Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Honestly I’m getting quite frustrated, it’s been over 3 months since me and my partner started to apply everyday for the leather appointment with no luck :sad: I do have purchase history in Paris, my partner doesn’t and still none of us can get the appointment.. it seems to be super hard and since walk in appointments are not a thing anymore I’m starting to think that I should just stop and just give up on having my dream bag from Paris :sad:
Have you thought about going to the appt concierge ( perhaps mid morning weekday when there is no one anround) and explaining that you’ve tried for three months straight and you are worried that you might be blocked somehow? Or the next time you are there, asking an SA to intercede for you? I may be mistaken, but I thought @Ruedubac or another member here was able to get an appt this way? (Apologies if my memory is faulty)

Have you thought about going to the appt concierge ( perhaps mid morning weekday when there is no one anround) and explaining that you’ve tried for three months straight and you are worried that you might be blocked somehow? Or the next time you are there, asking an SA to intercede for you? I may be mistaken, but I thought @Ruedubac or another member here was able to get an appt this way? (Apologies if my memory is faulty)
Thank you for your comment:smile: I’ve tried to ask an SA at Sevres but he told me to better try to get myself on the wish list at my home store (which I’ve done months ago).. I didn’t spend huge amount of money so probably that’s why I wasn’t considered to get an offer in Paris. I’ve seen myself a lady who got offered Birkin 25 after she bought lots of ready to wear for herself and her husband. it seems like you either need a leather appointment or try to spend lots of money and hope for the best..

Hello friends,
I have been trying to secure an online appointment for 2 months. I apply almost every single day (with only a few exceptional days) and got only rejections so far. I am almost a regular at the FSH store. I was there this October and got rejected at the boutique as well. Has anyone experienced a similar number of rejections? I find it really odd because in the past it took max 10 days to secure an appointment. I do have an SA who has assissted me and gave me her business card but when I asked her about this she told me that online system is the only way (which we know is not true lol). I bought a Kelly to go in Etoupe this February but decided to sell in on Vestiare because I have a Kelly 25 in Etoupe. Is it possible that I am considered as a reseller and that’s why I am blocked somehow maybe? Should I remove my listing…

Hello friends,
I have been trying to secure an online appointment for 2 months. I apply almost every single day (with only a few exceptional days) and got only rejections so far. I am almost a regular at the FSH store. I was there this October and got rejected at the boutique as well. Has anyone experienced a similar number of rejections? I find it really odd because in the past it took max 10 days to secure an appointment. I do have an SA who has assissted me and gave me her business card but when I asked her about this she told me that online system is the only way (which we know is not true lol). I bought a Kelly to go in Etoupe this February but decided to sell in on Vestiare because I have a Kelly 25 in Etoupe. Is it possible that I am considered as a reseller and that’s why I am blocked somehow maybe? Should I remove my listing…
Hi, I’m in very similar position as you are, have been trying for at least 3 months nearly everyday with no luck. My partner did exactly the same thing with also no luck.
Honestly I don’t think they would identify you as a reseller, I don’t think they are checking reselling websites, they would have to have an entire team chasing and checking people details which is not entirely allowed in EU. I never sold anything from Hermes and still can’t get the appointment thru their system..

I was in Paris last week and applied five times for a leather appointment and was rejected five times. But I asked for a Constance as a walk in and shockingly they said they could accommodate me. A lovely SA asked what I wanted - neutral color like Craie, gold, etoupe with a preference for gold hardware — and offered exactly that. Constance 24 etoupe gold hardware!

It may helped that I purchased some scarves earlier in the week, but the whole process is a mystery to me. I feel very lucky and love my new bag!

View attachment 5658428
Who did you ask?

Just got back from a trip to Paris. I tried four times to get a lottery appointment, but no luck. Nonetheless, I visited the various Hermès boutiques on Fri, Sat, Mon, and Tue.

I visited Faubourg and Sèvres on Friday and Saturday, and it was very busy, especially the scarves section. At Faubourg on Friday, I saw an older male client being shown what appeared to be a B25, a B30, and a B35. What a lucky guy!

I managed to get a very nice SA to help me in the men’s RTW section at the Sèvres store on Friday. Made some purchases, then asked the SA if he could help me get a leather appointment. He said it’s full Friday and Saturday, but told me to text him on Monday and Tuesday to see if there will be cancellations. I didn’t get a response from him, though.

On Monday, I visited all stores, and it was again surprisingly busy. Faubourg was busiest, followed by George V, and Sèvres. I went to the leather appointments desk at all three stores to see if there are any cancellations, but their default responses were 1) they’re full, 2) try again next time, or 3) they just hand you the card w/ the QR code to online appointments. I bought a pair of shoes at Faubourg and a bracelet at George V, and both times asked the SA if they could help me out with appointments. Both times the SAs deferred to the unhelpful appointments desk LOL.

In Sèvres, I did strike up a convo w/ an SA at the home section, who told me it’s usually “sereine” in the morning in Sèvres immediately right after they open. So the next day, Tuesday morning (my last day in Paris), I headed to Sèvres and was at the door at 10:30 a.m. sharp. It was sereine indeed! I walked down to the leather appointments desk, where there were already a few leather SAs standing (maybe waiting to be paired up w/ their client appointments?).

Before I could speak with the leather appointments desk person, I was intercepted by one of the leather SAs who asked me how he could help me. I told him that I didn’t have an appointment, but wanted to see if I could get leather goods nonetheless. He then asked, “Que désirez-vous, Monsieur?“ My heart skipped a beat. I then went on with my spiel about wanting a B35 or a K32/35 — something bigger that adapts well to my proportion. Did not mention any color, leather, nor construction preferences. He then said, “Let me see what I can do.” He asked me to wait and sit at one of the high-boys by the bag-display section. Before proceeding to the backroom, he asked for my name and looked up my profile.

I waited for about 10 - 15 minutes. He came out empty-handed and very nicely told me that, unfortunately, there were no large bags available at the moment and encouraged me to try Faubourg. I tried negotiating a bit (LOL) for a smaller bag, if no large bags were available, and he replied that it would be complicated to get offered one w/o an appointment. I thanked him for indulging me and heeded his advice to head to Faubourg, where, by the time I arrived, leather SAs were busy and it was impossible to flag one down for help.

Now I wonder: why did the nice leather SA at Sèvres not offer me a bag? Is it because my spend was not high enough to be offered one w/o an appointment? And had I gone to Faubourg right when they open, instead of Sèvres, could a leather SA there have helped me out, even without an appointment? Hmmm.

Hi, just wanted to ask, did any of you tried booming an appointment with your child's passport details too or only adults ones? Thought of trying since my child is with me on this trip too. Thanks!

You can run a search on this issue, as it has been raised before. I recall another post stating that the child has to be 18 in order to get VAT back. Also has to pay with her own CC. But, here is one response:

I dont think that’s allowed as the passport holder has to be the one that pays for the bag.

Also, I recall reading somewhere about a woman and her young daughter who both got appointments on the same day. However when they got to FSH, the host said the daughter was too young, so they were only allowed one appointment.

I am really curious about being blocked if you don't show up or do they not accept more submissions for a time? I have a trip coming up and would like to try for the lottery on my day of arrival, but if I get an early appointment I won't be able to make it.