* My OLD SCHOOL Collection Reveal*

Eekk.. It doesn't seem fair to tax you for a violin that is not new.

Nice to see you rocking your White BBW in France! Let us know if you see any other RMs in France.

I love the picture with the church!

Thanks, Tastan :heart: I know! It's not fair and it's against the law to tax foreigners, non-French-residents. Since my visa states my stay of less than 1 year (364 days), they are not allowed to tax me. They did it anyway b/c on the spot they knew I wouldn't leave my violin there for "further investigation." It sucked so bad to be me that day. Right off the plane after a long delayed flight, saying goodbye to my family in America, worrying about my pets the whole time, I find this lovely welcome awaiting me. They were searching through all my stuff. They didn't even bother searching my husband, which I found to be quite strange. Good thing they didn't look inside the one carry-on with all my RMs. They wouldn't have hesitated to tax me some more.

Oh I am so France-sick....lucky lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little thought for you, axcelle, to help you reminisce. :heart:
I swear, the clouds look different here.... Hubby and I drove down to Avignon this past weekend and the scenery was incredible. The castles and monasteries in the distance, the prairies with different shades of green, the white cows, cyprus and olive trees, lavender fields, sunflowers, and.... McDrives! No wonder so many countries reside in and have fought for such a space, the land is just breathtaking!

CH4 - I love your collection! For some reason I thought you had more bags, did you sell or is this the lucky selection that gets to come to France with you? So how are your pets doing? Did you get to take them as well? That's one thing that worries me about moving abroad again someday... I can't leave my pup behind. :cry:

Thanks, MayBabe! :heart: I love RM classics. They're what hooked me to the designer. I'd see my collection as perfect if I could find a couple of particular bags down the road. For now, I am very very content!

Thanks, confusionmonkey! :heart: I do have a couple more MACs, a Rose, and a No Strings Satchel. But you're right, this is just the old school collection I'm showing. I managed to bring everything except the Rose and the NSS.
Thanks for asking about my pets! They are all here with us and well. I was so worried about them on the flight. I knew Garfield would be surfing the whole time and Jenny would pretend it wasn't happening, and Odie would have a bet with himself on how much he could expel from his body. They were a nervous wreck by the time we got to customs, then the customs nightmare came for 2.5 hours... Of around 14 hours of traveling (3 hours of waiting + 8 hours of flight + 2.5 hours of customs), my dogs hadn't had accidents in their crates, but Odie the cat had done everything in his crate.
Where we live, there is a large yard with apple, pear, and peach trees. My dogs love to run around in the yard with the resident dog, a lab, the gardener's dog. My cat remains an indoor cat and he sunbathes all day. But wow, there are so many spiders here. Not my type of pet.

While waiting... Some photos at my mom-in-law's place:

3769547709_6521cf9b8f.jpg
3770347756_9fe27182d2.jpg
3770347994_78c446c282.jpg
With Garfield
3769548375_099a1a550f.jpg
With Jenny
3770348488_67d809ca73.jpg
3769548657_af148ceff3.jpg
3769548755_6299b2cd5c.jpg

Just a little thought for you, axcelle, to help you reminisce. :heart:
I swear, the clouds look different here.... Hubby and I drove down to Avignon this past weekend and the scenery was incredible. The castles and monasteries in the distance, the prairies with different shades of green, the white cows, cyprus and olive trees, lavender fields, sunflowers, and.... McDrives! No wonder so many countries reside in and have fought for such a space, the land is just breathtaking!

You paint amazing word pictures :smile:

:nuts: Hey girly!!! You've been missed :hugs: Glad you finally have internet, and OMG! I don't think I've ever seen a full pic of you. You're absolutely GORGEOUS. That totally sucks about the taxes. They don't make moving easy these days :sad:

You look great, and all these photos are awesome! So glad you are enjoying France. I'm SOOO jealous!~

Thanks, ladies! :heart: We're getting settled into our rental home and finally got internet today!! Man, was I going through MAJOR TPF withdrawal. Aside from missing my family and friends, everything is well, except we got charged a very large amount of money for bringing my violin to France. Import taxes nearly made us broke. We're appealing this thing b/c it is preposterous to tax non-residents and those with one year visas. HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!

Here are a couple of pics of moi & WBW MAB at Château de Fontainebleau: *note: this is not where we are staying! LoL

3766965030_f0037465ac.jpg
3766965176_f015829b02.jpg

Thanks, Tastan :heart: I know! It's not fair and it's against the law to tax foreigners, non-French-residents. Since my visa states my stay of less than 1 year (364 days), they are not allowed to tax me. They did it anyway b/c on the spot they knew I wouldn't leave my violin there for "further investigation." It sucked so bad to be me that day. Right off the plane after a long delayed flight, saying goodbye to my family in America, worrying about my pets the whole time, I find this lovely welcome awaiting me. They were searching through all my stuff. They didn't even bother searching my husband, which I found to be quite strange. Good thing they didn't look inside the one carry-on with all my RMs. They wouldn't have hesitated to tax me some more.

:hugs: So sorry you had to deal with that.