Gucci chat thread! (Round 2!!!)

I've never owned a Gucci product in my life, but kind of tempted by the mini Diana totes, but reading some of the comments above, maybe I should give it a pass...

I did find someone selling a new one but the old version (2 years ago) with calfskin in green. I wonder if quality-wise, that is better?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen or used any of Gucci's hardsided luggage (not the trolleys, but the actual hardsided suitcases, like the one pictured below)? I know they're insanely expensive (but even the largest size is still only slightly more than the smallest size Louis Vuitton offers!), but I've been tempted.

1700060539461.png

Does anybody know if this bag actually existed?
I love it but i cant find Information about it… just the red and white one. But not the brown Leather one.
Queen Margaret GG Supreme with brown Leather.

Attachments

• IMG_4448.jpeg
    IMG_4448.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 7
Does anybody know if this bag actually existed?
I love it but i cant find Information about it… just the red and white one. But not the brown Leather one.
Queen Margaret GG Supreme with brown Leather.

Again, we don't have a Gucci Authentication thread for the moment.

I know you may think that a quick positive or negative answer may eliminate doubts, unfortunately it may not.

Has anyone seen or used any of Gucci's hardsided luggage (not the trolleys, but the actual hardsided suitcases, like the one pictured below)? I know they're insanely expensive (but even the largest size is still only slightly more than the smallest size Louis Vuitton offers!), but I've been tempted.

View attachment 5894421

Sorry, I've been away.

I saw some at Gucci Sloane and at the Savoy (Hotel). Very solidly made at first glance, those handles are not going anywhere. The ones I looked at lined-up perfectly and the mechanisms felt smooth and quick (unlike my old LVs). I didn't think the inside was luxe enough (for the pice) IMO.

I can't compare to contemporary LV as my LV trunks were (1970s/'80s) vintage, now I only have one ('80s) LV garment carrier left (the leather handle came off!!!! and the wheels broke). I need to fix it, but it's 'decor' for now - when the cat's not sleeping on it.

I think only you can decide if it's worth the money. Gucci started with luggage (like LV) and I love my Gucci (far more than LV) but I always knew I could sell my LV and when I moved I did. I think the Gucci is every bit as nice with the right decor if you're using as interior furnishings, personally (not having a personal porter) I need wheels, that's going to be one HEAVY suitcase.

If money was no object and I wanted a real 'piece', I would buy a Gucci trunk in red or green leather.

Hello, I just joined this forum. I'd like to buy either a used Gucci Jackie 1961 small in (preferably black) leather or a Fendi Black Baguette (10 inch length by 5 inch height, not embossed) in napa leather. I've found a couple of Fendis (not the ones with 2 straps, just the shorter shoulder strap, which is fine by ,me) at a price I feel I can afford. The Jackies seem harder to come by at an affordable for me price point ($1,200-$1,400) especially in a color one wants. I don't want to lose the Fendi. At the same time, I don't want to end up getting a Fendi baguette and realizing the Jackie would have been a classier and more timeless purchase. Clearly, I can afford just the one. Do you all have any thoughts? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much!

Hello, I just joined this forum. I'd like to buy either a used Gucci Jackie 1961 small in (preferably black) leather or a Fendi Black Baguette (10 inch length by 5 inch height, not embossed) in napa leather. I've found a couple of Fendis (not the ones with 2 straps, just the shorter shoulder strap, which is fine by ,me) at a price I feel I can afford. The Jackies seem harder to come by at an affordable for me price point ($1,200-$1,400) especially in a color one wants. I don't want to lose the Fendi. At the same time, I don't want to end up getting a Fendi baguette and realizing the Jackie would have been a classier and more timeless purchase. Clearly, I can afford just the one. Do you all have any thoughts? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much!

There are so many incarnations of the Jackie around, I'm sure there will be one for you, you may have e to look at a '00s model and not a recent variation. Look on the usual pre-loved sites that are suitable for where you live so that shipping and duties are not ridiculous. I recommend you don't go near any with the original GG fabric for that time frame.

I saw on the website that the new aftercare offered by Gucci for several of its premium handbags (ie: Diana, Jackie, etc.) only applies to bags purchased after May 2023.

I bought my bag in May 2022. Ugh. Why the arbitrary date? I understand not wanting to offer free refurb to bags from 1990 — but the Diana I have is no different than the current models.

I saw on the website that the new aftercare offered by Gucci for several of its premium handbags (ie: Diana, Jackie, etc.) only applies to bags purchased after May 2023.

I bought my bag in May 2022. Ugh. Why the arbitrary date? I understand not wanting to offer free refurb to bags from 1990 — but the Diana I have is no different than the current models.

Can you post the link please, TY