Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I’m just wondering. Could they have a computer algorithm such that after so many tries you’re still in Paris, they can infer you’re a local. Hence as a local you should play the ‘Hermes journey’ game just like everyone else in the world? Find an sa, build relationship, etc? Maybe I’m overthinking as Hermes is not that strong in their digital and data infrastructure. But if I were their digital officer , I would totally build such an algorithm. :P
You might be right :smile: as in 1 of my appointments, the SA frankly told me that I buy too many of the same categories...and not in other housewares.....so, she said I need to start buying dishes LOL.
but then, in that same appointment, she showed me an exotic bag that is way higher price than any bags I was looking for (so, she could be saying, if you want a bag, either buy this super high price version in exotic or none at all unless you start serving your family in Hermes dishes LOL :-P
The H game is very confusing. I am glad my goals are almost done (except 2 more bags) before I retire from the game hee hee.
as the other items I like are just SLG, so, not as hard to get.

You might be right :smile: as in 1 of my appointments, the SA frankly told me that I buy too many of the same categories...and not in other housewares.....so, she said I need to start buying dishes LOL.
but then, in that same appointment, she showed me an exotic bag that is way higher price than any bags I was looking for (so, she could be saying, if you want a bag, either buy this super high price version in exotic or none at all unless you start serving your family in Hermes dishes LOL :-P
The H game is very confusing. I am glad my goals are almost done (except 2 more bags) before I retire from the game hee hee.
as the other items I like are just SLG, so, not as hard to get.
I do feel like my stock went up when I bought a tea set LOL :lol: Although, I'm not French by birth (and my French is super accented), so anything I buy that's homewares etc. reminds the store that I am local.

I’m just wondering. Could they have a computer algorithm such that after so many tries you’re still in Paris, they can infer you’re a local. Hence as a local you should play the ‘Hermes journey’ game just like everyone else in the world? Find an sa, build relationship, etc? Maybe I’m overthinking as Hermes is not that strong in their digital and data infrastructure. But if I were their digital officer , I would totally build such an algorithm. :P

So funny, my husband also thinks there's some kind of algorithm also, although we can't figure it out. We were in Paris in November for more than 2 weeks and both of us applied every day but no go. Then we were back end of January/early February for a week and he got a leather appointment on the second try. I definitely do not fall in the Hermes big spender, especially in Paris, so I know it's not that. Kind of fun that Hermes keeps us all guessing.

Reactions: needlv and gi201
So funny, my husband also thinks there's some kind of algorithm also, although we can't figure it out. We were in Paris in November for more than 2 weeks and both of us applied every day but no go. Then we were back end of January/early February for a week and he got a leather appointment on the second try. I definitely do not fall in the Hermes big spender, especially in Paris, so I know it's not that. Kind of fun that Hermes keeps us all guessing.
I was able to get the appointment thru the system not being physically in Paris although I was in EU and I was applying for almost a year system is very random and It’s more like lottery.

You know what? I thought the same thing about a 100 times. How can they have such a bad online presence? So ancient and outdated. Who on earth is taking care of their Internet footprint? Must be the least competent person on the planet.
I was joking to my friend that there is an intern pulling the application data every night. Into Excel. Then using some randomisation formula to pick the lucky ones. Those get the confirmation emails first. Via mail merge. Then the rejection ones get theirs as well. Via Mail merge and the intern’s computer is so overloaded from the x0,000s of emails that some only arrive the next day :lol:

When you don’t get any email at all it means the intern has a sick day. Someone else sends the confirmations and that must be sufficient in that situation ;)

Just speculation, but wouldn’t be surprised if that is exactly how it is. Because they can. People will buy, no matter how bad their (lack of) IT is.

I was joking to my friend that there is an intern pulling the application data every night. Into Excel. Then using some randomisation formula to pick the lucky ones. Those get the confirmation emails first. Via mail merge. Then the rejection ones get theirs as well. Via Mail merge and the intern’s computer is so overloaded from the x0,000s of emails that some only arrive the next day :lol:

When you don’t get any email at all it means the intern has a sick day. Someone else sends the confirmations and that must be sufficient in that situation ;)

Just speculation, but wouldn’t be surprised if that is exactly how it is. Because they can. People will buy, no matter how bad their (lack of) IT is.

Sadly the same case with their customer service. No matter how rude and snobbish their SAs are, people will still beg for bags