Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I just got back from Paris a few days ago and wanted to share my experience, apologies as this will be a bit long as I want to include as many details as possible because I find them helpful from other members!

Me and 3 of my friends decided to take a short trip to Paris for Hermes and fun. This is not our first time in Paris so we were not looking to do touristy stuff but at the same time if we didn't score at Hermes we would enjoy Paris and console ourselves with Laduree. lol. Basically a trip to Paris will never disappoint!

Some background:
I scored my first H bag last year when I was in Paris for my wedding. I got a K32 Gris Mouette and posted my experience here. I have since diligently followed this thread since to keep updated with what's going on at FSH. I couldn't believe how crazy the lines got since I was able to get my appointment just coming to the right when it opened back in August 2016. Of course since then there's been the switch to online which I'll get into in a bit.

Out of my friends another one had scored a K32 last year as well. Both of us had a little purchase history before our offers but nothing significant. Meaning we had bought some scarves and accessories, nothing like RTW or jewellery. My other friend had no purchase history and the other had just bought some twillies before.

When I got my Kelly my SA never offered her card and I forgot to ask. My friend who also got a Kelly did get her SA's card so she emailed asking for an appointment. She didn't get back to her until 3 weeks later so we all had thought she had been ignored. Might be that they were waiting till closer to when you want to come to arrange something. So she was able to make an appointment directly with her SA. I decided to try also since the email is just a general one for the store on the cards and I remembered the name of my SA as it was more unique. My SA replied after a couple days saying they changed the system and I had to make an appointment online so basically I couldn't get a direct appointment much to my disappointment.

So me and my 2 other friends decided to try online for appointments for the first day we arrived which was a Friday. None of us got an appointment. I decided to email my SA again and tell her I was unable to get an appointment, would she be able to still see me. Surprisingly she told me yes come around 4 pm and I'll try to fit you in!

My friend's appointment was also around the same time so we paired off to our respective appointments. It took an hour before my SA could see me but luckily we were offered a place to sit upstairs near the private room where offers were shown. I wasn't really sure my SA would remember me but she said she remembered my face. When she arrived she asked if I had made an appointment for Saturday (bad sign) I said no, she said I should. So I proceeded to tell her what I was looking for, a B30 in etoupe, etain or any dark neutral, the colours I didn't like and I would consider a K28 if it had gold hardware. Mainly on the hunt for B since I don't yet own one. She said she thinks stock is super low for my items but she would check but she wasn't hopeful. She returned after a bit and confirmed no B or K in the specs I wanted and that unfortunately she couldn't give me another direct appointment tomorrow and I would need to do it online. She explained that if every SA took direct appointments then they have no time to take the online ones. I was disappointed but thanked her for her time. Sidenote: I speak French so all our emails were in French and we conversed in French during our appointment as well.

My friend on the other hand was very similar to mine as we were looking for similar items and she was also told no stock almost right away. But her SA booked her in for another appointment the next day (Saturday) right away. So this is really at the discretion of each SA.

So again me and my other 2 friends tried to get an appointment online for Saturday. I was actually surprised I managed to get an appointment for 2:30 pm!! But my friends were unable to get appointments again.

To be continued... with a happy ending!! :smile:

My appointment for Saturday was set for 2:30 pm, but it changed to 1:50 when I checked around 12:30. Suddenly at 12:45 ish a msg came through that my SA was ready to see me! I literally ran out of our air bnb which was luckily super close to FSH. When I arrived I requested my SA but unfortunately she was leaving for the day or something and she couldn't see me. I was asked to wait a few minutes for another text when my new SA would be ready. Didn't wait long before I was summoned back and met my new SA. She was very nice but didn't give me her name right away so don't be alarmed if that happens.

We sat down and I explained how I got my K32 gris mouette the year before (I brought my K as I heard they liked to see you still have the bag, ie. not a reseller) and I was looking for a B, my colour preferences and that I wanted GHW. She asked if there were other items I was interested in, I said some shoes for me and my husband and a shawl. She asked me if I lived in Paris as I spoke French very well. I took this as a good sign!! :biggrin: Anyways she left and returned after 15 minutes with a large box!! I was beyond excited. We went into the same room I got my K last year which I mentioned to her and she said well perhaps this is your happy place. I said yes hope so!!

Anyways she opens the box and says I hope you will be pleased as she pulled out a B30 in Etain with PHW!!!! OMG!!!! So not GHW but at this point who cares. lol! She also brought a fourbi but I already got one the year before.

Obviously I took it and proceeded to get the other items on my list. She brought everything to me in the room (twillies, oran sandals and izmir sandals for DH) except for the shawls which we went downstairs for.

My friend was in her appointment at the exact same time and was shown a B30 in a copper/toffee colour that she didn't like unfortunately. However, her SA found for her a K32 in Blue Zanzibar with PHW! Thankfully otherwise she said I stole her bag as I was offered the B30 Etain just a few minutes before her B30 offer. hahaha.

My other friends finally both managed to get an appointments for Monday. So perhaps 3rd time's a charm? Unfortunately they were not offered any B, K or C and were shown other bags instead which they declined. They were also asked if they were interested in other things so perhaps if they were willing to do some significant prespending bags would appear? Hard to say! But a friend was shown a croc Constance wallet! lol. perhaps they wanted to test how high roller you are?

will post pics shortly!!

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

IMG_1507865268.965511.jpg
IMG_1507865285.027388.jpg

with some twillies I got

IMG_1507865331.370899.jpg
IMG_1507865343.238932.jpg
IMG_1507865355.823856.jpg

My friends K32 Blue Zanzibar PHW

IMG_1507865467.607344.jpg

Hopefully we can all return so our other friends can score their dream bags too!!

Also as I told her etoupe was my first choice she told me that it is being "rested" right now. so not necessarily discontinued but there aren't etoupe bags this season. it's such a classic so i hope it comes back soon. Etoupe and GHW is literally my HG!

Good luck to all those going to FSH soon and congrats to all the ladies who scored lately!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Hopefully we can all return so our other friends can score their dream bags too!!

Also as I told her etoupe was my first choice she told me that it is being "rested" right now. so not necessarily discontinued but there aren't etoupe bags this season. it's such a classic so i hope it comes back soon. Etoupe and GHW is literally my HG!

Good luck to all those going to FSH soon and congrats to all the ladies who scored lately!! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Congrats!! It's so lovely, fate was def on your side[emoji1]

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story!! The bags are stunning!!

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Congratulations. This beauty is such a classic! Thank you for sharing your detailed story. Wear her in good health :smile:

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Congratulations! You got beautiful bags. I hope your other friends receive another chance to get their dream bags :smile:

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Very nice bag and twilly.

Will etoupe be rested for all bags or just B?

Reactions: cherylc
My appointment for Saturday was set for 2:30 pm, but it changed to 1:50 when I checked around 12:30. Suddenly at 12:45 ish a msg came through that my SA was ready to see me! I literally ran out of our air bnb which was luckily super close to FSH. When I arrived I requested my SA but unfortunately she was leaving for the day or something and she couldn't see me. I was asked to wait a few minutes for another text when my new SA would be ready. Didn't wait long before I was summoned back and met my new SA. She was very nice but didn't give me her name right away so don't be alarmed if that happens.

We sat down and I explained how I got my K32 gris mouette the year before (I brought my K as I heard they liked to see you still have the bag, ie. not a reseller) and I was looking for a B, my colour preferences and that I wanted GHW. She asked if there were other items I was interested in, I said some shoes for me and my husband and a shawl. She asked me if I lived in Paris as I spoke French very well. I took this as a good sign!! :biggrin: Anyways she left and returned after 15 minutes with a large box!! I was beyond excited. We went into the same room I got my K last year which I mentioned to her and she said well perhaps this is your happy place. I said yes hope so!!

Anyways she opens the box and says I hope you will be pleased as she pulled out a B30 in Etain with PHW!!!! OMG!!!! So not GHW but at this point who cares. lol! She also brought a fourbi but I already got one the year before.

Obviously I took it and proceeded to get the other items on my list. She brought everything to me in the room (twillies, oran sandals and izmir sandals for DH) except for the shawls which we went downstairs for.

My friend was in her appointment at the exact same time and was shown a B30 in a copper/toffee colour that she didn't like unfortunately. However, her SA found for her a K32 in Blue Zanzibar with PHW! Thankfully otherwise she said I stole her bag as I was offered the B30 Etain just a few minutes before her B30 offer. hahaha.

My other friends finally both managed to get an appointments for Monday. So perhaps 3rd time's a charm? Unfortunately they were not offered any B, K or C and were shown other bags instead which they declined. They were also asked if they were interested in other things so perhaps if they were willing to do some significant prespending bags would appear? Hard to say! But a friend was shown a croc Constance wallet! lol. perhaps they wanted to test how high roller you are?

will post pics shortly!!
Thanks for the info! Today I had an appt but was offered b35 which I wasn’t interested in - wanted b30. I signed up again for an appt tomorrow, hope I’ll be lucky like you

Here she is!!

B30 Etain PHW

View attachment 3850883
View attachment 3850884

with some twillies I got

View attachment 3850885
View attachment 3850886
View attachment 3850887

View attachment 3850889

Congratulations to you and to your friends on scoring such gorgeous bags! It's a wonderful story. I hope that your friends have good luck at the next appointment!

Reactions: ammo0298