Cartier Love Bracelet and Airport Security

So odd how different it is. I walked through DFW airport security 2 hours ago problem free. Didn’t even set off sensor with new plate in my ankle lol
Hi @Swanky--I also have a plate and screws in my ankle and was told it would not set off alarms due to it being titanium. Don't know if that's true but next time I fly I will find out!

Reactions: thundercloud
I’ve flown 3 different round trips since getting mine- no issues!
Good to know! Off topic but I saw an xray of my plate & screws in my ankle bones once and whoa!!--that was enough for me! I am super glad I could be fixed though.

As for taking the bracelets off--I recently read an article where someone's $6000 bracelet (I figured it was a love) was stolen out of the little basket that jewelry is placed in to go through the machine by itself. Thank goodness for the cameras catching the thief--it was either a TSA agent or some other airline employee. Sheesh!

Good to know! Off topic but I saw an xray of my plate & screws in my ankle bones once and whoa!!--that was enough for me! I am super glad I could be fixed though.

As for taking the bracelets off--I recently read an article where someone's $6000 bracelet (I figured it was a love) was stolen out of the little basket that jewelry is placed in to go through the machine by itself. Thank goodness for the cameras catching the thief--it was either a TSA agent or some other airline employee. Sheesh!

Ugh, what a loser to the person who tried stealing it. Glad they got the jewelry back.

I even went as far as to ask the TSOs on a subreddit for their thoughts and opinions. One said if I’m worried, the screwdriver is 100% ok to pack in carry-on. Any screwdriver under 7” is fine, so the little Cartier one is ok! But, they added that the bracelet might trigger the alarm but it’s no big deal. Body scan will take care of it.

I travel for a week every month for my new job of 6 months and I don’t even bother going through the normal screening- I say “I can’t take these off” and they immediately understand and shoo me off to the full body 3 second scanner and then I just throw up my wrists when I come out- one or the TSA ladies even said “wow you really know the drill” lol

It does vary by airport. I always beep from Toronto to US but never on the way back, no matter which airport I’m flying from. For EU, I’ve only experienced it once, from LHR to CDG.

I find it hit or miss depending on airport.

On the subject of the theft - I know someone who had a brand new rolex watch stolen by a TSA agent searching her bag. She didn’t realize it was gone until she arrived at her destination. Be careful!
Hearing this really makes me angry. I just bought my Rolex a few months ago, and I was expecting them to tell me to remove it while entering security, but I would have refused for this exact reason. Nobody can be trusted, sad that not even a TSA agent can be trusted.

Hearing this really makes me angry. I just bought my Rolex a few months ago, and I was expecting them to tell me to remove it while entering security, but I would have refused for this exact reason. Nobody can be trusted, sad that not even a TSA agent can be trusted.

Went through LAX today and no issues again.
I've never had any issues with my Rolex either :smile:

Reactions: south-of-france