Neverfull drama!

When I opened this thread up, I too, like many other members on here expected something completely different (i.e. damage to the OP's Neverfull). I know there are plenty of threads on here mentioning how common the NF is and how it is seen on the arms of many people -- that may deter some people and that is perfectly fine; everyone is entitled to their opinions and I stand by that 100%. My issue with this thread is that comes off as judgmental towards those that wear LV (or any designer bags for that matter) casually. Personally, I like to dress both up and down. I've worn my Chanel Maxi Classic Flap with pajama pants and ugg boots one time -- does it make me a trashy person? I don't think so -- it just meant that I was cramping in my legs and I wanted to dress comfortably that day. I also have some eclectic taste in clothing (bold prints, graphics, images) and love to cross gender lines frequently because I dress for me and nobody else. Case in point, I probably wouldn't fit the typical archetype for a luxury handbag carrier. Doesn't mean I am a bad or trashy person. In fact, it doesn't say anything about who I am (or who anybody else is) at all. At the end of the day, a handbag is a material object, not a character witness nor is it any indication of wealth or status (anybody can swipe a credit card). Therefore, this line of thinking (calling certain LV owners trashy based upon differing apparel tastes) is certainly a logical fallacy in and of itself. Furthermore, ever hear of the expression "things may not always be as they seem"? Someone that looks docile and appears friendly could be one of the most vile persons you could come across. Want to know if a person is trashy or not, get them to start opening their mouths and listen to them and their life stories before calling judgment.

As for wearing booty shorts with the NF, I hate to burst your bubble, but the Neverfull was never a dressy bag to begin with. It is essentially a casual tote, very lightweight and leisurely. A lot of shopper totes are as well (save for a few) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that as I own the DA one myself. I take it to all sorts of casual events and places-- vacations, the mall, school, the gay pride parade, you name it. In my opinion, this is the perfect bag to be paired with shorts on a beach boardwalk. It isn't trashy, I see it as more of a norm to wear the bag that way. By the way, I do think you're overreacting to the booty short incident because a lot of people do wear them, especially down in warmer climates and I highly doubt you saw her lady parts. Some men wear speedos too and I could care less, personally. Furthermore, people do have unnoticed wardrobe malfunctions, it happens to all of us myself included. I also never quite understood the high and mighty attitude that some people have towards the way other people present themselves. In my opinion, the only person you should be worrying about is yourself and how you go about each day. I don't even notice things like this and have better things to worry about than someone rubbing their bare butt cheeks on the side of their LV bag. I'm always looking to better myself and further myself in this world and improve who I am as a human being. I make myself #1 and I do not preoccupy myself with strangers I don't know. I suggest you do the same and focus on you, instead of getting upset about some random person wearing the same thing as you. Sorry, just my honest opinion and nothing personal against you.

As for selling, to answer your question, I would only do so if you don't like the actual design of the bag itself. I sold my NF GM in mono because it no longer fits my frame as I have lost over 100 + pounds and I bought and still own my NF MM in DA and proudly rock it from time to time. Selling bags is an arduous and cumbersome process for many and most of the times you don't make your money back after all is said and done. I echo the other poster's sentiments saying that you should consider getting a mon mono NF, as this makes the bag a lot more unique; however, before you do any of that, I would learn to be comfortable carrying the design at first instead of being self conscious about it or else you might end up selling in the future.

I'm going to end this by saying one thing -- just focus on yourself. To put it bluntly, this thread was unnecessary and distasteful in a few ways. I don't believe you meant it that way and I can chock it up to you having a bad day; however, worrying about small things such as these will only hinder your own advancement in the future and shine a negative light on you that will only drive others away from you. I don't think you are a bad person at all, just learn from this thread and best of luck moving forward.

Hi! It's OT, but congrats on losing those pounds!

I'll try to make this rant short... Yesterday I was at the international mall in Tampa fl... I literally counted 30+ Neverfulls, and I lost track of how many speedy' sand other LV bags [emoji20]

The range of women were from business women, soccer moms, young single girls, and a staggering amount of trash (idk how else to describe it, but everyone has an idea of what trash looks like)... Anyways it got so bad that even my husband stated to point them out.

I've always loved the Neverfull, my casual kinda throw around bag, but after yesterday I kind of want to sell it. I've heard it referred to as "the basic b*tch bag", which has always bothered me because 1000$ for a bag is anything but basic in my opinion, I work damn hard for my bags [emoji58] & YouTube hasn't helped at all!!

I know I'm all over the place, I'm just trying to express my annoyance, it's hard for me to enjoy LV at all anymore because it's everywhere, and it clearly doesn't represent class anymore. My husband says to branch out into other brands, has anyone else done this for the same reason??

This is a first for me. I've never heard of the NF being referred to as the Basic B bag. I live in the Washington, DC area and NF's and Speedy's are in abundance. I choose not to purchase either of them because I see them a lot. I still admire them when I see them out and about, but I've decided that those particular style of bags are just not for me (at least not right now.....I'll never say never). If you are that unhappy with bag then just sell it. You can go to another brand, but you'll probably end up running into the same thing. Even with Chanel bags. Chanel is more expensive than LV, but for some of us it is obtainable. if you check out youtube you'll see that a lot of people own Chanel now (business women, soccer moms, etc...

p.s. The trashy comment was really uncalled for.

Wow. OP, if your choice of an LV is dependent on how many you see OR how those owners are dressed, then perhaps you need to reflect on your OWN shallowness and the real reason you want to own an LV. I couldn't care LESS about how many Neverfulls, Speedys, Retiros, etc. I see out there. I only care about what I like and what suits me. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy hell some of you women are WAY to into your feelings!! I was simply stating MY annoyance at the chic with her vagina hanging out having the same bag as me. I do believe it is MY right to feel this way! I will never claim to be above anyone because I'm not, and I'm definitely far from wealthy.
:shocked:

We all judge. Now everyone is judging the OP for judging. I'm sure the OP did see some questionably dressed people. Just let OP think what she wants whether you agree or disagree.
I think that the OP posted this to start up some drama - heck, it's even in the thread's title. One does not simply just kick a hornet's nest and then ask what they think.

Reactions: Baglady777
Is the Neverful a useful tote? I guess so (don't own one personally) but there are a thousand(s) other useful totes out there as well.
I prefer to try to choose the ones that fly a bit under the radar. They're the ones that get noticed most in a positive way:cool:

Never purse can put a personality - not a LV, Birkin, Dior or what else. If you are in love with a purse than it is how it is. And it is no matter if you are rich or work hard or you are a housewife. All womens here in the forum and many of the world love purses and all they want enjoy, not more. No matter what designer or not. Please feel good. Sell your NF when you dislike her or love her and enjoy and looked at the womens with a winking eye;)PRoblems of the world are so big - not this.