Neverfull drama!

Holy hell some of you women are WAY to into your feelings!! I was simply stating MY annoyance at the chic with her vagina hanging out having the same bag as me. I do believe it is MY right to feel this way! I will never claim to be above anyone because I'm not, and I'm definitely far from wealthy.

With everything going on in the world right now --Nice, Bangladesh, Baton Rouge, Turkey-- please just take a moment to be grateful that your biggest problem is someone else's vagina.

@applecidered I share your lack of love for the NF. But... just to clarify, Louis Vuitton bags have been "mass produced" for decades. Only the trunks and special pieces are made in the romanticized Louis Vuitton atelier in Asnières. However, mass production has nothing to do with the level of quality.

Here are some thoughts about this thread:

For many years now, the NF has been a huge success for Louis Vuitton, and with success comes a flooded market. What is one to do? I can't dump my iphone or my new beetle just because others own them!

It's interesting that OP bought a NF, and fell out of love with it once she saw it on people she does not want to be associated with or that she does not want to be identified with. Obviously, the people she encountered at the mall that day did not meet her expectations of whom should or should not be carrying a NF. Therefore, her own self-image was affected, she did not want to be "one of them." It goes back to the idea that we dress to signal that we belong to a tribe (the myth of "I dress for myself" is a total illusion), and nothing is more unsettling than seeing our "codes" adopted by other "tribes." Today, these codes---used to communicate our ideal self to the world around us---reside primarily in handbags, shoes, and accessories because even most wealthy people have adopted the fast-fashion menu for clothing (how often do you see a lady wearing a Zara dress with an expensive handbag and designer shoes? That's the new norm!).

And just a reminder OP: we are always someone else's "basic b*tch" !

I had 2 Neverfulls. I sold them because they were everywhere and I wanted to be different. I Re-bought one because I missed it so much, and I am considering another. My DH and I go to Las Vegas A LOT. I see many "ladies of the evening" carrying LV. Sometimes they are carrying a nicer one than I am. I know this is what they are because they've actually propositioned my husband. I could care less what bag they have, how they are dressed etc. It does not change how I feel about LV or my LV's. Perhaps you are still quite young and still not sure of who you are? If you love something who cares who else has it? Be sure of yourself and don't worry about others. [emoji4]

I'll try to make this rant short... Yesterday I was at the international mall in Tampa fl... I literally counted 30+ Neverfulls, and I lost track of how many speedy' sand other LV bags [emoji20]

The range of women were from business women, soccer moms, young single girls, and a staggering amount of trash (idk how else to describe it, but everyone has an idea of what trash looks like)... Anyways it got so bad that even my husband stated to point them out.

I've always loved the Neverfull, my casual kinda throw around bag, but after yesterday I kind of want to sell it. I've heard it referred to as "the basic b*tch bag", which has always bothered me because 1000$ for a bag is anything but basic in my opinion, I work damn hard for my bags [emoji58] & YouTube hasn't helped at all!!

I know I'm all over the place, I'm just trying to express my annoyance, it's hard for me to enjoy LV at all anymore because it's everywhere, and it clearly doesn't represent class anymore. My husband says to branch out into other brands, has anyone else done this for the same reason??
Rather than switching to another brand if you really love LV, perhaps you could move away from canvas bags altogether and switch to the all leather lines that LV carries? Moving to other brands is also an option, but not sure it solves the problem entirely due to the proliferation of fakes out there.

Holy hell some of you women are WAY to into your feelings!! I was simply stating MY annoyance at the chic with her vagina hanging out having the same bag as me. I do believe it is MY right to feel this way! I will never claim to be above anyone because I'm not, and I'm definitely far from wealthy.

It's absolutely 100% your right to feel that way. That's the beauty of this country we live in. Also part of that same beauty is MY right to think that your words make YOU far more trashy than any of the people you're referring to in your original post. You clearly believe that "class" is worn on the outside, when in reality, true class is all about what's INSIDE. You, my dear, need to worry less about the outsides and more about the insides. Of course, that's just how I feel...and I have the right to.

Nf is not even cheap anymore with price at 1600... I guess people can afford to buy it regardless of the price. They like the style and function not just because its less expensive than others.

The range of women were from business women, soccer moms, young single girls, and a staggering amount of trash (idk how else to describe it, but everyone has an idea of what trash looks like)... Anyways it got so bad that even my husband stated to point them out. --- you were not just refering to one chick but generalizing all kinds of women carrying the bag as trash...