Neverfull drama!

YIKES...you are the problem. LET WOMEN WEAR WHATEVER THEY WANT!!!! Calling them trash is so disrespectful, we don't know what struggles they go through, so calling them trash is uncalled for.

Also it is just a vagina! If you're so terrified by seeing one ((if you could even see it)) then idk how you deal with your own vagina lol ((assuming you are a women from your profile picture))

I'm not here to severely bash you, or call you names in the same way you called those women you saw today, but it is upsetting to see that women still face so much judgement now...it is 2016...can we please move on from policing the way women want to carry themselves?

Here is a good way to use for your LV Neverfull if you don't want to sell it, put it over your head...you might want to hide after saying all those hurtful and rude things.

It's kinda hilarious that the last thread OP started is about her going out to LV dressed "looking like hell" LOL, maybe she's messing with us.

And one of her first posts was a request for authentication of the pre-owned neverfull she suspected was not real. At first I was a little upset by the judgement of OP but now it all seems funny. I feel bad that poor Tampa is getting drug down by this - Gasparilla is really fun!

Oh dear I go to this mall quite often I hope I'm not the one that looked like trash... I have 2 kids and by the time I get them both ready I tend to grab whatever I can to wear. I do notice that at this mall lots of women love the neverfull. I own two also one mon mono and one is the IKAT grand bleu I feel like it makes it different from the traditional neverfulls hope this eases ur mind a little.

Recently I went into the store and the SA was so snooty with me. She made me so mad. I seriously almost bought a speedy just to show her that, yes, I do have money to buy something. I was so upset.

Now I get it. I now think that she looked at me and was irked that I had the nerve to think I was good enough to carry it. Well, I don't look like trash, but I don't put on a bunch of nice designer stuff to go out and run errands.

I am educated. I work hard. I earn money and pay bills and mortgage just like any other woman. Who does she think she is as a woman who works at a store to treat me like I was out of place?

Oh, no. She is no better than me or any potential customer who would buy a neverfull, etc.

Reactions: daysha
So... We tell her is wrong to judge other people but now we are judging her? :confused1: Let's continue writing about our favorite handbags in other threads.

We are judging her poor and unacceptable behavior that should be made right. She was judging others for no reason. There is a difference.

@OP...you seem like a kind person who has great taste in bags (I LOVE the Neverfull!), people say dumb sh*t and make mistakes...I understand that, but be humble with what you have. Don't worry about who else is wearing what you have and who isn't. Everyone deserves to be treated with basic human dignity and respect regardless of what they wear and how they carry themselves, so calling someone "trash" and "basic" is very rude imo. People are just people! Let them be, you staying happy will make others happy.

Nothing looks better paired with a Neverfull than a smile. Stay positive and please don't judge.

View attachment 3412796
View attachment 3412797 here they are! My lovelies maybe you should sell the one you have and buy one that you can personalize [emoji4]

These NFs are lovely! I am with you, My_vo. I thought OP ought to consider getting a Mon monogram NF if she doesn't want to have the same tote as others in the mall.

I'm the opposite, I smile when I see NFs! For some reason, seeing someone carry mono canvas makes me happy. :amuse:

@applecidered I share your lack of love for the NF. But... just to clarify, Louis Vuitton bags have been "mass produced" for decades. Only the trunks and special pieces are made in the romanticized Louis Vuitton atelier in Asnières. However, mass production has nothing to do with the level of quality.

Here are some thoughts about this thread:

For many years now, the NF has been a huge success for Louis Vuitton, and with success comes a flooded market. What is one to do? I can't dump my iphone or my new beetle just because others own them!

It's interesting that OP bought a NF, and fell out of love with it once she saw it on people she does not want to be associated with or that she does not want to be identified with. Obviously, the people she encountered at the mall that day did not meet her expectations of whom should or should not be carrying a NF. Therefore, her own self-image was affected, she did not want to be "one of them." It goes back to the idea that we dress to signal that we belong to a tribe (the myth of "I dress for myself" is a total illusion), and nothing is more unsettling than seeing our "codes" adopted by other "tribes." Today, these codes---used to communicate our ideal self to the world around us---reside primarily in handbags, shoes, and accessories because even most wealthy people have adopted the fast-fashion menu for clothing (how often do you see a lady wearing a Zara dress with an expensive handbag and designer shoes? That's the new norm!).

And just a reminder OP: we are always someone else's "basic b*tch" !

OT but I'd love to know what your academic discipline is (sounds social science/ ethnographic research background but I could be way off :smile:

as for the topic of the thread, I have stated elsewhere that I personally am not getting a Neverfull because about 60% of my female students is carrying either a real or a fake, and while I see its practicality it is just my personal need to set myself apart from students, especially because in terms of clothing I don't often (love my jeans) - so except when you look at my face (which tells you I am no longer 20) I could be too easily mistaken for one of them - hence accessories and jewellery to make me look the part ;)

I also agree with fabuleux, our wardrobe choices mostly signal how we want to be perceived - I am fully aware of me doing it and I completely choose my wardrobe according to these signals - I think it is important in a professional environment anyway. however I have seen ladies with extremely revealing and extremely covering clothing wear all sorts of bags, be it NF, Chanel Boy or flap, H kelly or birkin, and I would not sell my bags just because of someone's choices. lots of people having the bag does not affects its prestige IMO, neither does it affect the quality (companies' greed does however).
a bag is just one part of dressing, the whole outfit tells a different story and the NF can be styled very cool that will give off an amazing vibe IMO. the instagramer/youtuber heyyjune frequently shares how she styles hers and I quite love her style. so perhaps it helps to look at people you will enjoy seeing carrying the bag

When I opened this thread up, I too, like many other members on here expected something completely different (i.e. damage to the OP's Neverfull). I know there are plenty of threads on here mentioning how common the NF is and how it is seen on the arms of many people -- that may deter some people and that is perfectly fine; everyone is entitled to their opinions and I stand by that 100%. My issue with this thread is that comes off as judgmental towards those that wear LV (or any designer bags for that matter) casually. Personally, I like to dress both up and down. I've worn my Chanel Maxi Classic Flap with pajama pants and ugg boots one time -- does it make me a trashy person? I don't think so -- it just meant that I was cramping in my legs and I wanted to dress comfortably that day. I also have some eclectic taste in clothing (bold prints, graphics, images) and love to cross gender lines frequently because I dress for me and nobody else. Case in point, I probably wouldn't fit the typical archetype for a luxury handbag carrier. Doesn't mean I am a bad or trashy person. In fact, it doesn't say anything about who I am (or who anybody else is) at all. At the end of the day, a handbag is a material object, not a character witness nor is it any indication of wealth or status (anybody can swipe a credit card). Therefore, this line of thinking (calling certain LV owners trashy based upon differing apparel tastes) is certainly a logical fallacy in and of itself. Furthermore, ever hear of the expression "things may not always be as they seem"? Someone that looks docile and appears friendly could be one of the most vile persons you could come across. Want to know if a person is trashy or not, get them to start opening their mouths and listen to them and their life stories before calling judgment.

As for wearing booty shorts with the NF, I hate to burst your bubble, but the Neverfull was never a dressy bag to begin with. It is essentially a casual tote, very lightweight and leisurely. A lot of shopper totes are as well (save for a few) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that as I own the DA one myself. I take it to all sorts of casual events and places-- vacations, the mall, school, the gay pride parade, you name it. In my opinion, this is the perfect bag to be paired with shorts on a beach boardwalk. It isn't trashy, I see it as more of a norm to wear the bag that way. By the way, I do think you're overreacting to the booty short incident because a lot of people do wear them, especially down in warmer climates and I highly doubt you saw her lady parts. Some men wear speedos too and I could care less, personally. Furthermore, people do have unnoticed wardrobe malfunctions, it happens to all of us myself included. I also never quite understood the high and mighty attitude that some people have towards the way other people present themselves. In my opinion, the only person you should be worrying about is yourself and how you go about each day. I don't even notice things like this and have better things to worry about than someone rubbing their bare butt cheeks on the side of their LV bag. I'm always looking to better myself and further myself in this world and improve who I am as a human being. I make myself #1 and I do not preoccupy myself with strangers I don't know. I suggest you do the same and focus on you, instead of getting upset about some random person wearing the same thing as you. Sorry, just my honest opinion and nothing personal against you.

As for selling, to answer your question, I would only do so if you don't like the actual design of the bag itself. I sold my NF GM in mono because it no longer fits my frame as I have lost over 100 + pounds and I bought and still own my NF MM in DA and proudly rock it from time to time. Selling bags is an arduous and cumbersome process for many and most of the times you don't make your money back after all is said and done. I echo the other poster's sentiments saying that you should consider getting a mon mono NF, as this makes the bag a lot more unique; however, before you do any of that, I would learn to be comfortable carrying the design at first instead of being self conscious about it or else you might end up selling in the future.

I'm going to end this by saying one thing -- just focus on yourself. To put it bluntly, this thread was unnecessary and distasteful in a few ways. I don't believe you meant it that way and I can chock it up to you having a bad day; however, worrying about small things such as these will only hinder your own advancement in the future and shine a negative light on you that will only drive others away from you. I don't think you are a bad person at all, just learn from this thread and best of luck moving forward.