Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I have not been to Paris in 5 looooong years! And yet my first trip to FSH feels like yesterday. :heart: I know things have changed with appt times and what not but my main question is---

Does anyone recall if early May is a good time to go? Or am I running the risk of low stock (beyond Covid related issues) like fashion week or anything like that? We arrive April 30th.

Also is any day typically better than others, we are flexible. We will have full days Saturday through Wednesday. Thanks for your assistance!

I have not been to Paris in 5 looooong years! And yet my first trip to FSH feels like yesterday. :heart: I know things have changed with appt times and what not but my main question is---

Does anyone recall if early May is a good time to go? Or am I running the risk of low stock (beyond Covid related issues) like fashion week or anything like that? We arrive April 30th.

Also is any day typically better than others, we are flexible. We will have full days Saturday through Wednesday. Thanks for your assistance!

i personally avoid fashion week only

They generally don't get stock Saturdays, so I think Monday - Friday is probably better.

Reactions: GigiPickles
With all these VIPs wandering around, has anyone noticed any signs of envy among the SAs? It's been 3 years since I've been in France -- my first trips. At FSH, I shopped in multiple departments but my SA brought me over to those departments and made introductions. When my SA was called away for a bit and I asked what was the price of a beautiful toolbox, the resident SA wouldn't tell me. Perhaps a person is expected to deal with their own SA as much as possible?

Another incident had to do with no longer getting L'Monde d'Hermes. My SA took me to the person who registered or created a profile for that. (I've been shopping at H for about 30 years so why do I need registering?). After I returned home, I never received another L'Monde. (Is it still being published?).

I had just retired so each FSH was a splurge for me each time which I "justified" by the fact that I hadn't been to the local H or any other for 3 years before I surfaced in France. (The local H had moved and completely changed staff & manager and I hadn't found a good fit with an SA).

Well, SAs are human but I think attitude is out of place at FSH. I've seen a bit of envy and competitiveness among SA's at NM, but that's small potatoes compared with what I saw at FSH.

Another incident had to do with no longer getting L'Monde d'Hermes. My SA took me to the person who registered or created a profile for that. (I've been shopping at H for about 30 years so why do I need registering?). After I returned home, I never received another L'Monde. (Is it still being published?).

It's still being published. The last one I received was A/W 2021.

I haven't personally noticed/witnessed this type of envy among SA's in Paris!

I’ve made several orders over the phone with my SA and was never put on the list for le monde d’hermes.
I had to ask the SA to include one on my last package

Reactions: eagle1002us
I think SAs prefer to deal with their own clientele groups so there is even distribution of customer requests and not all go to one or two SAs. It’s not also nice for customers to be transferred from one SA to another all the time.

Reactions: eagle1002us
I may have missed this but am new to purseforum and new-ish to Hermes. I'm planning a trip to Paris this July and really hoping to score my first B (30 or 25), K (28 o 25) or one of each if that's even possible.

I have a few questions as I'm planning things out and figure this community is the best place to ask, thanks for any help, tips, you can offer :smile:

Does anyone happen to know:

- The current prices of any of those bags (in swift leather, togo or epsom)?

- How many people are allowed in each appointment?

-If there are any limits on the amounts or types of bags one can get on vacation to Paris?

I may have missed this but am new to purseforum and new-ish to Hermes. I'm planning a trip to Paris this July and really hoping to score my first B (30 or 25), K (28 o 25) or one of each if that's even possible.

I have a few questions as I'm planning things out and figure this community is the best place to ask, thanks for any help, tips, you can offer :smile:

Does anyone happen to know:

- The current prices of any of those bags (in swift leather, togo or epsom)?

- How many people are allowed in each appointment?

-If there are any limits on the amounts or types of bags one can get on vacation to Paris?

1. You can look at the Euro ones in those leathers in these threads:

2022 Bag Prices:
2021 Bag Prices:

2. I don't think they technically care how many people are allowed in each appointment - such as you can bring your husband, your kids, your friend, etc. But only the person with the appointment typically can purchase a bag during the appointment.

3. They typically only offer you 1 B or K. But there are exceptions for regular clients, and typically you get offered max 2 B or K a year. As for the other bags, they don't usually have limits but it seems like the stock was low all of last fall so maybe they won't offer you multiples. Depends on the supply and demand and possibly your profile.

Thank you so much!

This is incredibly helpful and I think I'll keep my fingers crossed until July that I'm offered one!

Cheers!

1. You can look at the Euro ones in those leathers in these threads:

2022 Bag Prices:
2021 Bag Prices:

2. I don't think they technically care how many people are allowed in each appointment - such as you can bring your husband, your kids, your friend, etc. But only the person with the appointment typically can purchase a bag during the appointment.

3. They typically only offer you 1 B or K. But there are exceptions for regular clients, and typically you get offered max 2 B or K a year. As for the other bags, they don't usually have limits but it seems like the stock was low all of last fall so maybe they won't offer you multiples. Depends on the supply and demand and possibly your profile.

Hi!
I wanted to share with you my experience in the Sèvres boutique. I was in Paris to visit my family for the holidays and paid a visit to this boutique. I had 2 SAs there so it is my preferred place to shop H items.

I stayed in Paris from Jan 5 to 9. So I really needed some luck to book an appointment in the leather department. Luckily I got one on my first attempt with the website. I must say this system is a nightmare. Once you got the appointment the scheduled time can change without you noticing it. Mine changed 6 times! Ranging from 2:00PM to 5:00PM. My advice: do not plan anything else on the day of your appointment!
Anyway, I arrived and was told to wait. Also was told my SAs were not working there anymore. I waited in a super comfortable leather chair for about 30 minutes. Then a young man came and enquire about the bags I would like. I was looking for an Evelyne PM in clemence leather, no light colors and no neutrals. After listing the colors I was interested in, he left and reappeared 5 minutes later with 3 boxes (OMG OMG OMG!!). He offered me an Evelyne in mauve sylvestre but the color was too light for my taste, a Mosaïque in bleu mykonos and a Halzan 31 in bleu nuit (so gorgeous). After trying on the 3 bags, I told him I wanted to see other colors for the Evelyne bag. He came back few minutes later with 4 boxes (again OMG OMG OMG). All were Evelyne: clemence cuivre, barenia faubourg ebene, clemence bambou and maurice bleu de France. All were stunning! Especially the barenia faubourg one but I wanted color so I took the bleu de France Evelyne. I love this color! It is my first maurice leather bag. It looks almost the same as clemence leather but with more structure.

I was already really happy with my purchase but I wanted to try my luck at the CDG airport just before taking my plane. I visited the boutique and met lovely SAs. They have really limited stock because they were waiting for the new season items. But I asked for Evelyne PM again (I know but I love this bag) and got offered one in bleu frida clemence leather. Such a beautiful color! I took it instantly. For your information they also had this bag in etoupe, black and bleu du nord. I also asked about twillys for my Lindy but they only had 3 different styles. Very limited!
I took my flight with 2 new bags! I added some pics for the color comparison.
Thank you for letting me share!

Bleu de France Bleu Frida
tempImageNLEf1d.jpg tempImagew9wLCT.jpg