Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Does anyone find this bag difficult to open and close? Am debating between Herbag and Lady Dior (very different I know), and I’m worried this aspect of the bag will become a major pain.

Does anyone find this bag difficult to open and close? Am debating between Herbag and Lady Dior (very different I know), and I’m worried this aspect of the bag will become a major pain.

Yeah it’s a little fiddly. It’s the straps, they get a bit caught up and if you are trying to be careful it can take some time to do it back up.

Reactions: Ceeyahd
Thanks for your reply! Because of this, do you completely close up the bag every time you go in and out of it, or do you carry it partially open?

I tend to partially close it - the round “stopper” holds in place through the ring and the leather, it doesn’t need the straps to interlock to keep it shut (which tends to be the fiddly bit for me). So the straps kinda just stick out.

Like the photo :smile:FCEC10A5-A466-43EC-83CB-96C4D1094B68.jpg

I tend to partially close it - the round “stopper” holds in place through the ring and the leather, it doesn’t need the straps to interlock to keep it shut (which tends to be the fiddly bit for me). So the straps kinda just stick out.

Like the photo :smile:View attachment 4229892
I love the way this looks! This is probably what I would do most of the time to be honest. Do you find that the weight from the top handle pulls the leather in the circle without the reinforcement from the side straps?

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I love the way this looks! This is probably what I would do most of the time to be honest. Do you find that the weight from the top handle pulls the leather in the circle without the reinforcement from the side straps?

No not at all. There’s like a bit under the stopper that sticks out and it kinda hooks the leather (there’s an indentation mark on the leather where the metal presses against it) which stops any pulling as such. I can’t explain it very well! The only thing that pulls is if you have quite heavy things in the bag and then the canvas kinda sags but I have a Samorga insert in my bag that helps the canvas retain its shape and helps keep the bag cleaner.

Oh also, the top handle is connected to the metal rod so it’s not directly connected to the leather flap (don’t know the technical name of it!), so the top handle can’t pull on the leather cut out circle or anything else.

Hi CC! So unlike the Kelly, whose top handle is directly attached to the top leather flap, the Herbag's top handle is actually attached to a metal rod running through the underside of the top flap, making for better weight distribution regardless of if you buckle the sangles or not.
The bag is actually pretty easy to close, but ironically easier to do up when you're carrying it on your shoulder than if it was just sat down. However, it's pretty hard to close up for me when I have a Rodeo on it.

No not at all. There’s like a bit under the stopper that sticks out and it kinda hooks the leather (there’s an indentation mark on the leather where the metal presses against it) which stops any pulling as such. I can’t explain it very well! The only thing that pulls is if you have quite heavy things in the bag and then the canvas kinda sags but I have a Samorga insert in my bag that helps the canvas retain its shape and helps keep the bag cleaner
Did your Samorga insert arrive? Do you have pics, as I'm also considering getting one? Or did I somehow miss the ones you posted?

Did your Samorga insert arrive? Do you have pics, as I'm also considering getting one? Or did I somehow miss the ones you posted?

Hi lovely!

Yes it arrived, I posted a couple of rubbish photos!

Basically I love it - gives structure to the canvas and helps keep my bag organised and clean so the inside canvas doesn’t get wrecked!

You can see that it can now stand up on its own without collapsing on itself too much.

Definitely recommend getting one!

IMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_0215.jpg

No not at all. There’s like a bit under the stopper that sticks out and it kinda hooks the leather (there’s an indentation mark on the leather where the metal presses against it) which stops any pulling as such. I can’t explain it very well! The only thing that pulls is if you have quite heavy things in the bag and then the canvas kinda sags but I have a Samorga insert in my bag that helps the canvas retain its shape and helps keep the bag cleaner.

Oh also, the top handle is connected to the metal rod so it’s not directly connected to the leather flap (don’t know the technical name of it!), so the top handle can’t pull on the leather cut out circle or anything else.

Hi CC! So unlike the Kelly, whose top handle is directly attached to the top leather flap, the Herbag's top handle is actually attached to a metal rod running through the underside of the top flap, making for better weight distribution regardless of if you buckle the sangles or not.
The bag is actually pretty easy to close, but ironically easier to do up when you're carrying it on your shoulder than if it was just sat down. However, it's pretty hard to close up for me when I have a Rodeo on it.

This is a much better design than the Kelly, I think! I haven't studied the construction of the bag that thoroughly yet. I'm torn between getting the all black coated canvas version or the traditional colored canvas with contrasting leather top. Decisions, decisions...

This is a much better design than the Kelly, I think! I haven't studied the construction of the bag that thoroughly yet. I'm torn between getting the all black coated canvas version or the traditional colored canvas with contrasting leather top. Decisions, decisions...
So as someone who has both the Lady Dior and a Herbag, the two are so different. Being that the Herbag is so much more casual than the LD, I suggest you explore getting the traditional contrast leather/canvas for that pop of color to your look.
Unless you plan on using it for work (like I do), in which case I bought a neutral bleu indigo/etoupe combo.

Reactions: PetiteAsian
So as someone who has both the Lady Dior and a Herbag, the two are so different. Being that the Herbag is so much more casual than the LD, I suggest you explore getting the traditional contrast leather/canvas for that pop of color to your look.
Unless you plan on using it for work (like I do), in which case I bought a neutral bleu indigo/etoupe combo.
I would like to use it both for work and casually on weekends!

Reactions: Ceeyahd