Do you find yourself liking the old designs of Louis Vuitton bags?

I really miss the bags from the 00s. Think Cherry Blossom, Stephen Sprouse, Marc Jacobs, eluxury era. I’m not a big monogram person, but the monogram bags back then really caught my eye. I wish I could turn back time.
Yes!!!!! The eluxury era!!!! I loved those collections! I got my first LV during that time and it was years before I got another but I constantly find myself seeking those bags out. I really prefer them to a lot of the newer bags, and I’m content to try and find them in good used condition.

Definitely! One bag in which I absolutely love as a LV errand/everyday bag is the original Odeon PM bag. I’ve tried to like the newer popular PM version but the bag seem very busy to me IMO (ie: too much brass, the two hard zippers which makes the opening very small, and the luggage tag-for what?).
The new model has some good points, the strap is detachable and very wide, I love that strap, the zipper is very nice and can lock it with the clasp of the strap make it super secure, i also like the bag can stand on its own otherwise you will have to lay it down like the old model was, I had both pm and MM. P.S. the luggage tag can be added onto other bag or sell it to bring some $$ in. I like the MM the best, but I sold them because I have the Hermes evelyne 29 which is too similar

I definitely prefer the classic/older styles than what LV has today. But I have to admit, I do love that Capucines style. Just can't justify spending that much money on a handbag. I know, I know. Wrong forum lol.
It’s Burkin Kelly of LV but much cute and can wear day and night to anywhere, Hermes birkin Kelly on the other hand probably cant wear to anywhere

I think most LVLover are liking the old Styles way more. I do like the new ones but the old were so much better and also better value for money!
My favorite styles are the: favorite, Eva Pochette, Twice, Duomo, girolata, kengsington, kimono, monceau.. I wish Lv would bringt then all back! But if they would, I would go so broke haha :lol:
i'm literally considering pulling the trigger on one of these right now..

Definitely yes! I am not a monogram person, I believe I have only 3 of them and 1 reverse. I prefer epi, suhali, empreinte, damier ebene & azur. I own but wear the least multicolore white, denim in blue and vernis. I was never attracted to mahina, teddy, glitters, etc. or putting stickers on canvas, just no.

I prefer one handle bags like Noe in epi (NM or large), Metis in empreinte (hobo and pochette) and bags with additional straps like Evora, Lumineuse and Speedy bandouliere.

From two handle bags I really enjoy Suhali leather, especially Majestueaux. She is an excellent bag for work!

The oldest bags I have are probably most of my large Noe in epi, Highbury in DE, Point-Neuf in Epi, St. Cloud in Mono, Trevi in DE PM and GM, Greta and Sologne in Multicolore white, Evora DE and DA in MM, Speedy 30 in SS's animal print, Lumineuse in Empreinte, Metis hobo in empreinte, Speedy 25 in empreinte and Alma BB in vernis. All these are 10 and more years old.

From the *recent* collections I enjoyed only: Milla PM in genuine leather, Boite Chapeau Souple MM in Mono, Pochette Metis Mono, Epi and Empreinte (no stickers, bi-color, giant, dots or other versions), Siena MM, Croisette in DE, and that is probably it.

I made absolutely NO purchases of recent collections, my heart just did not jump for any new or remakes of the old models for these reasons:
1. the quality of the craftmanshift went rapidly down
2. repairs are almost unavailable (due how the bags are made these days)
3. durability of canvas/leather
4. cost of new bags (which does not correlate with quality)

Okay, my two cents. :smile:

Last edited: