Cartier Love Bracelet and Airport Security

Traveling to Jamaica soon and my husband is worried they will make me take off my love bracelet at the airport on the way back. Has anyone been forced to remove their jewelry at the airport? I haven’t had an issue in the US.

I would leave it at home but I have never tried to take it off and am honestly worried about the screws getting loose if I do. It’s never loosened so I don’t want to mess with it.

Then again, some say pool water isn’t good for jewelry so maybe I should leave it at home…

You can ask to do the full body scanner instead of metal detector, if possible? I’ve never had to take off any jewelry (Asia, Europe & North America). Sometimes they chuckle and ask if I have bangles on before I tell them.

I just don’t get how it’s so arbitrary. I get the “special treatment” etc. 90% of the time, including patdowns bordering on sexual harrassment plus explosives probes. We mostly fly business class. Even if I say I wear them up front, they make a fuss. Are the rules just up to the individual’s torture lust of the day??

They won’t force you to remove anything.
As of now I’ve only set off the sensor once and I don’t know if it was the plate in my ankle or my bracelets. It was no big deal.

Reactions: DeryaHm
They won’t force you to remove anything.
As of now I’ve only set off the sensor once and I don’t know if it was the plate in my ankle or my bracelets. It was no big deal.
That’s true, they don’t force you in the end, but at first they say “remove”, then I say “can’t”, then they say “you have to”, then I say “can’t, screwed on”, then they don’t know, then I say “it’s Cartier”, blank look/rarely recognized, and then the whoollle treatment, forcing their hands into your pants, around your bra, everything, all the wiping down and scanning :sick: so I’ve started to take them all off and get them back on later. (Europe&US airports)

That’s true, they don’t force you in the end, but at first they say “remove”, then I say “can’t”, then they say “you have to”, then I say “can’t, screwed on”, then they don’t know, then I say “it’s Cartier”, blank look/rarely recognized, and then the whoollle treatment, forcing their hands into your pants, around your bra, everything, all the wiping down and scanning :sick: so I’ve started to take them all off and get them back on later. (Europe&US airports)
I am so sorry for this. That shouldn’t happen!

I just traveled through Paris and London. I went through Paris security without an issue. When I went through London security, the agent seemed surprised I didn't set off the alarm. She said (I'm actually not sure if she was joking), that only the fake Cartier's go through, the real one's always set off the alarm. That I should have a chat with my husband! My daughter's bracelet did set off the alarm in London, but she had no issue after a quick once over. I'm finding my bracelets are NOT setting off the alarm anymore. I'm not sure why that is. And yes, they are real, from Cartier stores, with all of the paperwork. Oh, one more thought. The agent in Paris told me to hold my arms up over my head.

I set off the alarm in Dallas last week. So I immediately thought it was my bracelet. No worries I thought as they prompted me to go through the full body scanner. Walked out looked at the screen and to my surprise it was not my bracelet that set it off. It was the zipper on my boots lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Swanky
I set off the alarm in Dallas last week. So I immediately thought it was my bracelet. No worries I thought as they prompted me to go through the full body scanner. Walked out looked at the screen and to my surprise it was not my bracelet that set it off. It was the zipper on my boots lol!

Love or DFW? I fly in/out of DFW a lot and have only set it off once. Pretty sure it was the plate in my ankle though!

You can ask to do the full body scanner instead of metal detector, if possible? I’ve never had to take off any jewelry (Asia, Europe & North America). Sometimes they chuckle and ask if I have bangles on before I tell them.
Exactly! I actually request the full body scan because I am never removing fine jewelry or a watch to sit in a basket that will be out of my view.

I can try that next time I guess :noworry:
At JFK they’re pretty used to loves and an agent told me this complicated way to walk through holding both arms in front of me with one finger holding the bracelet perfectly straight. I thought maybe they at the point just like f*cking with people becuase it must be a common annoyance but the position worked so maybe not