Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

Hi guys, I'm new to Gucci so have a quick question for UK/London based ladies/gents. Do you have to make an appointment to shop at a Gucci store? Or if you don't have to make an appointment, do you get a better experience if you do? I've not shopped in Gucci before, but I'm planning on a trip to London in the not too distant future, and I would like a nice stress free shopping experience. I've not shopped in the major fashion houses since before the pandemic, so don't know if things have changed. Grateful for any insight you can give.

You don't have to make an appointment for a regular SA.

I make an appointment (through WhatsApp) because I use a Private Client Advisor with (usually appointment-only) whom I have a long history with. Usually an SA/PCA will give you their card or as if they can WhatsApp you once you've shopped with them.

If you go early (before midday) you should be absolutely fine in Bond St or Sloane St. I would stay away from Sat afternoons for sure.

These are definitely the better stores (flagships). Full of lovely SAs. Dept store are usually busier IME and with less clued-up staff.

• Thanks
Reactions: littleblackbag
You don't have to make an appointment for a regular SA.

I make an appointment (through WhatsApp) because I use a Private Client Advisor with (usually appointment-only) whom I have a long history with. Usually an SA/PCA will give you their card or as if they can WhatsApp you once you've shopped with them.

If you go early (before midday) you should be absolutely fine in Bond St or Sloane St. I would stay away from Sat afternoons for sure.

These are definitely the better stores (flagships). Full of lovely SAs. Dept store are usually busier IME and with less clued-up staff.
Thank you papertiger. :flowers:

Reactions: papertiger
I want the leather Jordaans but they crease too easily. The velvet ones, which are men’s, look nice. Does anyone know how durable they are. Meaning, can I daily these? Too flashy? My sa said that anyone can wear the velvet (men and women). They used to make the same ones for women as well.

I tried the Jordaan in black today and they were way too soft. The crease can be easily seen and so I chose this instead. The leather is buttery but it is not super soft. It will crease but not as easy as the Jordaan.

20230212_221252.jpg

Yes PT. They are 0253. For some reason, I always thought that they are pink and gray. Wanted to find a pair to replace them so bought a few pairs of pink sunnies. No, not the same. And now I saw this photo and suddenly realised - OMG, they were not pink! They were blue or green Ah the power of observation
Thank you for the NR, I will try to find them

Reactions: papertiger
Question I purchased a Gucci marmont mini off of someone came with the receipts. My daughter loves it so she wanted one for her 21st birthday so I ordered a used one from Poshmark it was authenticated through Poshmark but problem is they don’t look the same, feel the same and one looks a little smaller depth wise.

Edited:

Last edited by a moderator: