a B30 Sellier, neutral red color
- Try 3months later for another apt : Lucky at first try : was offered a K28 retourne, neutral color

My home store is with "Wishlist" and both hubby and I were successful to get QB's, hubby with 0 spend and myself with low to medium spend.

Just sharing that to encourage people currently in the process of getting a QB : nothing is written in advance :smile: you can be unsuccessful day 1 and successful day 10 without any change.

I bought the Evie a couple of years ago. I was at FSH 4 weeks ago, same lovely experience.
I agree with @frenchgirl . While my experience at FSH is very limited (only twice in the last year, October and February), I’ve only had pleasant experiences. I’ve posted previously about my trip in February, but everyone I met from the doorman, shoe SA, belt SA, FJ jewelry SA, RTW SAs (2 different ones on 2 different days), leather SA, homewares SA, and the Floor Manager were all lovely, helpful, and warm. I did not meet a snooty or rude SA. They took their time with us, showed us everything we asked for, and the Floor Manager even gave us a beautiful bouquet of flowers because we were there to celebrate our anniversary. The FJ SA (who I had met during my prior visit) held some items for me before my visit and she said she had to get permission from her manager to do that since they’re not allowed to hold items anymore. She also introduced me to her friend/colleague in RTW who was amazing. Even though they are department specific, she came with us to RTW I think just to hang out and helped me with making decisions. It was really fun and a very nice experience. They both gave me their WhatsApp numbers and I’ve kept in touch with them and both have helped me source items not available in the US. My RTW SA does work in different departments and he always texts me back the same day. He takes the time to look up inventory and even ordered a couple of FW items in my size for me. Sometimes if it’s particularly busy in the boutique, like it was last Friday, he was not able to get back to me that day with something but he texted me to let me know he would do it later this week during a time when the boutique is not so busy, which I appreciated. I’m not VIP and while I have a healthy spend in the US, my purchase history at FSH is fairly new (less than a year), and not really that impressive as far as spend (no furniture for sure!) I think he’s just a great SA and a nice person and goes out of his way to help his clients. The homewares SA we met was actually expecting, and she even offered to walk us over to the St Louis boutique down the street because FSH didn’t have the glasses we were looking for. That’s above and beyond! (We declined her kind offer and walked over ourselves.) Btw the SAs at St Louis were very helpful as well, and their stock of glassware was much better than FSH for anyone interested. It doesn’t go towards your purchase history at FSH but I wanted a certain color and didn’t mind.

I’ve attached a photo of us with the Floor Manager with the flowers and my 2 boxes (I got a B30 sellier in etoupe GHW- exactly what I asked for and a surprise mini Jypsiere in beton GHW). As some have mentioned, the offer was done in a private place. For us, it was a small room on the second floor by the shoes. It wasn’t super fancy or anything, but it was private. After payment, we had them send it to our hotel. Also when my leather SA came back with the boxes, he actually asked me if I wanted to take a video of him unboxing it!! I was surprised because I had read previously that they didn’t allow videos. He made a show of it too! He gave me his email (not WhatsApp number) and said to contact him before my next visit. I’m not expecting much because we are going in August when stock is low and I’m half expecting him to ghost me like what happened to @LilyLA . I’ve gotten my share of bags this year so I won’t be too upset and I’ll enjoy being in Paris with my family and I’ll still stop by to catch up with my RTW and FJ SA’s. Sorry again for another long post but I wanted to add to the convo since I’ve had and continue to have a nice relationship with FSH SAs. :flowers:
e7a9cfff-a1a2-4fa0-911b-4cf77986ece4.jpeg

Reading all the comments here i am excited to visit again in july but am realistic I may not get an appointment. For shoes is it as busy for men’s shoes?

DH didn’t think it was as busy in men’s shoes and RTW. I would go in the am weekday if possible.

Sevres, I think, has a lot more petite H
@QuelleFromage would know if she sees this tag.
Sèvres is the home store for the petit h universe so it does indeed have the widest selection of petit h, including in-store experiences and crafting. It's pretty fun.
Sometimes online is best if you are looking for one exact specific petit h thing, but Sèvres has a LOT (way more than FSH) and there's always more in the drawers!

Sèvres is the home store for the petit h universe so it does indeed have the widest selection of petit h, including in-store experiences and crafting. It's pretty fun.
Sometimes online is best if you are looking for one exact specific petit h thing, but Sèvres has a LOT (way more than FSH) and there's always more in the drawers!
Thank you so much and the only problem with petit h online is I can choose my colour combos but I will have to weigh it against trying in July when supply may be down.

Go to Severes for Petit H - the selection is not the same as on the website but they often have things that are not on the website. When I was there in April I picked up several items from Petit H including a beautiful cashmere cape (one side) and silk on the other that was exclusive to Sevres and not available on line. The SA's are very friendly and they are happy to bring out stock from the back so you can pick the exact item that you want. They can also order things from the website or from the warehouse for you to look at if you are going to be staying for a few days. Enjoy Paris!

For petit h I always go to Sevres as it is their permanent base. DH and I have found many nice things and we continue to do so almost each visit. The SAs are so lovely and one lady in particular is very well known even to the SAs at the 2 other Paris stores. They have a lot more than online, the range is likely the biggest in the world apart from when it goes to a certain store in a certain country as a temporary popup event. Then they also have special country exclusives.
I am rather particular and would rather select my unique piece in the colour combo most pleasing to me and QC it myself as opposed to relying on dot com staff and then going through the hassle of returns.

Last edited:
Go to Severes for Petit H - the selection is not the same as on the website but they often have things that are not on the website. When I was there in April I picked up several items from Petit H including a beautiful cashmere cape (one side) and silk on the other that was exclusive to Sevres and not available on line. The SA's are very friendly and they are happy to bring out stock from the back so you can pick the exact item that you want. They can also order things from the website or from the warehouse for you to look at if you are going to be staying for a few days. Enjoy Paris!
Thank you so much and my plan is to go the second day(we arrive july 14 so nothing will be open). I will be in paris for 8 nights so hopefully that will be enough time to order from the warehouse.

Reactions: Genie27 and 880
very minimal at Paris

my purchase history at FSH is fairly new (less than a year), and not really that impressive as far as spend
Agree that you do not need high prespend for Paris, but I do think you need some good fortune to develop the right relationships. I have low prespend at FSH in three trips in 2022 and 2023 (not for lack of tdying). I really wanted two pieces of RTW in the last two trips, and both times the SA and tailor discouraged me from buying bc neither piece could be made to fit and flatter, in their opinion, not mine. During the three trips, I accepted two of three QB offers and a two non QB offers, and also been offered a horizon opportunity at FSH.

Hi All - I was in Paris few days ago for long weekend and had an amazing time in Paris! Love it sooo much! However, did not have any luck with trying to score bag of my dreams from H boutique though stopped by at least once a day. Sometimes was just dismissed directly immediately and occasionally had some luck and probably could have gotten a non-QB bag or maybe a QB if was more open, but was pretty specific in what I was looking for. Seems like they don't have much flexibility in ability to offer a QB bag unless you have an official appt or are super-VIP. That being said, met a few lovely SAs and did score some items that I love and am excited about (Kelly doll charm, Oz mules, belt and some ties for hubby) including from non-H stores (shoes, clothes), so had a lovely time! Sad that all the hype has made H become such a zoo in Paris, but it has made me especially grateful for my relationship with my SA at my home store. Appreciate her all the more now!

Wanted to share my recent experince. Was in Paris for a week (reigstered daily) and didnt get an appointment until the day I was leaving. Not sure if it was because I purchased a scarf and some pegase charms over 3 days, but I was able to score a K28! Although not my first colour choice but definitely a nice color! I had a really great experience with the staff duribg my smaller purchases also. Great experience overall!

20230531_105755.jpg

Wanted to share my recent experince. Was in Paris for a week (reigstered daily) and didnt get an appointment until the day I was leaving. Not sure if it was because I purchased a scarf and some pegase charms over 3 days, but I was able to score a K28! Although not my first colour choice but definitely a nice color! I had a really great experience with the staff duribg my smaller purchases also. Great experience overall!

View attachment 5794669
I love both the charm colour and bag. Congratulations on the nice souvenir.